Re: I Am The Night

looks to be a similar length to my Batflick... lookn forward to this...

Anything to update on?

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

Well, I've gotten back to making this film now.
For the past few weeks I've been working on the set for the fight.  Also, I did get Batman's lines several months ago.
I'll probably have the set done in a few weeks more then start animating something, though, since it is a big fight, it's probably going to go horribly slowly.

Also, guys, I really, really, really need a riddle where the answer is ice.
That's one of the few things the script needs.
I should probably finish that up soon so I can send it to Brandon to record for the Riddler.

'Whass coller than bein' cool?'

'ICE COOOLLLLDDD'

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Got this off a website:

Power enough to smash ships and crush roofs. Yet it still must fear the sun. What is it?

Willco66 wrote:

Got this off a website:

Power enough to smash ships and crush roofs. Yet it still must fear the sun. What is it?

Thanks!
I'll use a variation of that.

Really cool. I can't wait for this!

π Cherry π Banana Cream π Pumpkin π Lemon-Lemon π Black Berry π Quiche π

Well everyone, I finally got along with animating the next big scene.
Unfortunately, the first shot was a failure.

The animation was comfortably within acceptable parameters, however, the shot starts out completely clear, then it fogs up and becomes unpleasantly blurry.

I have a feeling that this has something to do with condensation on the lens, as the room is pleasantly chilly right now, and my camera generates a slight warmth.

I am currently at a loss for resolving this obstacle.

You could clean the lens after every photo, it would probably take a lot of time but I can't really see an easier option mini/confused

would a dehumidifier work?

Why not make the room warmer so condensation doesn't form on the camera?

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

I'm still animating my film.  I've got a heater for the room now.  The fight progresses slowly, but it goes on.  It'll be done sometime.

In the mean time, I've been thinking about the titles and credits for the film.

I usually just use some text in photoshop and leave it at that.  But for a really long time I've been wanting to actually animate LEGO credits.
I'm planning to have the words build up on a board then deconstruct themselves to make way for the next title or credit.  I've made a test image of brick built text:

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/1457594_656084364414909_1521357193_n.jpg

Now I'll probably use bricks rather than plates, invert the grey shades, and use a much bigger board.  The lighting could also use a bit of work.

I'll wait to animate this until basically everything else is done, though.
I still have a few unfilled parts, and I could have someone contribute more to the film somewhere along the road.
I would hate to have to re-do the whole credits shot.

I'm considering saving a bit of time by only crediting each actor's name then having their characters build on the board rather than list the characters' names.  It might also be nice to have a visual representation.

What do you guys think?

Brick titles: Eh..You might be able to make them look good, but I've never cared for the look/feel. They are also a common sight in more amateurish films and the association may not be good.

I personally don't care for 'building' type credits titles, so I'm biased against it right now. I wouldn't recommended doing the 'build and credit', but again, if you can make it look cool and professionial, then go for it.

Maybe you should build the titles and shine some light on them against a wall or something. Then you could use their SHADOWS. That would be awesome.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Brick titles: Eh..You might be able to make them look good, but I've never cared for the look/feel. They are also a common sight in more amateurish films and the association may not be good.

Really?

When I think of brick built titles, I think of Click, Robota, and Play Nice, which are some of my favourites.

The idea of amateurish titles makes me imagine white comic sans text on a light blue background with pillar-boxing.

Though, I must admit I was a bit lazy with my first attempt.  That's probably the absolute simplest way I could've made text in LEGO.
I've now given it another go, and I've built several bigger letters which I spent a lot of time designing and tweaking to get the shapes just right:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/905350_657350114288334_245440070_o.jpg

I now have almost enough letters to build the names of most of the people who've helped with the film.  Luckily, I don't have to build an X or a V.
I actually think that these letters would be easier to animate and easier to plan out.  Also, since they stand upright, including certain minifigures in the credits will look nicer.

Also, these would work with Walter's idea if I used that.

My brother Lee, however, still thinks that I should use the older version.

I'm thinking of having some sort of very, very wide city looking background which will have one or two extra platforms for different levels of text.

For now, I just used the set I currently have built, which can't hold anything more than BATMAN.

What do you guys think?

Love the title mini/smile

I like the shape of it. It doesn't come off as amateurish to me.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Much better than the first version. I also like the backdrop.

http://bricksafe.com/files/Legoguy501/BiM%20Signature.png
2nd place Darkness and Light entry: The Tree
Behind the Scenes

OK....Now that's an improvement if I've ever seen one.
That sir, is how one does brick-built titles, good job.

Do that right there, and I will be greatly impressed. Not that my silly opinion counts for anything. mini/tongue

Way, way, better. I really like the way those letters look, it really fits in with Batman. mini/smile