Topic: Circle

Circle

Watch Now: Youtube
Released: June 1, 2021
Content Advisory: mild violence, no language, no sexual content

In this lego stopmotion brickfilm a secretetreasure will travel trough space and timerevealing the history of the world. At the end you will figure out the circle of life.
This was an entry for "Steinerei 2021" with the topic "Secret"

STORY EXPLANATION:
The secret itselfe is a macguffin and shown in each time.
First secrets are kept by shamans and oracles. After this it is written at a sealed letter and stored at chests. Then the secretes are written into a map. In modern world secrets are transported first in briefcases and introducing the digital age they could be saved as encrypted files on a smartphone. The last stage is to integrate digital information into a human using a neural link.
Which means after all this ages secrete information are stored and transported linke at the very beginning. Thats the reason why the video is called Circle.

Directory Link

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Peiler/Brickfilms/Singularity/banner_04.png

Re: Circle

A little amazed by the shots like the ones at 1:28 and 2:20. The voice acting I found a little distracting. Overall it’s a great film and I thought the music was powerful.

( i’m glad to be one of the first to see this masterpiece, at the moment it’s at 100 views, with many more to come I hope)

Last edited by Robukka (June 1, 2021 (09:41am))

That was very good. The concept of the film was very interesting, and reminded me of Cloud Atlas a bit. Love the cinematography, every shot seems to be well thought out and deliberate. I'm with Robukka on the voice acting, I think the story could have been told just as well without voices altogether. Some of the VFX could have used a little more polish, but overall it looks great.

Thanks for your feedback. I am so happy Robukka called it masterpiece. This is such a great honor!
The "voice" was my first try to show that they are talking, but it doesn't matter what they are exactly saying. Maybe you have an advice how to better simulate the talking? Or do you mean it's better to change the story, that even this ist not realy necessary?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Peiler/Brickfilms/Singularity/banner_04.png