Re: Things you don't want to see in a brickfilm.

Briks wrote:
1011ev wrote:

33. 30 second intros for a 3 second test.

I have failed, master.

I literally laughed out loud upon seeing this. It's just something I really dislike seeing in brickfilms, but especially tests.
I also even dislike long intros on movies, where you just want the movie to start. mini/tongue
Your intro is good, if you want either see if you can shorten it a tad, or add more animation on to the end. I even struggle with this. Outros can work great if they are a decent amount of time, but not too long. mini/wink

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

Troodon wrote:

29. Funny violence. Really, I saw a brickfilm a few days ago where a bunch of stormtroopers are beating up Darth Vader with axes and they're all laughing and looking like they're enjoying someone's guts spill out on the street. I hate films like this. Watching someone's guts spill out on the street isn't funny, either.
30. Clay muzzle flashes and clay blood.

For #29, would that still apply for psychopaths?.

As for #30, I HATE THAT!!! RRRRGGGHH! YOU JUST REMINDED ME, THUS RUINING MY DAY!

34. Star Wars style intros, with the text slooowly going away from the camera in the unending monotony of torture through boredom. And then you find out you just watched the entire 5 minutes of it to find that the actual brickfilm is 30 seconds of people getting shot in an all-out, no-plot anarchy... and super-unrealistic clay blood splattered everywhere.

"Doc seriously, do that one more time without warning me first and I'll flip this examination table and roundhouse kick you in the face." - Adam young

This one gets me bad...

35.  Scraps of torn paper scrawled upon by a dull pencil, taped to a set, and called a "sign". Seriously, just take 2 min to type it out on a computer, print, and use scissors. Or scissors and a sharp pencil, at least.

I have seen this so many times in otherwise ok brickfilms. I wonder if they know how much it hurts their "production quality".

AnW wrote:

This one gets me bad...

35.  Scraps of torn paper scrawled upon by a dull pencil, taped to a set, and called a "sign". Seriously, just take 2 min to type it out on a computer, print, and use scissors. Or scissors and a sharp pencil, at least.

I have seen this so many times in otherwise ok brickfilms. I wonder if they know how much it hurts their "production quality".

I almost did that in an unreleased film, but then I realized it's to hard to draw Justin Beiber.

RedBrick1 wrote:

I was wondering, what song was he talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CTPLUcQAjk

LarryStudios wrote:

Cartoon violence isn't funny either. It's the same violence just not as gory

Have you ever seen Tom and Jerry? Looney Tunes? The Goofy Cartoons? I DARE you not to laugh at this.

I'm a pacifist and I think the shows I've listed are comic genius. Its not the violence itself that's funny, its the timing and reaction - which I do think a lot of animators miss.

YouTube
Max, She/They

When I was a little kid I thought Tom and Jerry were hilarious but now that I've grown up I don't find the violence part funny at all. I do love the animation in Tom and Jerry and the style of the cartoon and it has many funny jokes but the violence itself isn't funny.

AnW wrote:

This one gets me bad...

I agree and disagree. In one of my films the sign is hand made by a minifigure, so it would look real weird if it was typed out. But yes, if we're talking about signs like road signs then that also annoys me.

@Keesret
Yeah, I can see that. If a minifigure is supposed to be interacting with some paper and writing on it and stuff then yeah, that can be ok. What annoys me is when people take so little time and make what are supposed to be, say, store signs like that.

LarryStudios wrote:

When I was a little kid I thought Tom and Jerry were hilarious but now that I've grown up I don't find the violence part funny at all. I do love the animation in Tom and Jerry and the style of the cartoon and it has many funny jokes but the violence itself isn't funny.

How about Looney Toons, though? I'll agree that Tom and Jerry gets a little less amusing as it gets older, but Looney Toons is still as awesome as it was when I was five, perhaps even more so.

Really, like anything, it depends on how it's used.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

MaxButcher wrote:
LarryStudios wrote:

Have you ever seen Tom and Jerry? Looney Tunes? The Goofy Cartoons? I DARE you not to laugh at this.

*watches video* BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, SILLY CARTOONS, SILLY! mini/lol I used to love those old cartoons...until they made all the lousy movies. Ahh, good times...

36. Bad mic quality. I mean, seriously, some people don't know who to create proper audio.

Last edited by Mickey (April 18, 2012 (04:08pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

37. Titles that begin with the word "Lego".

Bricks In Motion drinking game!

1. Do a shot every time you see a film with "LEGO", "Star Wars", or "Batman/Dark Knight" in the title.
2. Die of alcohol poisoning.

Ceej wrote:

37. Titles that begin with the word "Lego".

Yup, one of my pet peeves. mini/twitch

38. I hate seeing this on my channel:

OMG! YOUR VIDDZ R AMAZING! Tho srsly u should c mine, theyre RLY KEWL!

LASF wrote:

38. I hate seeing this on my channel:

OMG! YOUR VIDDZ R AMAZING! Tho srsly u should c mine, theyre RLY KEWL!

TBH, the first half of that theoretical post bugs me more than the latter half. Praise is nice, but one kind person, really trying to help me improve my animation, plot, etc, is worth 100,000,000 of those "OH MAH GOSH SO KEWL" posts.

$0.02

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

LarryStudios wrote:

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

This fits so many criteria, from senseless violence, to inconsistent animation, to excessive gore. So many undeserved views.

Try to make it through.

backyardlegos wrote:

This fits so many criteria, from senseless violence, to inconsistent animation, to excessive gore. So many undeserved views.

Try to make it through.

The only thing I kind of liked were the vfx. It also seemed quite choppy. Please make me never watch that again. He ruined it with too much gore/blood.

$0.03 (Sorry littlebrick xD)

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

Just Kidden wrote:
LarryStudios wrote:

If you spray perfume on poop it might not be that smelly but it's still just poop. I don't feel bad because there's nothing to feel bad about. Seriously if Tom and Jerry was violence free you think it wouldn't be funny? I've seen dozens of cartoons that are very funny and enjoyable yet SOMEHOW there's no violence in them at all.

LarryStudios wrote:
Just Kidden wrote:
LarryStudios wrote:

If you spray perfume on poop it might not be that smelly but it's still just poop. I don't feel bad because there's nothing to feel bad about. Seriously if Tom and Jerry was violence free you think it wouldn't be funny? I've seen dozens of cartoons that are very funny and enjoyable yet SOMEHOW there's no violence in them at all.

Actually Tom and Jerry wouldn't make sense without violence. It would just end with Jerry getting eaten.

Just Kidden wrote:
LarryStudios wrote:

This.