Re: The Festival of Souls 2 [CLOSED]

Peanut wrote:

Urk, another horror brickfilming contest? I'm sorry, but I can't take a horror film seriously if the actors are smiley yellow Lego people.  Why can't we just have a Halloween themed contest instead of a Halloween horror contest? I honestly dislike it when people attempt to scare of even entertain the viewer if the film has a serious tone with LEGO FIGURES. (there are SOME exceptions, like what Smeagol or Nick Durron make)

Uhm....I don't think you understand the meaning of Halloween. You're supposed to dress up as a scary figure and go around the town to get candy. I agree with you that it's pretty hard to make a scary film 'if the actors are smiley yellow Lego people', (still laughing about that expression by the way mini/lol ) but that doesn't mean it's impossible - for an example; Piano by Emma - it was very nicely built, animated and voice acted, but mainly, made. The feeling of getting into the main character and see the scary feelings, all happenning in dark, with "smiley yellow Lego people'. So, I don't think that it's not very impossible - it's just basically hard to make, but then you've got a perfect film out of it. So it's very worth trying! mini/wink  Sorry to sound so "professional" by the way mini/tongue

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Definitely entering this one. I already got an idea! I just have to push it around in my mind to hash out the details during breaks at school. mini/tongue This is definitely going to be one of my most GIMP demanding movies so far! And I might have to order a werewolf on bricklink, but I'm not going to enter the supernatural probably...going for suspense.

http://www.usa.canon.com/assets/app/images/callouts/cameras/callout_hdvideo_091511.jpg    http://www.usa.canon.com/assets/app/images/callouts/cameras/cdlc_148_rt.jpg

I decided i'm not entering.

KinzCove wrote:

I decided i'm not entering.

Oh come on, Kinz! That's just because you had a fight with Onion!

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png

Like BRAWL, I feel like there'd be biased judging, especially since Onion doesn't like me, and wants Vik kicked off the panel because they don't see eye to eye on things.

Last edited by KinzCove (August 29, 2011 (02:46pm))

I had a fight with Onion (if you want to call it that) but I will still enter. I'm not sure if Onion will give me downvotes as revenge.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RealBrick/Sigs/base.pnghttp://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RealBrick/Sigs/youtube2.pnghttp://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RealBrick/Sigs/youtube.png
Sig made by RealBrick mini/bigsmile.

Well, so you disagree with him on some things - but that doesn't mean you can't enter and you can't win! Plus the other judges are pretty mature and if Onion wouldn't like your entry just because he had a fight with you (which i don't think will happen) then the other judges would definitely tell him not to do that. You can still make a pretty bad ass entry, Kinz! mini/wink

YouTube | Twitter 

KinzCove wrote:

Like BRAWL, I feel like there'd be biased judging, especially since Onion doesn't like me, and wants Vik kicked off the panel because they don't see eye to eye on thinks.

This is yet another case of me being misquoted. It's not that I don't like you, but I have no choice to defend myself when you jump on me for things that didn't happen. I said, and I 'quote' "I think I should rethink my judging panel", not, "I'm rethinking the judging panel"... Vik is still a member of the judging panel, as is everyone else I originally named. He's seen a lot of horror so I'm sure he'll be a very good and unbiased judge.

Also, you accused me of 'editing everyone's posts all the time', when the only time I did was this morning, for fun. It's unfortunate that you didn't realise that, but I'd prefer if you would clear things up rather then assume and go on that.

EDIT:

Legostudiosplus wrote:

I had a fight with Onion (if you want to call it that) but I will still enter. I'm not sure if Onion will give me downvotes as revenge

I will vote fairly. If the film is good, then I shall rate it high, if it's mediocre, I'll give it an okay score, etc. I'm doing this professionally, so petty this won't come into this. So no worries.

Last edited by Onion (August 29, 2011 (02:51pm))

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

I'm so entering!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Entering this.

Hello
Youtube Channel ] for occasional animations.

Onion wrote:
KinzCove wrote:

Like BRAWL, I feel like there'd be biased judging, especially since Onion doesn't like me, and wants Vik kicked off the panel because they don't see eye to eye on thinks.

This is yet another case of me being misquoted. It's not that I don't like you, but I have no choice to defend myself when you jump on me for things that didn't happen. I said, and I 'quote' "I think I should rethink my judging panel", not, "I'm rethinking the judging panel"... Vik is still a member of the judging panel, as is everyone else I originally named. He's seen a lot of horror so I'm sure he'll be a very good and unbiased judge.

Also, you accused me of 'editing everyone's posts all the time', when the only time I did was this morning, for fun. It's unfortunate that you didn't realise that, but I'd prefer if you would clear things up rather then assume and go on that.

EDIT:

Legostudiosplus wrote:

I had a fight with Onion (if you want to call it that) but I will still enter. I'm not sure if Onion will give me downvotes as revenge

I will vote fairly. If the film is good, then I shall rate it high, if it's mediocre, I'll give it an okay score, etc. I'm doing this professionally, so petty this won't come into this. So no worries.

Misquoted? I'd say the worst thing than doing something, is going ahead and denying it. I could go ask Vik, Lucas, DWStorm, and multiple others if it's true what you were doing on skype, and they would say yes. And yes you did it this morning, but also yesterday, the day before, etc. Also "It's unfortunate that you didn't REALIZE that."? No, it's not unfortunate, since you did it, refuse to admit it, and now are being immature. So we can stop this thread argument, since it's quite obvious, if you don't agree with someone, you attack them.

Sorry for the thread argument guys.

I could go ask Vik, Lucas, DWStorm, and multiple others if it's true what you were doing on skype, and they would say yes.

Please do.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

This looks to be a very interesting competition!  I'll consider entering.

Alien was a horror film. mini/eh

Entrrrrrrrrring

Why are you looking at my signature?
Mod edit: Your signature started it.
... Oh yeah.

Everyone should stop arguing, brickfilming is just meant to be fun sure its good when theres prizes involved but theres no point on arguing over how the judging will bee carried out.

That aside the contest looks good! mini/smile

Man, the power goes out for a couple days, and you start a contest without me? Just kidding. I'm definentally entering. And I believe that I have an idea, too.

can I enter a crime-mystery with some supernatural-ish stuff going on?

"I imagine Brickfilming as an endless sea, the ideas float. If they are forgotten, they sink to the deepest part of the sea"
- Troodon
"I'm so used to live action I hadn't thought about the idea of feeding directly to a computer haha"
- Philip 'I own the largest Stop Motion Website' Hienrich

@GluglusStudios If it is horror, you can! mini/wink

-FBS

I need a new name! HELP

GluglusStudios wrote:

can I enter a crime-mystery with some supernatural-ish stuff going on?

If it's a HORROR-crime-mystery with some supernatural-ish stuff going on, then, yes, you can.