Re: Official LEGO Movie

I watched it today, and will see it again tomorrow.

Believe the hype. It's amazing. Everything is awesome.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

I don't know why I'm friends with some people. Thanks [NAME REDACTED] for spoiling the film's plot twist.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

I thought it first comes out on the 14th in the UK?

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

jampot wrote:

I don't know why I'm friends with some people. Thanks [NAME REDACTED] for spoiling the film's plot twist.

It's really hard to not spoil it though. It's so good. But yeah, I know the hardships of having things spoiled. Entire seasons of shows have been spoiled for me before. It's not fun.

FlyingMinifig wrote:

Yeah that's what I've read, but cinemas around here are showing it so I'm not complaining. mini/bigsmile

Chris W. wrote:
jampot wrote:

It's really hard to not spoil it though. It's so good. But yeah, I know the hardships of having things spoiled. Entire seasons of shows have been spoiled for me before. It's not fun.

I really hate spoilers. I don't see what people get out of ruining a book or a film or a TV series, and lately I've been getting really grumpy when it happens, which seems to be a lot. I'll be grumpy for a few hours now...:mad:

"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Hazzat wrote:
FlyingMinifig wrote:

Yeah that's what I've read, but cinemas around here are showing it so I'm not complaining. mini/bigsmile

This is true, it is out here in the UK for selected premieres, by that I mean for one day only.

Yeah, it's on today and tomorrow, but none of my friends are free this weekend mini/sad

jampot wrote:

Yeah, it's on today and tomorrow, but none of my friends are free this weekend mini/sad

I'd go by myself. It's not weird for a fifteen-year old to walk into a movie filled with 4-9 year old kids? Right? RIGHT?!?!

Seriously though, I'd go by myself if I had to. Luckily I had a friend who I went with.

Chris W. wrote:
jampot wrote:

I'd go by myself. It's not weird for a fifteen-year old to walk into a movie filled with 4-9 year old kids? Right? RIGHT?!?!

Seriously though, I'd go by myself if I had to. Luckily I had a friend who I went with.

Would it be weird for an 18 year old?

Also, it's not as fun going to a film by yourself. I saw Desolation of Smaug on my own and most of my friends didn't see it for another fortnight. I didn't get the chance to share the movie with anyone for a while, and certainly not the experience of actually being there and seeing it.

jampot wrote:
Chris W. wrote:
jampot wrote:

Would it be weird for an 18 year old?

Also, it's not as fun going to a film by yourself. I saw Desolation of Smaug on my own and most of my friends didn't see it for another fortnight. I didn't get the chance to share the movie with anyone for a while, and certainly not the experience of actually being there and seeing it.

I do agree, it's a lot more fun to see it with others, I'm just saying I'd go alone if I HAD to. My first choice would be with others.

McDonalds has Lego Movie Happy Meals; I just drove by & saw it.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

HoldingOurOwn wrote:

McDonalds has Lego Movie Happy Meals; I just drove by & saw it.

My brothers each got one of those last night. The kiddie drink cups are interesting; the pictures seem to move and change (I forget what that illusion is called).

Also, Toys'R'Us stores are giving out some free sets (not sure if this counts for every location, though). I wasn't able to go, however, due to the amount of homework I have).

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Chris W. wrote:

It's not weird for a fifteen-year old to walk into a movie filled with 4-9 year old kids? Right? RIGHT?!?!

I went to see Equestria Girls, and I was 18 at the time. It's not weird, honest. mini/eek

Everything is awesome~

It's better to see a movie with friends.
♫Everything is cool when you're part of a team♫

But it's still cool either way.

Hazzat wrote:
Chris W. wrote:

It's not weird for a fifteen-year old to walk into a movie filled with 4-9 year old kids? Right? RIGHT?!?!

I went to see Equestria Girls, and I was 18 at the time. It's not weird, honest. mini/eek

I went to see EG when I was even older.

I noticed there's a series of contests called The Emmet Awards on the way to tie in with the movie, and it looks like the first one will be related to filmmaking. It starts on 11th of February, so stay tuned!

I SAW IT

I CRIED 5 TIMES

I LAUGHED AN UNCOUNTABLE AMOUNT OF TIMES

IT'S MY FAVORITE MOVIE, NOT BECAUSE I'M A FAN OF LEGO, BUT BECAUSE OF THE INCREDIBLE STORYTELLING AND ANIMATION AND ETC.

WHAT A GOOD MOVIE

WATCH IT. WATCH IT

PHIL LORD AND CHRIS MILLER ARE MY FAVORITES. I LOVED CLOUDY AND CLONE HIGH AND 21 JUMP STREET, VERY GOOD. THEY ARE GOOD . GOOD GUYS.

SEE THE LEGO MOVIE

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

It was pretty good.

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

This movie was exactly what I expected, but I had pretty high expectations and it lived up to them, I liked it a lot.

It was pretty cool to see a direct reference to The Magic Portal in there.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I cried afterwards due to the superb, brilliant, exhilarating, breathtaking, beautiful, marvelous, wonderful, everythingactuallyreallyisawesome work that was done here. I wasn't so sure whether or not Hollywood could pull off an actual LEGO movie, but I guess they can. The LEGO Movie was everything I had imagined it would be, and even more.

All the Easter eggs and tidbits hidden in there (just for us LEGO fanatics) were great. I can't tell you how many times I cracked up in that cinema. The plot was so much more than just "a bunch of LEGO minifigures that save the world from Will Ferrell", it had a twist and a turn around every corner. It never disappointed me. There was just so much going on in The LEGO Movie that it was almost overwhelming. It's very difficult to keep track of everything, and I might just have to watch the film a few more times to do that. I enjoyed it, but I think I will enjoy it even more if I watch The LEGO Movie more than once.

The animation, the voice acting, the cinematography, and the sets were next to perfect, and the script was nicely taut. Mothersbaugh (a former colleague of Devo, and the composer for the Rugrats TV series and the films that came after that)'s musical score gave The LEGO Movie that playful atmosphere that it had wanted. The Lonely Island's song (see everyone else's posts for the title) got a little tiring at first, but I soon got used to it once I figured out its heartfelt meaning. Plus, the acoustic edition of it towards the end of the closing credits was very well done. I think its safe to say that that song was a key contribution to the waterworks that resulted after I watched the film. mini/lol

Spoiler (click to read)

The opening sequence made me smile a huge smile. My mind was blown when I saw how intricately constructed the sets were. Seeing all the LEGO come to life (I mean, I've seen it before; but seeing it on the silver screen was extra special) was a wonderful gift for a LEGO fanatic like me. The "Where Are My Pants?" gags kept cracking me up for some reason. Maybe the way the jokes were executed, or something like that. The first few scenes with Good Cop/Bad Cop (including the "super-motorbike"chase scene) were great, but I'll admit that I got a little tired of the constant "face-change gags". The Old West sequence, and the collapsing bridge scene were eloquently executed. There were times when I felt like "it had to be LEGO". What else could possibly be used to make scenes like that so fun to watch? Batman's first few scenes felt a little forced, but I soon got used to his character. I loved the Middle Zealand gag (if you don't get it, it's a Lord of the Rings reference, seeing as it's Middle-Earth and New Zealand combined), and for some reason, I expected the Uni-Kitty sequences to contain some brony undertones (I don't know, maybe because of the way Brie's character was designed). But, I never really noticed it. Seeing all the different minifigures in the "Dog" sequence was really great. MetalBeard was hilarious, and so was Day's spaceman character. I'm glad that the screenwriters wrote him in as a recurring character, instead of just another "minifigure reference". The LEGO Star Wars references felt a little forced, but I was overall surprised that the original voice actors (all except Han Solo, who was instead voiced by Keith Ferguson of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends) of the characters reprised their roles here. Lord Business (or President, whatever you'd like to call him) was hilarious, never was there a moment when I was bored by the delightful villainy of his character. And the whole KrazyGlue (the "Kragle") idea was very well-thought out; I also enjoyed all other references to human-made products. The interior Octan Tower scenes were very well executed. I loved every minute of it. The live-action sequences were great, and even though I had already read the spoilers on the Web, I was nonetheless surprised and excited when Ferrell's human self came onscreen. He and the little boy really complimented those scenes with a nice, heartwarming atmosphere (One question, however: where in the world would a guy get the cash to buy all that LEGO? Unless of course, he works for LEGO himself... mini/eh ). The last couple of sequences is what got me all teared up. It finished the film on a very good note. And the invasion of the Duplo monsters cracked me (as well as everyone else in the theatre) up; I absolutely loved that part. The credits were great, and I smiled when I saw Paganomation's name toward the end of the closing credits.

And you know why? Because I can be proud of the fact that there would probably be now such thing as The LEGO Movie if it weren't for us brickfilmers, as well as all the other LEGO fans out there. I'm very proud of who I am, and anyone else out there, who's ever made a brickfilm, should be, too. Don't ever hesitate to just be yourself, and don't be afraid to do things differently than others may do. mini/wink In fact, I think that was the main point that this film was trying to get at here.

"Sometimes, it's necessary to live life without an instruction booklet."

I love the idea of that phrase so much. I want to live by those words forever.

In conclusion, I think it's absolutely safe to say that The LEGO Movie has offered me a cinematic experience like no other. If you haven't seen it yet, see it as soon as you possibly can. It's wonderful, and everything truly is awesome. mini/yes You will never forget The LEGO Movie; I know I never will.

Last edited by Mickey (February 9, 2014 (04:05pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?