Topic: [POSTPONED] City of Darkness- a Batman film

I've pitched an idea for a Batman film entitled "City of Darkness". I don't necessarily want to make it big, but put in more story and character as the film prolongs. It will take a long, long time to complete, though. It will be set to a The Dark Knight-ish tone and is n00b-free. I will be posting updates here as well.

Plot:
Floyd Lawton is a renowned millionaire and entrepreneur. One day, he witnessed with his own eyes the killing of his own brother by an unknown serial killer whom which held the Lawton brothers in captivity. On the day of trial, Floyd murders the serial killer in front of the judge. He is sentenced to a month behind bars.

Meanwhile,  Batman is having his own problems. He must face Hugo Strange, a mad scientist who creates a deadly virus. His intents of using the virus is yet to be discovered. Strange goes on a rampage in a small town not far away from Gotham. The virus kills all in the town except for Batman and Strange. Strange flees just in time and Batman is charged for the mess and might face a death sentence.

A month passes and Floyd Lawton is let out of jail. Bent on revenge, he becomes the mercenary killer Deadshot. He teams up with Hugo Strange to do justice with the Gotham Police, but the plan beyond it is more than meets the eye. Batman must face the mental and physical challenges to overcome them and clear his name.

Last edited by Thunderbolt (July 22, 2013 (08:07am))

Back In Black!

Re: [POSTPONED] City of Darkness- a Batman film

Great idea! I like it how most lego batman brickfilms draw upon the common knowledge of the viewer about batman, but your series will place him in a new situation to react to. Name sounds killer, I wish you best of luck!

Hmmm to me it might seem a tad unoriginal but if you added a little more to the story it might be a lot better. My suggestion would be a new villain. But overall it's a good idea. Kinda reminds me of Under the Red Hood.

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

You're going to have to come up with a pretty good reason for Batman's absence, or it won't make any sense.

@Jargon: Yeah, I'm working it out.
@Eddie: I might. Or Batman will deal with multiple villains.
@jackabascal: Thanks!

EDIT: I have decided that City of Darkness should be a full film than a series. So now City of Darkness is officially a film project!

Last edited by Thunderbolt (July 9, 2011 (07:32am))

Back In Black!

He he he
Lots of people making Bat-Films lately. xD
You, Alfa, and I. haha
We should have a Bat-Contest! mini/bigsmile
jk
But I like the idea of Batman being gone. mini/smile You just need a good reason for it.
I had an idea for a Bat-Story like that a few months ago. Near the beginning, Joker kills Batman and you get to be shown what it's like without Batman in place.
Problem is, I couldn't find a way to have that work in a way where I was happy with it. mini/tongue
I thought to maybe have a new Batman come up and learn his skills... but it just never seemed always right.

Anyway, good luck with this. mini/smile

And I hope you do well to employ a more serious style. Unlike some people who make awful Batman movies who's names I shan't mention now.

BAT-MOVIES FOR THE WIN!!!!! >:D

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:

And I hope you do well to employ a more serious style. Unlike some people who make awful Batman movies who's names I shan't mention now.

As I said on the first post:

It will be set to a The Dark Knight-ish tone and is n00b-free.

Back In Black!

Also, don't make Batman to high-tech either. That's right, that means no bat-gun. Just try to be minimal on the gadgets and more focused on the story. That doesn't mean you can't let the bad guys have a little fun with guns though. mini/wink

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

EddieHasscle wrote:

Also, don't make Batman to high-tech either. That's right, that means no bat-gun. Just try to be minimal on the gadgets and more focused on the story. That doesn't mean you can't let the bad guys have a little fun with guns though. mini/wink

I'll keep that in mind. mini/smile

Back In Black!

reason for batmans absence...
His back was broken by Bane, bane has left gotham and it has been over run by villains and crime, now that he's better(but still not in perfect health) Batman sets out to be batman again, he pretty much has to retrain himself because of his time away.
just an Idea anyway

I already have a reason why Batman disappeared. Read the plot on post 1.

Back In Black!

yea, something else should have aided to it, like lets say Twoface blew half of Gotham up and Batman was wrongly tried and convicted so the police have a shoot on sight policy with regard to Batman now

Nah, I'll just stick to what it is already. I don't want to make it complicated. After all, it's just a brickfilm, not a feature film. Just a simple, interesting and enjoyable film is what I want.

Back In Black!

I actually like Alfa's idea better.
If Batman were banished from Gotham, he wouldn't leave. He would just stay. He's not the kind of guy to leave just because some people tell him to. xD

Jason Todd burns all of Bruce Wayne's father's valuables for abandoning him a few years ago. Batman sets out to find him in search for revenge. He doesn't return to Gotham and is perceived dead.

Last edited by Thunderbolt (July 15, 2011 (07:26am))

Back In Black!

^yea thats good... I like it
its nice and simple and wont take up to much screen time with backstory

Sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Nice to see that this project's getting good response. mini/smile I hope to finish production of this film in December or January 2012 hopefully.

Back In Black!

I got a question. I'm having a hard time determining the way Gotham would look if it was it was run down. I keep visualizing a war-torn city, which is (obviously) not what I want. Suggestions?

Back In Black!

Well, you did say Gotham would be in a state of anarchy, so I don't think viewers would mind if it looked war-torn. It would make the film feel gritty to.

bricksinmotion member of the year