Topic: Animation Camera Movement Test

Here's a new test for you guys.
Brickshelf

Just something I thought I'd share. I'm getting better at Key Frames!
Tell me what you think. mini/smile

Re: Animation Camera Movement Test

Yay awesome, love your style. Pity the quality got a little grainy due to the zoom and stuff, but its not such a big deal.

- Robinsonz

Slip slidin' down that icy road...

Ignoring that it was pretty obvious the movements where digital, it looked good. The end bump was great though.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

Super smooth animation and nice pans, but I would advise getting rid of the grain.

-Daragh

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/daragh2me/Avatarsposters/allworkandnoplay2.png

What software do you use?

Wrong place to ask him this thatlegoguy, but he uses Final Cut for Macs, I believe.  Anyways, I do hope that your Powershot fixes all your grain issues because that is the only thing that kills me in your films.  Like VN said, some of the movements were pretty obviously digital, but the camera bump was definitely first class.

I thought that it was very well done. The bump was great! What camera did you use?

Would a camcorder cause the interlace artifacts that are visible in a few places in this shot?  But I've also seen Premiere introduce those.  I use a deinterlace filter in VirtualDub to fix that.

I like the multi-toned brown wall and the animation was good and amusing.

The zooms and pans were too smooth to look like real camera moves, but also started and stopped too abruptly to look like real camera moves.  (I did think the bump at the fall was effective.) 

To better imitate real-looking camera movement, ease in and out of the camera moves just like a real camera crew would push and pull a real camera on a track.  Unfortunately, that means more work during editing, turning each camera move into a series of, probably at minimum, 5 separate digital camera moves:

1. camera just starting to move (very slow)
2. camera picking up speed (speed between 1 & 3)
3. camera moving at full-speed (however fast you decide that should be)
4. camera starting to slow down (speed between 3 & 5)
5. camera almost stopped, barely still moving (very slow)
6. camera at rest.

Maybe some video editors allow for more complex pans and moves than just linear moves like mine has.  That would greatly simplify this.

Unless you're trying to do a "Bourne Identity" super-shaky camera thing, I'd recommend subtle and slow pans and zooms.  Anything too fast looks ameteurish and makes it obvious that it's a digital move and not a real camera move.