Topic: The BiM Film Directory is now open!

After months of development, we proudly present the BricksInMotion Film Directory!

If you have any kind of display problems, please delete your cache to purge old caches of the site from your computer.  There are functional and graphical changes that may not display correctly otherwise, including a new website logo and icon.

To begin submitting your films, head to the 'Films' section and click the "Add Your Film" button at left.

If your film is already posted in a forum thread, choose "No" at the end of the form.  You will be able to tie your film page to the preexisting in your film control panel afterward.  (The film control panel may be accessed from the front page Controls module by clicking "Manage Films."

The directory should be completely functional; however, we have lots of plans in store for the future and will continue to develop it and expand functionality for months to come.  If a feature from the old directory is missing, chances are it is on our to-do list!

I would like to thank Chris Boyer (SlothPaladin) for the immense amount of work he has put into programming this directory over the last few months.  It was a big commitment for him to spend his free time programming this site after working on other site programming during the workday.  Completing the directory in a timely manner and with good results would not have been possible without him.

The beta testing team was also invaluable in testing the directory, providing feedback, and submitting their films as testing grounds for the directory.

We would also like to recognize Schlaeps for his contributions and feedback.  He laid much of the groundwork for the submission form and several other elements of the directory.

We have selected a Review Panel:

• Leonardo812

• MindGame

• Nick Durron

• RP Hoogle

• TheNoodle26

• Night Owl

• Sméagol

The Review Process

Films are not automatically listed in the directory; the Review Panel inspects submissions and may or may not accept them for public listing; in effect, the best films will be publicly viewable by default.  Most submitted films are eventually processed and rated by the review panel, and become accessible in the search.  Every film receives its own film page.

If a film meets our standard of quality for acceptance into the public listing, it will receive either of the following honors:

http://bricksinmotion.com/images/film_icons/honor_panel_big.png

Recommended Film: These are films meeting the directory's standard of quality for recommendation, similar to the Brickfilms.com directory circa 2007.  These films are displayed by default and listed under "recent films."  This status isn't listed on film pages.

http://bricksinmotion.com/images/film_icons/honor_favorite_big.png

Staff Favorite: Any video favorited by one or more staff members, including the panel.  Films receiving this honor will be so labeled on their film pages.

Films that are accepted but not 'recommended' by the panel may be viewed through searches or by selecting the 'all films' option.

Concerning Credits

If you did almost all the work besides voice acting on a movie, there is no need to credit yourself as the animator, writer, director, and every other role.  You will automatically be listed as the film's "creator."  Only use these secondary credits if multiple people worked on the project.

One other reminder:

SlothPaladin wrote:

Be sure to follow @BricksInMotion on Twitter, every time a film is reviewed it is Tweeted.  But that won't be the extent of our plans for Twitter! mini/smile

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Re: The BiM Film Directory is now open!

Absolutely fantastic, glad I could be a ... well a rather small ... part of it! mini/tongue

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

Be sure to follow @BricksInMotion on Twitter, every time a film is reviewed it is Tweeted.  But that won't be the extent of our plans for Twitter! mini/smile

Will our films be automatically added?

Films are reviewed by the review panel, if you posted a film that already has a thread in the forums just go to Manage Films and add the link to your film.

The link is visible from the main page.  Right now there is a bit of a queue, but the review panel has already got quite a bit done.

Films will not automatically become visible in the directory after being submitted; they must be approved by the review panel based on quality standards.  However, it will (eventually) be possible to search all films, as a non-default option.

Darn it, I thought my submitted film was 1:57.. but it was 0:57. Any way to change that?

I shouldn't be here right now. My first final is tomorrow. I told myself to stay off the site until finals week was over. And [expletive] it, now I'm going to be here all week. Curse you all for releasing this monumental piece of awesomeness at the worst possible time...

Seriously, to all who deserve praise - thanks for everything. Fantastic work.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

Aaron wrote:

Darn it, I thought my submitted film was 1:57.. but it was 0:57. Any way to change that?

We had hoped people could the running times right - however, we'll be making the pages fully editable eventually.  You can edit some of the info - such as the description and tags - in your control panel.

THIS....
IS....
EPIC!

I am really liking this. I submitted a link to my playlist of Lego Vs Mega Blok ads. Is that good?

You'll know htat when the reviewpanel has done their work.

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile

mini/jaw

We have become mini/bigsmile mini/bigsmile mini/bigsmile AWESOME!

Thanks you lot! Soon it shall be complete!

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

AWESOME!
Thanks Smeagol and SlothPaladin for all your great work on this. mini/bigsmile

-Donsalvatore

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

I think I have spotted a mistake. Unless i'm just looking at this wrong: The Newest films are on page 1 but when new films are added they will go onto page 1 and the old page 1 films will become page 2 and page 2 will become page 3 and so on. This means if I was to give someone a link to page 2, it might not be the same films when they look at it. to fix this it new films will have to go onto the highest numbered page and be descending. If it's any consolation brickfilms.com made the same mistake and they still haven't finished fixing it, they just put the oldest films on the first page of the directory.

I really like the look of the directory and can't wait to finish a film I feel is worthy of the directory. Kudos to all involved. mini/smile

_2014

This is great!

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Guys, that is so cool.  And I expected it to be up in the summer.  Thanks guys, this is great! mini/smile

This is absolutely awesome!! mini/bigsmile

Why do all the good things happen while I'm away, or my computer refuses to start? However, it will not stop my girly squeal of delight. YAYCAKES.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

This submit system is great. mini/eek There is one tiny mistake though, when you select the day of the month you have the option to select '32'. mini/wink