Re: [POSTPONED] City of Darkness- a Batman film

Very cool. I too would look into doing voices for the film. How's the script coming along?

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

Quite nice, indeed. mini/smile I've scripted about seven pages of pure awesomeness. mini/delirium

Back In Black!

I decided to re-write the scenes in Italy from scratch. The previous one wasn't right for me. mini/sad Firstly, it took place in a poor village in Campobasso and Bruce had lived there 'in hiding'. But the thing is, Bruce, being a billionaire, is (of course) known around the world. So even the villagers would know who he is unless they're from like the North Pole. Also, it's gonna take up a lot of running time.

So the new Italy scenes will be in a city where Bruce dubs himself as 'having a six-year holiday' but in reality is searching for Todd. He gives up and returns to Gotham and the story starts there.

You likey?

Back In Black!

Sorry for the triple post, but I'm almost finishing the script, but when I read it I wasn't that satisfied with it. Sooo, I will rework some parts of the script and probably add a better backstory for Jason Todd.

Back In Black!

Have you any character photos and such yet? mini/smile

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:

Have you any character photos and such yet? mini/smile

Not yet. But I'm in the midst of designing the Bat-pod. mini/smile

Back In Black!

BUMP.

Sorry for the bump, but I got some news. I have started working on the second draft and going along nicely. After thinking for a long time, I've realized that the original plot is not so strong and a little bit too hard to explain on screen. So I changed majority of the plot, but still remained the six years emphasis in and villains are changed, only Jason Todd remains to get a sort of 'revenge' theme. So the new line of villains are:

Spoiler (click to read)

The Joker, Jason Todd and Deadshot

I'll update the first post after this.

I'll edit the first post with the new plot after this.

EDIT: Updated the plot!

Last edited by Thunderbolt (September 8, 2011 (10:56pm))

Back In Black!

Yay! Mr. J!

What minifigure are you using for him?

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:

Yay! Mr. J!

What minifigure are you using for him?

I don't know yet. mini/tongue But I'll make my decision once I complete the script, along with some other stuff.

Back In Black!

This sounds really cool! As long as it's not like the sad YouTubers making crappy Batman vids to try get popular like ForrestFire, the finished product would be interested to watch.

Also if you need another scriptwriter, I could help. (Returning the favour!)

-Rob

Hello BiM! Not making a comeback but may surf the forums time to time

- www.spankthatdalek.tumblr.com -

RobBrick wrote:

This sounds really cool! As long as it's not like the sad YouTubers making crappy Batman vids to try get popular like ForrestFire, the finished product would be interested to watch.

Also if you need another scriptwriter, I could help. (Returning the favour!)

-Rob

Thanks for your kindness, but I don't need another scriptwriter. mini/smile I want to keep the story as secret as possible until it's release. Only the voice actors (once casted of course) will be given permission to read it once it's finished. Also, my animation is already quite smooth, I just need some touch-ups and it'll be good enough, and I'll try to get a better camera for this film.

Back In Black!

This souds AWESOME! Batman is a really awesome Lego Series! I think this brickfilm will be really cool!

"War does not determine who is right, only who is left." -Bertrand Russel
Youtube: www.youtube.com/LegoPeoples37 (Subscribe!)

BUMP! Sorry for not updating for so long. I've been particularly busy and my laptop got screwed, which prevented me from making any progress on the script. But since I've got a new one, I'm starting to write another draft. mini/bigsmile And guess what?

I altered the plot again.

This is the third time I've done that. Ideas just come bustling into my head. But I think this plot is the best because it's not a tad complicated, neither is it too simple. (I'll post it later) This one will take place in the Nolan universe but will have a litle non-canon twist to it. And most likely I won't be needing any voice-actors on BiM. Instead, I'll be working with my older relatives (father, uncles, older cousins,  etc.). My uncle's a TV show producer so he's going to revise and assess. I'm also working on concept designing and it's been going good. Cheers!
my script.

Back In Black!

Maybe you could ask your uncle to air this brickfilm once it's done. mini/tongue
This sounds like an exciting brickfilm, and I will keep following. mini/wink

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

Maybe you could ask your uncle to air this brickfilm once it's done. mini/tongue
This sounds like an exciting brickfilm, and I will keep following. mini/wink

Haha. Maybe, maybe not. I don't really want to. But don't expect it to be released so early, it might be released as late as 2013. I want it to be as perfect as it can possibly be. To date I've written 7 and a half drafts with three different plots and different villains and different themes. But hopefully the draft I'm writing now (Draft 8 ) is the final one!

Back In Black!

Alfa Animations wrote:

batman never uses a gun.
other then that, pretty good

hhmm read Final Crisis, he shoots darkside in the chest, and infinity crisis, he almost shoots Alexander Luther but is stop by robin. sorry im a nerd mini/confused

The Ghost of Mrs. Day studios: Home of mediocre brickfilms.

ghostofmrsdaystudios wrote:
Alfa Animations wrote:

batman never uses a gun.

hhmm read Final Crisis, he shoots darkside in the chest, and infinity crisis, he almost shoots Alexander Luther but is stop by robin. sorry im a nerd mini/confused

I'm also a Nerd but Darkside is not the normal thug...

Alfa Animations wrote:
ghostofmrsdaystudios wrote:
Alfa Animations wrote:

batman never uses a gun.

I'm also a Nerd but Darkside is not the normal thug...

true true

any way nerd references a side, this makes me want to write a script for a batfim im working on, any when bats is in Italy you should make their be new vigilantes in gotham (Huntress Azrael or some new hero)

Bump. Big announcement.

Unfortunately, this project will be temporarily postponed. I've decided to venture into smaller projects first, and then only move on to this. On the flip slide, I've made a rough outline for the plot and I'll probably begin writing a first draft in the near future. No promises on it being completed in the next 1-2 years but I'll make sure it eventually gets released in its best form possible.

Last edited by Thunderbolt (July 22, 2013 (03:39am))

Back In Black!