Topic: Jeffery and the Old Man in: Jeffery Gets a Voicebox Transplant

Directory Link

Jeffery and the Old Man in: Jeffery Gets a Voicebox Transplant

YouTube

Jeffery's up to his WAAACKY shenanigans again! This time he decides to fall down some stairs and get brutally injured! What a wackjob! He coughs out his voicebox and now he can't speak! What! What's his problem?! He goes on an epic adventure to discover the true meaning of friendship. Find out what happens in this new video! Jeffery and the Old Man in: Jeffery Gets a Voicebox Transplant!

Oh yeah, and Old Man's in it too.

This took me over a year to make for some reason. Thanks to everyone who helped, I've got some more JATOM's comin' your way.

Also, this is my longest video I've ever made. Took me the longest to make too. It still isn't that good. Whoops.

I think the music cuts out during the surgeon scene, but you can still hear the voices and the jokes so

Also, here's a playlist of all my Jeffery and the Old Man videos. They're probably the only funny things I've ever made. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL … re=mh_lolz

Last edited by Just Kidden (February 17, 2013 (11:45am))

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Re: Jeffery and the Old Man in: Jeffery Gets a Voicebox Transplant

That was good. The mixing of stop-motion animation and drawings was all right; I seldom see that in a brickfilm. I also enjoyed the comical cartoony touches.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

You have created a masterpiece, JK. Not even lying, I teared up from laughing at multiple times. Your comedic effects in the animation was amazingly well done. I thoroughly enjoyed this film.

My only complaints are that the camera quality as lost a lot when it was zoomed in, and I wasn't really sure what the point of the scene with the radio in the background was. Not bashing Jargon's voice acting at all, he was great, but I'm just not sure what the point of that scene was.

But in total, that film was amazing and worth the wait.

4.5/5

That was wonderful, man. Wonderful. mini/bigsmile

Why did I get special thanks? What did I do?

Wow I completely forgot about my sassy acting for this.
Anyway, that was great JK, you need to make more films. Animation was great, as was the humour, only thing is you need to improve a little bit on clarity of what's going on. Hell at times you even needed subtitles to explain.
Other than that though this was worth the wait. (oh and those cartoon bits were awesome by the way)

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Thanks guys. Good to know you liked it.

I've been editing and reediting this thing for like 3 months and I've gotten so sick of it. It used to be edited a lot better but I decided to redit it a ton of times and it just kind of ended up like this. I don't think I'll be spending this long on a brickfilm anymore, it makes me sick of what I'm doing and no matter how good it was originally I'll want it to be something different and bleh. If I work on one thing for too long that just kind of happens.

But thanks guys! I'm going to try and make a Jeffery and the Old Man every month or so. Next I gotta replace Old Man's voice so expect a casting call up soon for that. (I'll make a shorter video about Old Man's voice getting changed)

Also, here's a playlist of all the Jeffery and the Old Man's I've made. They're my favorite as far as all my videos go.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL … re=mh_lolz

Just Kidden wrote:

I gotta replace Old Man's voice so expect a casting call up soon for that. (I'll make a shorter video about Old Man's voice getting changed)

You're changing Old Man's voice too?  Why?
I'm totally going to audition, though.

Squash is unable to do it, he'll be voicing in one more though (the one where his voice changes). Probably.

Here's a behind-the-scenes featurette of this video!

That was the closest I have come to dying with laughter. I think the only time I've laughed harder was when a friend broke wind at an octave previously unrecorded by man in the middle of a crowded area.

Seriously, that scream from The Old Man followed by a pause/whiplash sound, followed by the Wilhelm Scream with THAT face - that joke was more well timed, thought-out, paced and executed than a Mozart symphony. Anyone else who wants to do comedy should analyse that scene more than a Shakespeare monologue (YES! I am comparing a Stop Motion animation with children's toys to Mozart and Shakespeare! THIS DESERVES IT!) And this was just the opening scene.

Everything from the hand-drawn stuff right down to the cheesy opening music was just perfect. And when the Surgeons came out, THAT song was already playing in my head - so when it actually played in our dimension, I lost it.

If there is a funnier Brickfilm released this year, or any year afterwards - then I must have somehow died and gone to paradise. Art is all about drilling a hole in ones head and spilling the contents over as many people as you can reach - and your innards are all rainbowy with talking marshmallow bits.

YouTube
Max, She/They

That was brilliant. I can't wait for more episodes.

Last edited by Tobias (February 24, 2013 (04:47pm))

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Definitely the funniest brickfilm I've seen to date.  Your INSANE cartoon animation perfectly complimented the story.  Can't wait to see more JATOM soon.

OH GOD MY SIDES
Seriously the funniest thing I've seen today.

I have to say, I love your style, it's just so absurdly ridiculous that I can't stop laughing the whole time. Usually when I write a post about a film I talk about the technical side of animation, and find some sort of way to critique the film (constructively, of course); but all I can say about this is it's over the top amazing, and I love it. Totally my type of comedy. mini/delirium

That was hilarious and a little bit gross mini/tongue
I loved it though. My one criticism is that explanation bit wasn't really needed, at least for me. I understood what was going on without it.
Anyway, amazing work!

I really honestly enjoyed it! The 2-d animation was superb! The voicing was funny to, I hope to see more!

Your style really shines in this short jk. This is one of my favorite works from you so far.

It is a shame that one or two shots are so zoomed in that the image is blurry and pixelated, but everything else in the film more than makes up for it. mini/smile

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Something may be wrong with me: I didn't find it as funny as other seem to do.
Still, it was a pretty good brickfilm to look at, your animation it's just amazing and unique, I love youre style (especially the 2D).
I had problems with hearing some of the voices, though. Everything else was all right (I feel like everyone's going to call me "blasphemous" for saying it was just "all right"...oh well, I'll enjoy my exile).
Can't wait for the next one.

How long ago was it when you were telling me that you had to kill this series due to your VA for Jeffery not doing the part anymore? You're welcome for this idea and I'm glad to see it finally came out. Great job as always, Jon!

How I didn't see this earlier is beyond me. Anyways, wonderful job as always! I can't wait for more! mini/bigsmile I laughed so much at the surgery scene. 4.5/5

Last edited by LASF (February 21, 2013 (06:33pm))