Re: Batman First Encounter.

Outsider wrote:

This does not look good at all. Regardless of what Pritchard said about that clip it will just be another Batman movie no one will remember. I think you got frustrated because you knew you had nothing original to film. think about it.

I've never seen you do any better, Outsider. I don't get why you repetitively target Antonio and try to make him feel bad about his films. Know how good of a script writter Antonio is, I'm pretty sure this film will be pretty awesome!

LASF wrote:

I don't get why you repetitively target Antonio and try to make him feel bad about his films.

I've been observing what Outsider has been doing recently, and it sounds like another case of ANS.

In Cafe Corner, back in February, I wrote:

Angry Noob Syndrome (ANS for short).
Known cases: cooldynamiteproductions, brickfilm newbie, legomanfilm78
Description: A noob watches some of a great brickfilmer's films and wants to be just as good or even better than him. But the noob has no idea how to do it. He tries, he fails, he gets frustrated. He also get jealous and green with envy. This amounts to anger, which is expressed towards others' films. The films the noob chooses to bash are films of bad or skeptical quality. In most cases, the bashed films have the same or better quality than the basher's films. Such bashing on this site has resulted in the noob getting banned.
Cure: A more experienced brickfilmer shows the noob the tricks of the trade, since the noob doesn't have enough initiative to find those things out himself.
Alternate Version: Instead of the anger expressed at others' films, the noob gets defensive about his own films (I forget the name of the member who was had a case of this).

Now I can add Outsider to the Known Cases list.

(cooldynamiteproductions is now Troodon, if anyone didn't know.)

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

minifig051 wrote:
LASF wrote:

I don't get why you repetitively target Antonio and try to make him feel bad about his films.

I've been observing what Outsider has been doing recently, and it sounds like another case of ANS.

Description: A noob watches some of a great brickfilmer's films and wants to be just as good or even better than him. But the noob has no idea how to do it. He tries, he fails, he gets frustrated. He also get jealous and green with envy. This amounts to anger, which is expressed towards others' films. The films the noob chooses to bash are films of bad or skeptical quality. In most cases, the bashed films have the same or better quality than the basher's films. Such bashing on this site has resulted in the noob getting banned.
Cure: A more experienced brickfilmer shows the noob the tricks of the trade, since the noob doesn't have enough initiative to find those things out himself.
Alternate Version: Instead of the anger expressed at others' films, the noob gets defensive about his own films (I forget the name of the member who was had a case of this).

Wow this post is hilarious. Respect bro! mini/lol

Wow, I hardly remember the time when Troodon was a n00b. But, minifig051, you shouldn't be mean to people like that. I know Outsider is being childish, but still. mini/blankexpression

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

minifig051 wrote:
LASF wrote:

The person that got defensive about his films is me. See, back when I joined, people were criticizing my work. They were trying to be helpful, but I just got angry and backlashed them. I believe that got me banned for two weeks.
Also, just wondering, but what is Cafe Corner? Because every time I go to a link that leads to it, I get an error message.

Cafe Corner is the thread where they write random stuff, you can't access it because it's in the community forum which is kinda VIP. Sorry, but they haven't let me in either (I don't care anymore, I just wanted the Art thread mini/smile )

Mickey wrote:

But, minifig051, you shouldn't be mean to people like that. I know Outsider is being childish, but still. mini/blankexpression

I didn't intend for it to come across as mean. I was just quoting a post of mine, so it wasn't mean to be directed at one person specifically. Sorry if it across the wrong way.
(What part of it do you think is mean, just wondering?)

Troodon wrote:

The person that got defensive about his films is me. See, back when I joined, people were criticizing my work. They were trying to be helpful, but I just got angry and backlashed them. I believe that got me banned for two weeks.

No, I was thinking of someone else. I think it was that guy who made that series of brickfilms that included ANP's Sir Squid character. He got defensive on me once.
EDIT: Found him after a search: his username is LastResortHumor.

I seem to remember that two-week ban was for posts on other people's films (I never saw the posts; they were mod-edited before I got to read them). I could be wrong, you know.

Last edited by minifig051 (October 19, 2012 (04:44pm))

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

I feel sorry for Antonio Ferrara, his poor thread has gotten sadly off-topic. mini/blankexpression

Remember fellas, don't feed the trolls, and don't keep their legacy alive.
Just ignore it, and then go on with your life. [/bigbadmodlikevoice]

No worries Pritchard, so sad how one person can cause such a mess. But it is good to see what class of people are on here and will stand up for you. Top notch. I really think Outsider has gotten more bitter when I turned him down when he asked to voice on Among Us. You know (And this is meant as a compliment and i hope no one reads it different) I don't have the time or the energy to put into a video as many of the people on here have. I do the best with the time I have and hope people like what I produce. I really classify more as storyteller to be honest and brickfilming is my way of telling my stories. People like Outisder don't discourage me at all. I laugh at them because they have nothing going for themselves and feel better when they dump on others. Thanks again bu and to everyone else who have supported me. More to come from me, stay tuned.

Antonio Ferrara wrote:

No worries Pritchard, so sad how one person can cause such a mess. But it is good to see what class of people are on here and will stand up for you. Top notch. I really think Outsider has gotten more bitter when I turned him down when he asked to voice on Among Us. You know (And this is meant as a compliment and i hope no one reads it different) I don't have the time or the energy to put into a video as many of the people on here have. I do the best with the time I have and hope people like what I produce. I really classify more as storyteller to be honest and brickfilming is my way of telling my stories. People like Outisder don't discourage me at all. I laugh at them because they have nothing going for themselves and feel better when they dump on others. Thanks again bu and to everyone else who have supported me. More to come from me, stay tuned.

So basically what you are saying is your best is not good enough. Now I understand. And FYI a good story cannot carry a movie with poor animating. But thanks for the heartfelt as you can see myself or anyone else really cares.

never mind.

Last edited by Legocloniac477 (October 25, 2012 (12:27pm))

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

Outsider wrote:
Antonio Ferrara wrote:

So basically what you are saying is your best is not good enough. Now I understand. And FYI a good story cannot carry a movie with poor animating. But thanks for the heartfelt as you can see myself or anyone else really cares.

You are just so consistently wrong.

Jargon wrote:

You are just so consistently wrong.

Don't feed the trolls, Jargon. Don't feed the trolls.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Well, haters gonna hate, and potatoes gonna potate. Sadly for Outsider, He happens to be both.

Anyways, This does look pretty good and alot of people are interested. Tell me, how did you make that poster though?

~Hal

I don't feed trolls, I temporarily ban them. mini/sunnies

WATCH OUT...Jargon has his "cool" glasses on mini/sunnies
Me: mini/lol

I'd like to make a post about the topic...sadly, I can't even remember what it's about after scrolling to the top of the page mini/sad    Oh yeah, how much have you gotten done so far?  I would like to see a frame from some of those night shots you were talking about...but don't let updates get in the way of your filming!

Few days ago Antonio told me he finished two scenes (animating+editing) I hope he won't be mad at me for "leaking" the info mini/smile

JonnDthunDer wrote:

WATCH OUT...Jargon has his "cool" glasses on mini/sunnies
Me: mini/lol

I'd like to make a post about the topic...sadly, I can't even remember what it's about after scrolling to the top of the page mini/sad    Oh yeah, how much have you gotten done so far?  I would like to see a frame from some of those night shots you were talking about...but don't let updates get in the way of your filming!

What Larry said LOL. I have finished filming and editing scenes 1 and 2. Now beginning to build sets for scene 3.
I have posted a night clip from scene 1 on here in the frame from your upcoming film. It is on page 118.
LOL no worries always time to update.
Stay tuned.

co0lwill wrote:

Well, haters gonna hate, and potatoes gonna potate. Sadly for Outsider, He happens to be both.

Anyways, This does look pretty good and alot of people are interested. Tell me, how did you make that poster though?

Hey co0lwill if you are referring to the poster for this film, it was done by my friend who does all my art design for me.
Glad you liked it.
Stay tuned.

I of the two sets is built for scene 3.
The Batcave was already built it was the work behind the batcave that took time.
Next set will be a treat.

These are not frames just shots.

http://i50.tinypic.com/169qcg9.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/351fjbb.jpg