Re: Introduce Yourselves

Hi,

I'm Kieren, formerly KAB Productions. I have since started animation at university, and use KB Videos to identify myself. Links in my signature to Facebook an YouTube pages. mini/smile

Last edited by Kieren Barnett (November 13, 2013 (07:12pm))

http://www.cxpulp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=874&d=1279678499
The new KB Videos coming soon.

Hello! My name is Ben, a 16 year old currently living in Hungary.
I've always liked building with Lego, and movies have always fascinated me -not just the finished product, but the way the magic was actually made and the process of bringing it all to life- so I put the two together.
I've made several attempts at making brickfilms, but until now, I've never actually finished any of my projects.
I am a perfectionist, and I usually try my hardest. When something doesn't work out exactly the way I want, I get a bit disappointed and I think of quitting. This time around I'm here to stay. (That's what I tell myself anyway.) mini/smile

Welcome mini/smile . There are quite a few perfectionists here and many more people willing to give tips on how to fix your film's imperfections.

Great to have you here! I'll be looking forward to your future work.

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

I have been on the forum before but never introduced myself, so here it is.:)  Hi, my name is Canaan May, been brickfilming for two years and have learned a lot since. I film at 15fps. Love STAR WARS, LotR/Hobbit and Marvle. Working on recreating LotR The Fellowship of the Ring in LEGO and other things in between. mini/smile

Welcome to BiM, BrickStory!

Thanks for the welcome party, friends! mini/smile

Hi there!

I would like this opportunity to informally introduce myself. My name's Thomas, also known as Boid, or Boid Watcher Entertainment. The origin of this name came simply from a Far Side comic I read several years ago. Although I have only recently registered here on BiM, I am fairly familiar with the community, as I have visited the forums a few times in the past. I've created a number of "small" scale projects several years ago, but only recently started animating with LEGO again.

Like many members of BiM, I have an interest in film as well as animation. Some specific interests include, Film noir, Alfred Hitchcock, the decade of 80's cinema, analog photography/analog film, and the Rankin/Bass stop motion films of the 60's. (Being Christmas time, it's the perfect occasion to watch those ole' Christmas classics).

As far as the near future of my personal brickfilms, I plan on entering THAC 11, which I am very thrilled about. I have been looking forward to creating a THAC entry for quite some time now. Also, I have a few ideas lingering around in my head with hopes of getting them to paper soon.

Anyways, thanks for reading this rather drawn out introduction. See you in the forums!

-Boid

Boid wrote:

As far as the near future of my personal brickfilms, I plan on entering THAC 11, which I am very thrilled about. I have been looking forward to creating a THAC entry for quite some time now. Also, I have a few ideas lingering around in my head with hopes of getting them to paper soon.

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!
THE MORE THE MERRIER!
An epic THAC awaits.

I'd suggest trying out a test montage before THAC to test out random animations, it's a good way to warm up before the day itself.

Welcome Boid mini/smile

I've actually been a member over two years, but only made a dozen or so posts. I hope to do more brick filming in the near future, so I may as well introduce myself now.
I'm Jayem, I'm 16 years old and I'm from the United Kingdom. I'm very much a beginner when it comes to brick filming, but I've been a Lego fan all my life and I've done some short live-action films over the last few years. Therefore I hope brick filming is the natural 'next step' for me. I've enjoyed it so far, anyway, and that's all that really matters, right? mini/smile

Welcome!

Wow, Boid! You seem to have a lot of experience with filmmaking/films in general. Can't wait to see some of the stuff you put out in the future!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

Also, thanks for the suggestion, Squid. I'll be sure to do some variation of a test montage before THAC. The momentous day awaits us!

Welcome!

So after quite a long break from brick filming, I'll be coming back. The reasons I took a break was that I did not have time to make quality films nor did I feel a "want" to make them, but now that I feel back in the grove of making brick films I'll be getting back into the swing and I just thought I'd post it here and let everyone know.

Latest video: Zombie Blockade https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2XdMQWLu5I

The Son Of Shadowmarch: PreProduction Official Thread: http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … brickfilm/
Script: 80% / Storyboards: 10% / Voice Acting: 0%

Welcome back! mini/smile

- PlainBrick
Formerly MrLegoProductions
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z354/mrlego15/bg67_zps34f3201a.png
Youtube - My Latest Video

Welcome back, Shutterpoint and Jayem! Also, welcome to BiM, Boid!

Hello everyone!

My name is Daniel, I'm from Denmark, 19 years old, and I have just joined the site. mini/smile 
I've been 'brickfilming' since 2008, when I uploaded my first video to my YouTube-channel. For some reason people liked it and I have kept making videos since.

I'm a huge Star Wars-fan, which is why my videos take place in the Star Wars-universe.  So far they are all part of a series, which I have chosen to call "The Lay-Wah Saga". It consists of seven episodes so far.
(If some of you would like to check it out, I would like to point out that the overall quality is significantly higher from Episode 6 and forward. There's a resume in the description, so you don't have to start from Episode 1)

I can understand that Star Wars isn't the most popular theme of brickfilms here... I can understand why, and see the same flaws in some of my early films. That being said, I think I am developing a great, somewhat original story (that I actually care about), while my "movie making-skills" are improving for each film I make. I have studied cinematography, where I have learned a lot of cinematic techniques that I have applied to my newer films.
I do hope that I someday will be able to make something completely original, but I just happen to like making fan-films, and some people like watching them! mini/wink

Anyways: I love using my imagination in different ways, and hope to become a professional filmmaker or animator some day. I am glad to have found this site and look forward to learning more about stop motion and take part in the discussions here. You all seem like some very nice guys and many of the videos I have seen are very professional!

By the way, Happy New Year! mini/bigsmile

(I might update this post at some point, if I can think of more to say.)

Last edited by Drannion Entertainment (January 1, 2014 (07:23pm))

Welcome to BiM mini/smile