Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - Appreciation Thread

1011Ev wrote:

mini/lol

It seems like a good show. I guess I check here to see what makes you like it and I understand why. ;3

Click here, and experience the magic for yourself. You're missing out on all the fun. Join us in the power of friendship!
mini/smile

1011Ev wrote:

It seems like a good show. I guess I check here to see what makes you like it and I understand why. ;3

It isBut you gotta see it yourself.  Then you'll completely and fully understand.

Y'know, maybe that's why I checked this thread as well before I became a brony.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

minifig051 wrote:

It isBut you gotta see it yourself.  Then you'll completely and fully understand.

Y'know, maybe that's why I checked this thread as well before I became a brony.

The problem is, I might actually watch that. Already watched the Canterlot Wedding, I see why so many people like it...

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

OH.

Now I remember.  You posted about that once, I believe.

But here's the thing: Do you like it?

minifig051 wrote:

Yeah, I read it, I just didn't fully understand it.

What didn't you understand?     

For example, I didn't really get what my dad meant when he told me I needed to "socialize with my peers" more.  I understood what he said, but I don't know what he meant by it.  I guess it was one of those things he thinks is important for me to do, but I don't understand why he thinks that.

If you spend most of your time indoors and alone, he probably wants you to get more exercise and get together with friends more often.  He may be concerned that you are becoming an unhealthy "couch potato," and/or he is afraid that you don't know how to interact well with others.  He wants you to grow up to be a healthy adult - physically and socially.  He has to care about such things.  He's you dad. mini/smile

...and "whippersnapper," Just Kidden?!?  I'm a mom, not a great-grandma!!  Now go sit in the corner! mini/lol

;--;

sorry mom

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Brick7 wrote:
minifig051 wrote:

Yeah, I read it, I just didn't fully understand it.

What didn't you understand?

Oh, the last part, I guess.
Ya see, the thing is we aren't thinking the same way.  Teenage brains like mine are wired differently, ya know? 

For example, I didn't really get what my dad meant when he told me I needed to "socialize with my peers" more.  I understood what he said, but I don't know what he meant by it.  I guess it was one of those things he thinks is important for me to do, but I don't understand why he thinks that.

If you spend most of your time indoors and alone, he probably wants you to get more exercise and get together with friends more often.  He may be concerned that you are becoming an unhealthy "couch potato," and/or he is afraid that you don't know how to interact well with others.  He wants you to grow up to be a healthy adult - physically and socially.  He has to care about such things.  He's you dad. mini/smile

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Anyway, let's stop going on this tangent, huh?

On Saturday, two of my friends are coming over to watch ponies with us and give the show a chance, Hopefully I'll bring two new pagasisters to the herd. They've been pretty open minded about trying it, and even tried to get another friend to watch it.
mini/smile
Unfortunately, that other friend, Stuart, has proved difficult to sway. mini/tongue I thought he was giving in at one point, but I think it's too late. Oh well.

For the episodes to view that day, I have chosen, after much weighing in my head to try to come up with the best combo, the following:
Swarm of the Century
Lesson Zero
And the Royal Wedding

The first is an amusing episode, not too girly, and gives a nice introduction to the characters and how they act. The second is REALLY funny, and has one of the highest concentration of memes in the series. The final is just amazing and fantastic in every way, plus it has three great songs, as it should be shown how brilliant they truly are. On top of that, it's a lot like a Disney movie, since they like Disney a very, very great deal, this would seem to be perfect.

Are they Star Trek fans like you by any chance? Because seriously that Discord episode. I got my friend's entire family to watch those episodes and they loved it and went ecstatic over it, being Q fans. (And it was surprising to see them love it so much, considering they didn't have a big high regard for bronies or the show at first)

I'm unsure.

But, personally, I think it's better to have seen the first episodes before Return of Harmony. It's a little bit confusing not knowing at first exactly what the elements are (I know from experience).

Went on a trip today.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Zoot101/Pony/29062012521.jpg

No big deal.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Welcome, welcome, welcome! A fine welcome to you!
Welcome, welcome, welcome! I say how do you do!
Welcome, welcome, welcome! Hip, hip hooray!
Welcome, welcome, welcome to America today!!!
(Again)
C:

Remember: Boston > NYC.

As far as I've seen, any city that's not NYC > NYC.

Good thing it's not in NYC, huh? mini/tongue

The convention's nearly over now, I'll be dumping all my pics and writing it up here later. It's been great!

i'm about to die of jealousy

Wrote up my BronyCon experience over here. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm about to shut up about it.

That looks like it was wonderful! mini/bigsmile
I want to go eventually...

BronyCon just got featured on CNN's Erin Burnett OutFront.
EDIT: Here's the EQD link, and the CNN link.

Last edited by mcoov (July 6, 2012 (10:50pm))

I've finally made something that's LEGO and MLP.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/396127_439860136037334_6637254_n.jpg

I based it on the 8-bit Discord from the Hub's Adventure Pony game.
It really it quite fun. mini/smile

I think I'll hang this on my wall.