Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - Appreciation Thread

I tried showing my friends Bridle Gossip. It didn't go well. mini/no

Swarm of the Century or The Last Roundup would be my choices. Or Lesson Zero.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

mini/lol  First episode I watched was the canterlot wedding (both parts) and I instantly knew why the show was so loved. mini/smile

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

Hey Ocean! wants to go on tour

I gave a fair bit of money. I really, really want to see it happen.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

They'd better succeed, they need to get over here to Australia. They owe me a drink.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

BREAKING NEWS GUISE: JARGON IS INFATUATED IN A CREEPY WAY WITH TWILIGHT SPARKLE

http://i.imgur.com/7li30.png

Do all of us a favor, don't be a Jargon.

meme
http://i.imgur.com/gMfjgiC.jpg

Gah, typical lamestream media bias.

Regan wrote:

BREAKING NEWS GUISE: JARGON IS INFATUATED IN A CREEPY WAY WITH TWILIGHT SPARKLE

That's not the first time I've seen a brony infatuated with Twilight (though my joke sense is tingling about that post).

There was this crazy Polish brony over on Know Your Meme that went by Aitselom (Molestia spelled backwards). He was transexual, so he wanted to be Twilight (or any other unicorn or alicorn mare; he's also mentioned he wanted to be Rarity or Celestia). Also, he had a fetish for nose wrinkles. He kept posting about all of the aforementioned things in the image gallery (of the KYM MLP entry), until he spammed it up and got banned.
After his ban was lifted, he must've done something, because a short time later he was banned again. When he created more accounts to work around his ban, his original account got deactivated along with any new account he makes. His actions rustle many people's jimmies, espescially this one guy, Crashfalcon.
One of the more recent times he (Aitselom) posted stuff, under the name Blue Mane, we found out that he doesn't have any friends (on or off the 'net). I suppose it's because it's because he's really weird. All of his actions were probably attempts to get attention, I guess he's one of those people who are so starved for attention that he doesn't care if the attention he gets is positive or negative.

Well, personally, I think he (still Aitselom) is... interesting. He certainly is out of the ordinary, and things that are out of the ordinary are interesting. He'd make a good main character for some physcological film.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

I have much appreciation for this picture.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/643903_196113710522566_1326860438_n.png

"Of The Pond Films"

Hehehehe xD

If you mixed both of them together, you'd get Mabel Pines.

Going to Equestria LA tomorrow. I'll post about it with pictures when I can. B-)

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

SEASON 3 IS HERE

Pony is back! mini/delirium

So, I think that was a pretty good start to the season. Besides the songs, and commercials, I avoided most spoilers, but the songs were kinda okay to pre-release. I think that this 2-parter was better than the first, but I don't think it stands up to the awesomeness of the ones from season 2.  I felt that the bad-guy seriously needed some more screen time and some backstory, but I thought the design and such was cool, if only we knew him better, maybe if we're lucky he didn't actually die when he totally exploded. Though, despite the cliche of the villain, the steps taken towards his defeat were more original than usual.
Friendship is magic: Mane 6 defeat villain with the Elements.
Return of Harmony: Mane 6 defeat villain with the Elements.
A Canterlot Wedding: Mane 6 try to defeat villain with the Elements, fail, lovers beat them with power of love.
Crystal Empire: Nothing at all said about elements, Spike saves the day.

I wouldn't have expected that. xD

The song at the end was fantastic, the backgrounds looked lovely, and I think that this episode had one of the greatest bunch of Pinkie Pie moments yet, even greater than the average Pinkie Pie episode.

The whole rest of the season looks like it's gonna be great. I'm hoping for a two-part finale featuring the return of Discord.

Trixie will be back, and by the looks of it I think that she may actually step up to villain status.

Also, by the synopsis of Sleepless in Ponyville, we may finally  get the long awaited Scootaloo episode which I've been wanting for so long.
mini/delirium

My reaction, wow, I lost it for a minute, I was so delighted.
Scooltaloo is best pony

Also,

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mda8bobDwl1rkjhvzo1_500.png

Gak

Same, got really hyped when I saw the Synopsis for the Sleepless in Ponyville

I love me some Scoots.

The premiere was really great! I loved it. The ending was great and I loved that Spike was the hero and Rarity was hilarious and Pinkie Pie was hilarious and Yeah! I loved it a lot. Really looking forward to Too Many Pinkie Pies.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I thought the villain could have been a really interesting one. I really liked what they decided to make him look like, though it definitely needed more depth, he had lot of potential.
Still, I think it was one of the best episodes yet. I liked too that Spike came out as the hero.

I just saw the new episodes.
Like ANP said, a good start for the new season.

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:

...maybe if we're lucky he didn't actually die when he totally exploded.

I think we might see him again.
Remember how he was able to use the part of his horn that broke off remotely? When he explodes, his horn is seen intact, flying across the screen. The dark magic in the horn might be able to regenerate him, or at least corrupt another pony.
So yeah, the lack of backstory in the episodes and the fact that his horn survived the explosion makes me think that he'll be brought up again (complete with the reappearance of his horn and a backstory).

Just Kidden wrote:

Really looking forward to Too Many Pinkie Pies.

Same here! Gotta love them duplication episodes.
Now my two favorite shows will have duplication episodes (the other is Gravity Falls; Double Dipper).

Gak

Heh heh, yeah. That meme came up as fast as Rainbow Dash.
I've already changed the blob aliens in a few Bricks episodes I have planned to living Gak (lab accident instead of aliens).

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Gah, I'm gonna have to finish season 1. mini/dizzy

"Of The Pond Films"

minifig051 wrote:

...maybe if we're lucky he didn't actually die when he totally exploded.

I think we might see him again.
Remember how he was able to use the part of his horn that broke off remotely? When he explodes, his horn is seen intact, flying across the screen. The dark magic in the horn might be able to regenerate him, or at least corrupt another pony.
So yeah, the lack of backstory in the episodes and the fact that his horn survived the explosion makes me think that he'll be brought up again (complete with the reappearance of his horn and a backstory).

Yeah, I and bunch of people have theorized about that happening, and that's what I'm hoping. He'd also have some more character with a burning hatred for Spike, Cadence, and the rest of the gang for blowing him up. Now, that would be awesome.
The whole episode I was looking forward to an epic monologue from him about evil stuff.

And here's some more Gak:
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/171937_544854502195401_1601103865_o.jpg

Last edited by Squid (November 11, 2012 (04:30pm))

That was a pretty awesome episode, and it was a great start to Season 3. The end lived up to my expectations, though A Canterlot Wedding still holds on to my favorite 2-part episode.

I felt that the bad-guy seriously needed some more screen time and some backstory, but I thought the design and such was cool, if only we knew him better, maybe if we're lucky he didn't actually die when he totally exploded.

I do agree with you that he should have more screen time. He was probably the most visually threatening villain and could have been more developed. Though, not too much, because if you go into his backstory and who he really is, it kind of loses the fact that he represents Twilight's fear of failing. If you go too in depth, would partially lose that persona of her fear.

But overall, great episode.

Fluttershy should have won that jousting match though. To reinforce the fact that she is best pony and also for comedic effect.

Period.

Chris W. wrote:

Fluttershy should have won that jousting match though. To reinforce the fact that she is best pony and also for comedic effect.

Period.

Actually, that would have been hilarious. xD I would never expect that.

Someone on the comments posted this on Equestriadaily, analyzing King Sombra, and changed my opinion about it.

"He did nothing besides roar, scream and snarl, and he barely talked. He hardly showed any personality or clear motivations. He didn't actively plot against the heroes. And he didn't live past two episodes.

But did he really have to?

You see, King Sombra has more of what many MLP villains thus far lack: presence. It was his presence alone that made sure the Crystal Ponies remained miserable. It was his presence that kept them from remembering where the Crystal Heart was, or going to the one place it was hidden because they were too scared of him. Just by being there, Princess Cadance was left to suffer for days on end, even with her beloved Shining Armor by her side.

And even then, he still tried to make sure the heroes didn't have their way. He took away Shining Armor's powers, causing Princess Cadance to suffer even more. He left traps that those without the courage and wits to stand up to them could not pass. And even though he wasn't always physically present, his influence remained, and it left a very heavy impact on everyone who dared to stand against him. He also managed to do what no other villain on the show has done before: make Twilight swallow her own pride as a means to defeat him.

From everywhere he went to everywhere his name was merely mentioned, he caused nothing but pain and suffering. And not a single one of us knows why.

And yet there are those who have called him 'wasted potential,' just because he barely talked or took action, had no clear characterization, and didn't live up to any of our lofty expectations. But I'll be fair; even I expected him to be Sauron as he was before he was slain by Isildur, not Sauron as he appeared in the whole 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy.

Sometimes, less really is more. That is why he is, to me, a far greater villain than any of us could have ever anticipated.

Now that I think about it, each of the major villains thus far represents a different 'element to writing a good villain' and, in a way, makes up for what the others lack in those regards:

Nightmare Moon: Good backstory, makes her more sympathetic.

Discord: Good personality, makes him more fun to watch.

Queen Chrysalis: Good motivation, makes her actions mesh better with the plot.

King Sombra: Good presence, makes his threat more apparent."

Actually, I agree. The way he was depicted was the best way to show fear. People fear the unknown more than anything else, what they can't see. King Sombra doesn't have a shape, we don't know how he really is, we don't know what he can really do and we don't know nothing about him. Ponies fear him because of that. And at the end, we don't really know if he died: like Minifig said, he might have saved himself because of the fragment of that single horn.

I thought the new episode was pretty enjoyable. I don't have strong feelings either way toward Sombra- he did what he had to do to advance the plot. In the context of FiM, I almost prefer a villain that is just accepted as being dangerous without a convoluted back-story. The villain dialogue tends to get pretty cheesy when they have too much screen-time.

It's interesting to me that Twilight and Celestia use dark magic. I'm tempted to suspect they'll revisit that. I was happy to see Luna get some scenes; hopefully they'll keep her on hand more this season.

Also, the book at the end- thoughts on what it might be? I'm assuming it has something to do with whatever Twilight is "closer to being ready" for. My interest is piqued.