Re: Introduce Yourselves

WoutStopmotion wrote:

I've been held back by my hate towards bronies (seriously, to me they're just a bunch of pervert creepers), and the amount of them on BIM.

So you think we're this:
http://www.doctornerdlove.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/minecraft_creeper.jpg
We're not.
(Not on this site, at least.)

There are some bronies like that, but very few.

(EDIT: Get it? Creeper?)

Last edited by minifig051 (October 1, 2013 (12:06pm))

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

WoutStopmotion wrote:

I decided to join BIM after about 1½ years on YouTube. I've been held back by my hate towards bronies (seriously, to me they're just a bunch of pervert creepers), and the amount of them on BIM.

I'm not a Brony myself. However, at the risk of stating the obvious, I don't think you're going to make many friends here soon with this sort of attitude.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

To be fair the Bronies aren't too extreme (most of the time) on BiM. From what I've seen MLP isn't actually brought up that often in most places on here.

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

You aren't allowed to post a lot of stuff here so things here don't get out of hand...

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

WoutStopmotion wrote:

Hello!

I'm Wouter, maybe more known as WoutStopmotion on YouTube!

I decided to join BIM after about 1½ years on YouTube. I've been held back by my hate towards bronies (seriously, to me they're just a bunch of pervert creepers)

WHOA! Harsh..... That's like personally punching half the community in the face. How do you expect me to welcome after calling the me a perverted creeper? That's quite a label to put on somebody's head. Gosh....

Anywho......Hope you enjoy BiM, and learn a lot. This site has taught me much about brickfilming and helped me improve greatly. Looking forward to seeing you around the forums mini/smile .

Last edited by PushOverProductions (September 28, 2013 (09:56am))

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

This site is what made me a brony. mini/eek

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Don't worry, Wout, I'll be your friend. mini/wink

But yeah, welcome to Bricks in Motion! Glad you decided to join. mini/smile

Umm...

Well my hate towards bronies is mostly just because i've seen some pretty weird people on a forum i used to forum on... like, one of them compared ponies to nuclear bombs mini/eek
Also, i have watched the show a few times and i have no idea why everyone likes it that much.

Let's not derail this topic and talk about introductions please! mini/smile

Soundcloud

signature

WoutStopmotion wrote:

... like, one of them compared ponies to nuclear bombs

What does that even mean?

Anyway, welcome to our forum! I think you'll really like it here, as everyone is really friendly, and helpful in giving feedback on films.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Guys stop scaring Wout!!

Fine, we all get it; you're bronies, whatever. Stop taking everything so personally. Do you think that makes Wout feel welcome here?

Last edited by Mickey (October 25, 2013 (07:14pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:

Stop taking everything so personally.

I don't think Wout fully understood how inflammatory his statement was, but I can't really say the ire is unjustified. Wout, you have to understand that the vast majority of the bronies here are just regular brickfilmers who enjoy watching the show.  It is frustrating to have people peg you as something before they even get to know you, and FiM fans are fairly low hanging fruit in that regard, so you can understand that people get wound up over it.

Anyway, Wout is correct: this is a thread for introductions, so let's keep things friendly and on-topic. If you really want to discuss this, the FiM thread is still around on page 2.

Edit: That means any further discussion about the matter posted in this topic has been, and will be deleted.

I'd like to re-introduce myself ;D Considering I've just had a break that lasted over a year! Doing A-Levels and losing my camera so I physically couldn't animate...But anyways, now i'm easing myself back in to things with a new camera/studio and it's good to be back! My Name is Tom and I'm 17 and I live in England, looking to go to university next year to study Graphic Design! And will be taking the Lego collection with me ;D haha!

Welcome back to BiM. mini/smile

Hello, My name is Juan. My YouTube channel is Rockydude411. I started making videos with Lego in 2009. They were pretty terrible. My first video was "patbot is on the plane part 1" It was this terrible video I filmed with a cruddy cheap Jazz camera, with Spongebob, Mr.Krabs, and Patbot (Patrick with a grey cylinder on his head.). They were on a 4 to 12 base plate (I think) that I called a plane, I flew it around the house. That somehow got deleted mini/shifty . I started making brick-films in 2010, I filmed them with a bad broken camera that was stuck on flash. Around late 2011 I started using my Dad's new camera. Early 2013 I started using my Logitech Pro 9000. (Except for Now Son... I used my Dad's camera for that) I am getting better now. mini/smile I found out about BiM December 14th 2012, I joined that day as well. I use to always wonder how to join Thac. That is how I found out about BiM I searched up Thac. It took a while but I found this site. mini/smile

Last edited by Rockydude411 (October 25, 2013 (11:08am))

Welcome to BiM, Rockydude! Yeah, I started out with a point-and-shoot camera on video mode, pulling the Rebel Trooper craft across the floor while carrying on a conversation amongst the minifigs. mini/tongue Great to have you here!

I started doing lego films with a flip video camera that were almost completely unscripted (an unexpected alarm from my clock became a bomb mini/lol ) Then I learned how to do stop motion (got my hands out of the video mini/tongue ) Then I found BiM about a year later and the help and info on it helped me learn a lot more. Welcome to BiM Rockydude411 mini/smile

Rockydude411Bricks wrote:

I use to always wonder how to join Thac. That is how I found out about BiM I searched up Thac. It took a while but I found this site. mini/smile

Trust me dude, if you haven't entered THAC yet, it's one heck of a time! mini/wink Btw, welcome to BiM, even though you joined last year.

@DriverFilmz - Glad that you chose to come back, as there are a lot of previous brickfilmers who left and never came back. I wish you luck on your journey through the land of bricks. mini/smile

@Rockydude - As has been said, welcome to BiM (well, late welcome). Also, I hope you'll be able to experience a THAC, as it's pretty crazy and you appear to want to compete.

http://bricksafe.com/files/Legoguy501/BiM%20Signature.png
2nd place Darkness and Light entry: The Tree
Behind the Scenes

Thank you all for your welcomes. I am planning on joining THAC this year. I didn't get to last year cause I was busy.