Re: NEW: Superman and Batman movie (Man of Steel Sequel)

Oh gatsby.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Well, we all know how long Batman will last against Superman. One is a guy who got his back broken by Marlon Brando on steroids, the other can fly around the world to turn back time (haven't seen Man of Steel, but I imagine that Superman is more overpowered than ever. I believe that is the point of Superman).

I don't even need to animate a parody - the jokes write themselves...

Lechnology wrote:

We get it Max, you're a cynical contrarian.

Nope, I just say what I think. Yes, I kid around a bit, and part of me enjoys putting things into perspective - but its been years since I've actually tried to deliberately annoy people.

But yeah, I need to keep on-topic more often. I'll try to trim down on my little 'asides' that often end up bigger than my main point...

Last edited by Max Butcher (July 22, 2013 (01:43am))

YouTube
Max, She/They

Seriously? All this and no Wonder Woman or Aquaman movie?
Actually I wouldn't want to see Wonder Woman because they'd probably make it hypersexualized and terrible. And Aquaman would probably be turned into a beach bum Brice de Nice kind of jerk. Never mind!

I really don't like the logo choice for Batman.  I was hoping they would go for the one use in Arkham City.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/8957456571_f23867aeec_o.jpg
PITCH Part 1 Out Now!
Part 2 Coming Soon

I hope it has lots of punching and cool one-liners and explosions!

Max Butcher wrote:

(haven't seen Man of Steel, but I imagine that Superman is more overpowered than ever. I believe that is the point of Superman).

Most of the time, I find that your posts/rants make sense and are to a certain extent logical (though I'm not going to lie, I find some of them pretty pedantic), but this is one thing about you that annoys me:  You should really actually bother to watch a film before you pass judgment on it.

Having seen Man of Steel, I'd say that the exact opposite is true (there's certainly no "flying around the world to reverse time"-type silliness).  For most of the movie, Superman is fighting against Kryptonians who have the same powers as he does--and who are trained soldiers/warriors to boot, so if anything he's (relatively) underpowered.  And I wouldn't call it bland, either; it was far better than The Avengers (which is the definition of blandness) in my opinion.

(I will admit that "Marlon Brando on steroids"  comment made me laugh, though.)

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Really? I always thought that Superman without his utlra-powers is like Batman without his parental issues - take it away and the character stops existing. Then again, I haven't seen Man Of Steel, so for all I know it could be a dark decent into Superman's repressed sub-concious - like Eyes Wide Shut only the half-naked women are musclebound men in leather and spandex. (To be fair, its rare for a superhero to be evenly matched these days. As much as I joke/rage about Batman's spine healing in a matter of days, its better than Thor getting stabbed in the hip only to immediately throw the knife away and continue like it never happened)

I like the idea someone suggested that, rather than having a Batman/Superman coalition, Warner Bros should instead make a film where all the Batman/Superman villains get together. Because, lets face it: the Batman villains are way more interesting. I feel more sorry for The Riddler than Batman. The poor guy is stuck in an endless limbo where he devises complex puzzles and has no choice but to leave clues lying around so a guy in a bat costume can solve it and beat him up. Then, after getting a new set of teeth, he escapes from Arkham Asylum to do it all over again! At least in his off-time Batman can enjoy being a billionaire...

YouTube
Max, She/They

It's not that Superman doesn't have his "ultra-powers"; it's that they're dealt with in a way very different to all previous Superman films.  Man of Steel is much more serious and realistic (inasmuch Superman can be realistic).  For almost the whole film, Clark Kent is insecure and trying to learn how to use his powers.  There's a scene where Clark (when he's a boy) gets a panic attack because he doesn't know how to control his heat and x-ray vision and super-hearing, so he ends up seeing and hearing, well, everything.  And he's matched against General Zod and his band of survivors, who, being Kryptonians, have the exact same powers as him.  They're also trained, and, as the film reveals, (though this doesn't give away any major plot points, this might be slightly spoilerish, so I'm putting it in a spoiler just in case)

Spoiler (click to read)

genetically programmed/designed

to be warriors.  Most of the time, Superman is in a desperate situation because he can't do anything to stop Zod and his army.

Besides, who said Batman's back healed "in a matter of days"?  From what I understood (I'm assuming you're referring to DKR) Batman was trapped in The Pit for several months, which would give him enough time for it to heal.

And while it would be interesting to see a villain team-up, I don't see how it could work out.  For a start, Batman has one of the most extensive rogue's galleries of all superheroes, so the sheer amount of characters would make any film attempt extremely difficult.  Besides, most of Batman's villains are individualistic and self-centred, and many of them are rivals of each other (e.g. Penguin and Black Mask); while they may form temporary alliances they wouldn't stick together for long.  Since they're mostly individualistic and have different motives and goals, they'd probably end up arguing over which way to kill (or indeed not kill) Batman, not to mention villains like The Joker would probably murder anyone who didn't agree with him on a whim--so any large-scale coherent alliance wouldn't ever work out.

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college

They should make the name some kind of mashup between Man of Steel and something Batman related, something like Manman.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

jstudios wrote:

They should make the name some kind of mashup between Man of Steel and something Batman related, something like Manman.

Manknight?
Darksteel?
Batsteel?
Man of Knight?
Man of knight rises?
Man of forever
Caped of steel
Mancrusader?

jstudios wrote:

Manman.

Manman Rises.

Hold on there, Mickey... "Manman Begins" first. lol

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

TrollBridge Studios wrote:

Hold on there, Mickey... "Manman Begins" first. lol

Funny, I was gonna type that. But I felt like changing it. Because, it's not really "beginning". I mean, it is the sequel.

As long as it has a healthy dose of Manman action, I'm all for it.

The Dark Man-Knight of Steel?

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (July 23, 2013 (04:31am))

Nope, apparently its going to be called
"SUPERMAN VS BATMAN"

i'm not kidding

Lucas wrote:

"SUPERMAN VS BATMAN"

i'm not kidding

Sounds like most brickfilms ever made.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

I hope batman uses kryptonite. then kills superman.

Lucas wrote:

"SUPERMAN VS BATMAN"

i'm not kidding

Well that's original.

Jediknight1997, I hope Superman takes a radioactive rock and kills Batman with it... Put that orphan out of his misery, lol.

If you like it or not, this movie IS being made. (Or, is in pre-production, at least) However, I do kinda hate the whole "Batman vs Superman" idea, so a title like "Superman vs Batman," is a down note for me. I hope it'll end up better than sounding like some amateur brickfilm. Even Nathan Wells or Smeagol could have thought of a better title. Though, UP was a pretty good film for a title that was a turn-off, so, what do I know...

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png