Re: Things you don't want to see in a brickfilm.

KTproductions121 wrote:

all the noobs using WMM as their Video editor! I hate it SO MUCH!

I KNOW SONY VEGAS IS EXPENSIVE BUT IT'S GOOD!

I had found a nice free demo of a video editing software and liked it very much. unfortunately it put a watermark on the first minte of film and another watermark later. I was determined though and tried to find a way to get around the watermark. but then I found that it wouldn't let me watch my video sometimes and was forced to us WMM as a substitute but hope to get the full version of the editing software for my birthday.

Moral of story, good software may be worth the money, but not all of us have the money to spend.

KTproductions121 wrote:

So you're callin' me and Repelling Spider a noob mini/confused ?

KTproductions121 wrote:

Repelling Spider is one of my brickfilmer idols, and he uses WMM.

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

Hey guys don't  be too quick to judge. Read Ktproductions121's comment again. What the guy says is that all the noobs are using WMM but he didn't say that everyone who uses WMM is a noob. It's two different things. If you got skills you can make it work with WMM it's been proved by the already mentioned Repelling Spider, I had no idea he was using WMM mini/lol

I've seen your entry Ktproductions121, you shouldn't call people noobs especially when you yourself have so many room to improve on. Besides, watching your videos I couldn't tell the difference whether you're using a "primitive" WMM or SonyVegas.

Last edited by Leo's World (April 9, 2012 (02:12am))

LarryStudios wrote:

Hey guys don't  be too quick to judge. Read Ktproductions121's comment again. What the guy says is that all the noobs are using WMM but he didn't say that everyone who uses WMM is a noob. It's two different things. If you got skills you can make it work with WMM it's been proved by the already mentioned Repelling Spider, I had no idea he was using WMM mini/lol

I've seen your entry Ktproductions121, you shouldn't call people noobs especially when you yourself have so many room to improve on. Besides, watching your videos I couldn't tell the difference whether you're using a "primitive" WMM or SonyVegas.

Agreed

Well, I'm going to put this out there. Windows Movie Maker (WMM) is very different than Windows Live Movie Maker (WLMM). WLMM is what comes pre-loaded on windows computers these days, plain old WMM is simply an older version which isn't good for Brickfilming at all because you can't change the duration of multiple frames at the same time. You have to click and drag each one individually till its the correct duration. With WLMM you simply select all the frames and enter a duration.

As far as Sony Vegas goes, I've seen many people use it and they would have probably benefited from using WLMM instead. I've worked with Final Cut, Premiere, and After Effects. A lot of people seem to use professional editing software as a toy and not as a tool. When I can afford to buy Production Premium (the video edition Adobe suites), I probably will. Until then, WLMM works just great and I can't get distracted with all of the bells and whistles.

I'm considering doing a tutorial on using WLMM to brickfilm and showing my workflow, I'm sure many people could benefit from it.

Last edited by Repelling Spider (April 9, 2012 (06:13am))

When I used WMM, I avoided clicking and dragging each frame by going to the Options menu (Tools>Options) and then adjusting "Picture Duration" under Advanced Options. The lowest it goes is 0.125 seconds per frame, which is 8 fps. Then I'd put all my pictures onto the video track, and select them all. After that, you judy have to add a "Speed Up, Double" effect to them to make the animation run at 16 fps. This is way faster than clicking and dragging each frame individually.

Anyway, back on topic. I don't want to see comedies that don't have a single funny joke in them.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/StudioL30/Random-Pictures/youtube.jpghttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/StudioL30/Random-Pictures/sitelogo.jpg

Repelling Spider wrote:

Well, I'm going to put this out there. Windows Movie Maker (WMM) is very different than Windows Live Movie Maker (WLMM). WLMM is what comes pre-loaded on windows computers these days, plain old WMM is simply an older version which isn't good for Brickfilming at all because you can't change the duration of multiple frames at the same time. You have to click and drag each one individually till its the correct duration. With WLMM you simply select all the frames and enter a duration.

As far as Sony Vegas goes, I've seen many people use it and they would have probably benefited from using WLMM instead. I've worked with Final Cut, Premiere, and After Effects. A lot of people seem to use professional editing software as a toy and not as a tool. When I can afford to buy Production Premium (the video edition Adobe suites), I probably will. Until then, WLMM works just great and I can't get distracted with all of the bells and whistles.

I'm considering doing a tutorial on using WLMM to brickfilm and showing my workflow, I'm sure many people could benefit from it.

Do you click the select all button and then change duration to 0,07/0,04 like me?

Keesret wrote:

Do you click the select all button and then change duration to 0,07/0,04 like me?

Pretty much, but I usually click a frame, hold down shift, and click the last frame. I should probably use the select all button more often. mini/lol

Yeah, it took me long to figure out too, because at first I ctrl clicked all the frames mini/sweat .

Repelling Spider wrote:

A tutorial would be VERY helpful!

Progress on next film: lego Olympics 2012

What i mean is by The older versions of wmm weren't as good because they like not respond every time i edit . But WLMM was good enough i'm not really talking about the new wmm i mean by the old ones they cannot go to 15 fps.But true that it's more expensive for Sony Vegas but some of us have the money and we use our money on other stuff.

Please get back on topic arguing about WMM isn't why I made this thread.
(I to think WMM should not be used)

Last edited by buikes (April 14, 2012 (06:05am))

Grotest and indecent behavior. You know what I mean. But guns and stuff that's cool with me. But not plastacine blood. Meh, it cheapens the atmosphere somewhat.

I'm noticing that the people listing things have stopped numbering them. I'll pick up from where we left off.

19. Some cheapo lip-synching program. People just cut and paste it on like every single frame and whatnot. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … mcvE#t=61s

20. Using clay-do as a muzzle flare.

APOLOGIES TO: NFfilmz & LASF mini/tongue

Last edited by Mickey (April 15, 2012 (12:37pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

I only used clay that one time to make it cartoony. mini/tongue

21. When noobs bump their backgrounds everywhere in between frames.
22. When noobs use copyrighted music and entitle their video "EPIC [song name here] MUSIC VIDEO!!" and it doesn't get taken down for copyright.

Gore.

When people don't use a tripod, when jokes are to dry, or when the sound effects are louder than the voices.

25. When people use paper for muzzle flashes (Kooberz Studios, for example).

KinzCove wrote:

Gore.

Says the guy who makes gory horror brickfilms.

Troodon wrote:
KinzCove wrote:

Gore.

Says the guy who makes gory horror brickfilms.

That's the joke.

26. You get upset when someone pays you with money, because what you really wanted as a payment was a hot new Lego set. That, or lighting gels.

http://tinyurl.com/krwj4ek
http://tinyurl.com/kvxr6umhttp://tinyurl.com/kxofj4mhttp://tinyurl.com/k5fw3syhttp://tinyurl.com/m4rv8tf