Re: Things you don't want to see in a brickfilm.

I hate when people use LEGO in a brickfilm, I stop watching as soon as I see it.

meme
http://i.imgur.com/gMfjgiC.jpg

27.  A n00b who puts other peoples brickfilms on their channel and claim the video was by them just because they can't be bothered to make their own. I hate that.

animationIsaac wrote:

27.  A n00b who puts other peoples brickfilms on their channel and claim the video was by them just because they can't be bothered to make their own. I hate that.

This mini/sunnies I've had quite a few issues with aggressive noobs in the past mini/bigsmile though now that I think about it technically it's not something that we can "see" in a brickfilm. So maybe it's a little bit off-topic? I dunno.

Regan wrote:

I hate when people use LEGO in a brickfilm, I stop watching as soon as I see it.

Who ever dose that should be dragged out on the Street and beaten!

The Ghost of Mrs. Day studios: Home of mediocre brickfilms.

It was just a jk mini/bigsmile

28: A general lack of obscene sex and violence.

I knew he was joking, but every brickfilm should be like this http://youtu.be/DZ9TUUBwnfE

animationIsaac wrote:

Yes, which is plagiarism, which is illegal. I hate that.
29. Funny violence. Really, I saw a brickfilm a few days ago where a bunch of stormtroopers are beating up Darth Vader with axes and they're all laughing and looking like they're enjoying someone's guts spill out on the street. I hate films like this. Watching someone's guts spill out on the street isn't funny, either.
30. Clay muzzle flashes and clay blood.

Troodon wrote:

29. Funny violence.

You mean sadistic violence. 'Funny Violence' refers more to Tom and Jerry...

YouTube
Max, She/They

Max Butcher wrote:
Troodon wrote:

29. Funny violence.

You mean sadistic violence. 'Funny Violence' refers more to Tom and Jerry...

That's what I was about to type, cartoon violence is as far as I will go in my films. I don't enjoy watching people get there heads cut off by a screaming maniac, so why should I create it?

Cartoon violence isn't funny either. It's the same violence just not as gory, if you eat a hamburger without any ketchup it doesn't make it healthy (ketchup is blood in this comparison) mini/lol

Larmz wrote:

7. I hate the over use of Incompetech's music. I understand it's a site giving you access to music free from copyright, however there are large varieties of songs on the site yet people seem to use the same repetitive song.

You brought up a good point, due to this post, and others, I went back to the site to look for some newer music to use, instead of the usual tracks. I am glad I did, he has posted some newer stuff that is PERFECT for some films I am planning, thanks!

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

RedBrick1 wrote:
Larmz wrote:

7. I hate the over use of Incompetech's music. I understand it's a site giving you access to music free from copyright, however there are large varieties of songs on the site yet people seem to use the same repetitive song.

You brought up a good point, due to this post, and others, I went back to the site to look for some newer music to use, instead of the usual tracks. I am glad I did, he has posted some newer stuff that is PERFECT for some films I am planning, thanks!

That is a good point and I have noticed how annoying it is when people use the exact same song over and over. I have used Incompetech's music in several videos so far but I spend a nice bit of time browsing page after page of his music looking for what best fits the video. I usually will choose something that isn't very familiar and people will comment on the video asking what song it was.

Same thing here. For my Pompeii video I looked for about 30 minutes for the right music mini/blankexpression .

Same here, although it seems that a good slice of his stuff just doesn't go well with videos, and a lot of what's left is mostly drumming. So I find it really hard to get something that fits, yet isn't over-used. It could be worse though, at least he has some stuff that will work. And he lets us use it for free, which is more than you can say of most websites.

So while it does get annoying sometimes, it's better to over-use something than to not have it in the first place.
And we should be thankful for the resource that we have, and not whine about what we "should" have. mini/wink

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (April 17, 2012 (07:59am))

Since we are on the subject of Incompetech music, I noticed in the description of "Bicycle" http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free … ords=00870 he wrote, "Solo bass. No, it doesn't sound like that song. There are only so many ways make a looped bassline sound. This is one of them. Ends in a super build of chords."

I was wondering, what song was he talking about? The "Airwolf" theme? Sorry for going off topic, but for some reason I was curious about this.

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Sort of like one of the first ones.

31. Overusing the "zombie brickfilm" idea. I mean seriously. ENOUGH WITH THAT! mini/rolleyes

32. Dynamic duos. Yes, I know you people wanna be like the guys who made Drake and Josh and South Park [, etc.]. And, there is nothing wrong with that kind of stuff; some I am even big fans of (Mr. Tater and Kevin by KG, Ben & Andy by Mindgame, Back to the Lab by Red Onyx). But, don't take it too far. If you're just gonna put two guys on a poorly-built set and have them tell boring and unfunny jokes, I got one word for you.

Don't.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

omarnol wrote:

32. Dynamic duos. Yes, I know you people wanna be like the guys who made Drake and Josh

Why would People want to be like a Nick "teen" sitcom?

33. 30 second intros for a 3 second test.

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

1011ev wrote:

33. 30 second intros for a 3 second test.

I have failed, master.

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv