Topic: Slice Of Hand

Directory Link

Slice Of Hand

Free Rein

When a Palm Reader realises her hands behold a cheap lonely death she decides to rectify the situation.

This is my best so far, I don't actually go for all the special effects that some of the films have here (Not against it - just learning) I'm more for the story rather than the effects at this stage mini/bigsmile

Last edited by FreeRein (November 12, 2011 (08:40am))

Re: Slice Of Hand

Tough Crowd haha
I know you guys use alot of software to do your stuff but you neglect lip-sync which is what I'm aiming at first and foremost.
I will get cleaner with my animation but I feel that you guys are lazy with lip-sync (no offense) but I feel it should be.
If you're using great software why be lazy with lip-sync?
Everyone has their own style but it seems that this is becoming more about tech than the realistic. Don't get me wrong but when people talk their mouths move....
I just find it hard to understand how this is a neglected style and almost seems frowned upon....

Last edited by FreeRein (November 12, 2011 (09:05am))

First of all, welcome to BiM.

Your threads remain quite silent, don't know the particular reason.

If you looking for criticism:
1) there wasn't a lot stop motion animation in this, so hard to judge you on that.
2) Voice acting was sometimes less than convincing.
3) background music does miracles for making film more interesting to watch.
4) It's really ambitious to use mouth animations. Some of your are really nice, some aren't.

If you want to improve, try some basic 'exercises' like walk cycles and easy-in, easy-out.
Also the animation challenges are really fun to enter and you can learn a lot from looking at the entries.

BTW, don't judge this community for not using mouth animation. BiM is "Bricks in Motion" which says it all: focussed around moving lego stuff.

Last edited by boardron (November 12, 2011 (09:20am))

http://www.windlovers.nl/downloads/OBD/OBD_Banner.png

I thought it was pretty well done. It was enjoyable, and I liked the lip synching for some reason- you made it look like they were talking with keeping the LEGO-y mouths. Good work on that.

The animation was alright- there wasn't much of it though so I'm not sure how to critique it. For what you did have though it was good.

The sets were very good- good work with those.

I'd give it a 3/5. Good work, hope to see more from you.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

boardron wrote:

First of all, welcome to BiM.

Your threads remain quite silent, don't know the particular reason.

If you looking for criticism:
1) there wasn't a lot stop motion animation in this, so hard to judge you on that.
2) Voice acting was sometimes less than convincing.
3) background music does miracles for making film more interesting to watch.
4) It's really ambitious to use mouth animations. Some of your are really nice, some aren't.

If you want to improve, try some basic 'exercises' like walk cycles and easy-in, easy-out.
Also the animation challenges are really fun to enter and you can learn a lot from looking at the entries.

BTW, don't judge this community for not using mouth animation. BiM is "Bricks in Motion" which says it all: focussed around moving lego stuff.

Thank-you! I take the 1st four points on board. Walk cycles are fine but really not relevant to this film, it's sposed to be quick. If I added walk cycles it would've been too long and the humour would've been lost IMO.

I did use easy-in/out with the axe it's not perfect though but it is my first attempt. Gotta say it's good to see someone quote the animation principles though (thanks to Disneys 9 old men mini/smile)
I wasn't trying to be critical, just curious but animation with Lego is animation Motion or not....Thanks

@Just Kidden - Thanks. (I suscbribed)

Last edited by FreeRein (November 22, 2011 (05:43am))