Re: EASTER Brickfilming Festival 2012 - [CLOSED]

MindGame wrote:

*psst* You guys are mistaking 2001 for Alien.

Ah, well, I've never seen Alien either! mini/smile

AnW wrote:
MindGame wrote:

*psst* You guys are mistaking 2001 for Alien.

Ah, well, I've never seen Alien either! mini/smile

Go watch it. It's excellent.

Gorilla & Company Films

I haven't animated anything in over 3 months. I am sorry about that, but I have been working on my magnum opus: Ghost Cat: Port of Call New Orleans

youtube  tumblr  sunglasses & scissors

SpaceGorilla wrote:
LegoAdventureFilms wrote:

When will the results be out?

Yeah seriously, we all know who's gonna win anyway. Probably Mindgame and jay.

Yeah...

So it's getting close to having been a month since the contest ended. Any updates by any chance, at least letting us know the results will be coming relatively soon?

Repelling Spider wrote:

So it's getting close to having been a month since the contest ended. Any updates by any chance, at least letting us know the results will be coming relatively soon?

Exactly. Anything going on with this? Just hearing from mcoov would be nice. Its been plenty long enough I should think... mini/confused  I don't want to sound to irritated or anything, but even just a quick "Hey guys, might be a week or two yet" would be nice.

mcoov (First post) wrote:

8.) Your entries will be judged by a panel of the following members:

• Danimation

• Hazzat

• Mcoov (me)

I wonder if asking any of the other judges would help get us the results.
Although strangly enough, they've been just as silent about this as Mcoov himself. (Mcoov has posted and been on lately by the way, so it can't be an internet issue.)

EDIT: There are about forty films, and it does take a while to compare all of them, so it could very well take this long with slow judges. But still.... mini/confused

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (May 1, 2012 (10:53am))

Pritchard Studios wrote:
mcoov (First post) wrote:

8.) Your entries will be judged by a panel of the following members:

• Danimation

• Hazzat

• Mcoov (me)

I wonder if asking any of the other judges would help get us the results.
Although strangly enough, they've been just as silent about this as Mcoov himself. (Mcoov has posted and been on lately by the way, so it can't be an internet issue.)

EDIT: There are about forty films, and it does take a while to compare all of them, so it could very well take this long with slow judges. But still.... mini/confused

Well, to me, this whole situation kinda sounds like after a birthday, you have to write all those thank-you cards, and you just end up putting it off for a while, and once people start yapping at you about it, you just do it all in one sitting. That might be the judges' situation, haha.

Gorilla & Company Films

I haven't animated anything in over 3 months. I am sorry about that, but I have been working on my magnum opus: Ghost Cat: Port of Call New Orleans

RESULTS UPDATE:

Don't worry guys, I haven't forgot about this thing. However, I haven't forgot about the rest of my life either, so it's been a bit of a hassle to even consider judging right now. The site being down screwed up my system, so I've got people's entries stored in several different places (this partially explains why the other two judges haven't really heard from me at all); my hard drive crashed on April 1st, so I've been trying to rebuild my system (t'would also explain my current signature); I've had four major projects due and several tests, including two unit tests for Algebra II in between when the contest started, and today; I was sick with a cold for my entire April vacation, the very week I planned to get most of this done; MCAS testing, a statewide standardized test, begins on May 15th; and I have a clarinet recital coming up in June, so I've had to really knuckle down on practicing. Combine this all with the daily task of homework, and it's been busy. I realize I've been seen posting here, but those are really just quick little check ups (get in, check, and GTFO).

TL;DR: It's been a busy month and I haven't had much time to push the judging any further. However, this month is a little more sane (only one really important thing), and I'll make time to get this thing finally wrapped up. Expect something by the end of the month. Sorry for the silence.

No problem with that on my part. Thanks for the update though. I was just worried that this had been dropped. I fully realize real life is more important, and since I now know what is going on, I am fine with everything (just as long this gets wrapped up sometime ... mini/smile ).

Yeah, I really appreciate the update. mcoov, I'm actually in a very similar situation right now. I've got all this crap to do before I graduate, and a film deadline right around the corner.

Gorilla & Company Films

No problemo! I understand completely about school and all of the work. It's just nice to hear an update, so thank you so much! mini/smile Don't rush it, we'll be waiting. mini/smile

I'm so excited for the results! mini/bigsmile
Thanks for the update, mcoov.

I'm new to bricks in motion. In the festivals do you have a amount of time to make a video.

987654321 wrote:

I'm new to bricks in motion. In the festivals do you have a amount of time to make a video.

It depends on the contest/festival you are entering. With this EASTER contest we had from the day the thread was posted until the deadline, which was Easter Sunday. Welcome to Bricks in Motion! mini/smile

987654321 wrote:

Welcome to BiM! Be sure to read the BiM guide in the 'General Film Discussion' sub forum! Also back on topic, I'm quite intrigued to see who won.

So… um… hi guys. Remember this contest? Haha, that was a long time ago that I entered this.

Gorilla & Company Films

Mcoov said to look towards the end of May.

Alright, I understand that mcoov is busy and all, I really do. But honestly, a nearly two-month judging period for a contest that ran for less than three weeks and produced only 20 second films is hardly justifiable, especially for a prize as simple as two minifigures and a small set.

The natives are getting restless

Be sure to follow me on:
FaceBook
YouTube
Twitter

ShutterBroke wrote:

The natives are getting restless

Or maybe he's been abducted by an alien...
Btw it has been a little while, could you post an update Mcoov? mini/eh