Re: I Am The Night

This looks very cool, I like that you change the character design and create your own.

I've had a question for a while about your joker, does it have anything do with this joker?

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/The_Joker_(The_Batman)

Last edited by Legocloniac477 (October 1, 2012 (07:22pm))

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

Thanks. mini/smile I don't know why I didn't found it. mini/confused

So, I'm sure you're busy with school (or something else, depending on age), but I'm kinda wondering if there's been any progress mini/confused. I mean, it's been 3 and a half months. So, yeah, not trying to sound mean, but it would be nice to know if you're still doing this film, another film, or if you're just taking a break, etc.

PS. I've been really looking forward to this, so I hope it's still coming. mini/smile

http://bricksafe.com/files/Legoguy501/BiM%20Signature.png
2nd place Darkness and Light entry: The Tree
Behind the Scenes

legoguy501 wrote:

So, I'm sure you're busy with school (or something else, depending on age), but I'm kinda wondering if there's been any progress mini/confused. I mean, it's been 3 and a half months. So, yeah, not trying to sound mean, but it would be nice to know if you're still doing this film, another film, or if you're just taking a break, etc.

PS. I've been really looking forward to this, so I hope it's still coming. mini/smile

I'm so sorry to every one, but I've made very little progress in a very long time. I've hit a snag. It's like a hydra which keeps re-growing its heads after you chop them off. I simply cannot do anything until my brother can locate an important item for production which he has lost.

That sucks, to be held up by your brother. I hope he finds the item, so that you can start filming again. Anyway, thanks for letting us know that you haven't just chosen to quit or something.

Behind the Scenes

Never mind everybody, I'm back on the project. I finally have the lost screen. So I'm making progress again. mini/bigsmile
(It only seems that when I mention losing something on the internet that it is actually found)

I just made a test picture for the television shot I've been planning for a while:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/481866_488079061215441_2132963704_n.jpg

I opted to implement a real screen instead of pasting it on there because 1: I can't do that very well at all, and 2: I like how it gets me some realistic lighting effects on the set.

I do feel, however, that I need to make the lighting in the room look better.

And hopefully after a few more tests and making sure that the dolly works correctly, I my film this shot.

Thats a really nicely designed room, good job. If it was me I'd move the sofa back just a little, but really nice job.

What are you using for the screen? a smartphone?

Rsteenoven wrote:

What are you using for the screen? a smartphone?

An iPod.
The end has been masked.

Awesome, works really well.

Wow, very nice!
just over a year ago I did the same thing with the screen of a digital camera mini/tongue
It looks much better in my opinion to green-screening.

Very, very, very nice.  I really love everything you've got here.  I can't wait to see it, all your films are great, and this film looks like it's going to be the best Batman Brickfilm out there. 

What I really like is that you've given your own unique spin to everything, and made your own minifigs and sets.  (The Joker and Scarecrow are particularly great, and I think The Joker actually looks better than the pathetic excuse for a criminal lunatic LEGO currently has. mini/tongue )  The sets look really nice as well--I really like the screen and the glowing orb thing.

Great work, keep it up.  Can't wait for the finished film!

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

One more thing to tweak - the light from the clear head does look like it's coming from behind, from the wall not the "orb." Love it otherwise! mini/bigsmile

the light from the clear head does look like it's coming from behind, from the wall not the "orb."

it is.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

I know, I'm just saying it's noticeable.

That looks awesome! I love the screen, and must agree that it looks much more realistic. However, when I first looked at the picture, the light from the top left corner looks too bright, imo. Like he has a hole in the roof (I'm assuming it's supposed to be like an overhead, or else it's just due to being a test).
So, yeah, glad to get know you're back to filming. Really looking forward to it. mini/smile

-LG501

Behind the Scenes

You were talking about incorporating Mr. Munchy in the film somehow.  I've had an idea about this.  In the comics, Batman has a huge collection of trophies/artefacts--including a gigantic dinosaur model--that he's collected over time and stores/displays in the Batcave.  I was thinking, what if you replace the dinosaur with Mr. Munchy in your version (assuming, of course, you're going to use a Batcave set in your film)?  Obviously, since Munchy is a model, he wouldn't be able to move or walk or eat hapless criminals ( mini/tongue ), but I still think it'd be a great way to include him.  What do you think?

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Hey, guys, good news! mini/bigsmile

I finished the really hard shoot today. First thing I've filmed for Batman in a while now, but I think it turned out well, I'll see how it is after adding effects.

It took me three and a half hours even with Wilson helping with the telly. Ow, that was hard. I'm so glad it's filmed. I've been planning it for over a year, and I've spent several weeks preparing.

Now I can continue on with stuff for the rest of the film. I'm going to try and make sure that I don't spend too long on shots from now on and actually get this film done.

Great! I'm glad to hear you are making progress. This film will be done and out before you know it. mini/smile Can't wait to start seeing some frames and teaser from it.

That is a good new. When do you except that the film will be ready ANP?