Re: EASTER Brickfilming Festival 2012 - [CLOSED]

The thread was dead for eleven days, so bumping it with a question is fine. It's only really problematic when people keep bringing it up repeatedly with very little time in between.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Patience is a virtue, although on the other hand so is speediness. mini/eh

I too am wondering why we have heard nothing for so long, but posting here really won't do any good.
But a complete list of all the enties in here would be nice.

This is NOT an official list, but here are all the entries that I could find.

Easter 2012

Be sure to follow me on:
FaceBook
YouTube
Twitter

Yeah, I was kind of wondering what is happening with this. I hope they actually get the results and prizes out.

ShutterBroke wrote:
Pritchard Studios wrote:

I too am wondering why we have heard nothing for so long, but posting here really won't do any good.

Easter 2012

You missed mine

Chiro wrote:

You missed mine

Added

FuntasticFilms wrote:

Mine is not the list either. But let's not turn this into a "I'm not on the list" thread.

Added for the sake of accuracy.

Sorry about that. If I've misses anyone else, please feel free to message me on youtube or here.

Last edited by ShutterBroke (April 24, 2012 (05:43pm))

Be sure to follow me on:
FaceBook
YouTube
Twitter

Chiro wrote:
ShutterBroke wrote:
Pritchard Studios wrote:

Easter 2012

You missed mine

Mine is not the list either. But let's not turn this into a "I'm not on the list" thread.

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

FuntasticFilms wrote:
Chiro wrote:
ShutterBroke wrote:

Easter 2012

You missed mine

I know I was just informing him.

I don't want to sound mean, but it is taking a rather long time for him to decide.

Explosionz Are wunderfell.

Sorry to nag ShutterBroke, but mine isn't there either.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/1z3baep.jpg
And the funny thing is, I don't even like donuts that much!
Youtube Channel

TheCorruptedDonut wrote:

Sorry to nag ShutterBroke, but mine isn't there either.

Added, sorry I missed it.

Be sure to follow me on:
FaceBook
YouTube
Twitter

When will the results be out?

LegoAdventureFilms wrote:

When will the results be out?

Yeah seriously, we all know who's gonna win anyway. Probably Mindgame and jay.

Gorilla & Company Films

I haven't animated anything in over 3 months. I am sorry about that, but I have been working on my magnum opus: Ghost Cat: Port of Call New Orleans

youtube  tumblr  sunglasses & scissors

MindGame or jay will most likely win. I'm guessing jay will win 1st.

Personally, I thought mine wasn't that bad. And if I liked it, then I'M THE REAL WINNER RIGHT?

Gorilla & Company Films

I haven't animated anything in over 3 months. I am sorry about that, but I have been working on my magnum opus: Ghost Cat: Port of Call New Orleans

youtube  tumblr  sunglasses & scissors

Hey, hey. Let's let the judges do their thang.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

I really see no reason why MindGame would even place in the top three (top five, probably), his entry wasn't spectacular on any level. Animation was good, sure, but not complicated or anything. His concept was fine, but again, not that great. Yeah, overall, his entry (while definitely good) isn't better than some others I saw (*cough* Repelling Spider's is way better *cough*).
Jay's was awesome, yes. Really the only thing wrong with it to me is that it doesn't really have anything to do with Easter. I mean, eating chocolate eggs is a rather small tie to Easter in my opinion.
I'm not a judge though...

AnW wrote:

Really the only thing wrong with Jay's entry, to me is that it doesn't really have anything to do with Easter. I mean, eating chocolate eggs is a rather small tie to Easter in my opinion.
I'm not a judge though...

COME ON! IT'S LIKE EASTER EGGS AND 2001 ROLLED UP IN ONE! WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:

COME ON! IT'S LIKE EASTER EGGS AND 2001 ROLLED UP IN ONE! WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR.

Hmmm... I've never seen 2001, so I guess I missed that tie in. His entry is still great, it's just that it isn't relevant to Easter as much as some others, which is a fairly minor thing. I wouldn't mind if he won.

Anyway, on topic. I sure hope mcoov and the others finish judging and release the results soon. Seems like they have had plenty of time.

AnW wrote:
Mickey wrote:

Hmmm... I've never seen 2001, so I guess I missed that tie in...

*psst* You guys are mistaking 2001 for Alien.

Also, I would think it's more important to judge films based on the execution of their concepts rather than their complete relevancy to the holiday itself.

MindGame wrote:
AnW wrote:
Mickey wrote:

Hmmm... I've never seen 2001, so I guess I missed that tie in...

*psst* You guys are mistaking 2001 for Alien.

Also, I would think it's more important to judge films based on the execution of their concepts rather than their complete relevancy to the holiday itself.

I agree mostly, but if there is an exceptional animation that is hardly tied with the theme whatsoever then I would hope it would lose some points for it's lack of adhering to the theme. After all, this is the Easter Brickfilming Festival, so the content is very relevant IMO. I'm not saying that Jay's entry isn't Easter related or that it should be docked points.

Also, thanks for clearing the movie reference up... I was very confused as to how that had anything to do with 2001.