Re: Princess Storm - Production Topic

2x4 studios wrote:

That lighting in beautiful. The inset lighting looks great. The bokeh is great. Is there any particular reason you used a lense with 5 blades instead of more for a more round bokeh?

Thanks! And no, I used this lens because it was a wider angle than my other lens, so it would look more immersed in the forest. I'm hoping that in the sequence of the film, the pentagonal bokeh will blend in and not look too out of place. If it does... well lesson learned for the future, I guess mini/tongue

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:
2x4 studios wrote:

That lighting in beautiful. The inset lighting looks great. The bokeh is great. Is there any particular reason you used a lense with 5 blades instead of more for a more round bokeh?

Thanks! And no, I used this lens because it was a wider angle than my other lens, so it would look more immersed in the forest. I'm hoping that in the sequence of the film, the pentagonal bokeh will blend in and not look too out of place. If it does... well lesson learned for the future, I guess mini/tongue

Kind of looks like an artistic impression of stars which I think is good.

AquaMorph wrote:
rioforce wrote:
2x4 studios wrote:

Kind of looks like an artistic impression of stars which I think is good.

Yeah, it does.

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

I took my first frame for Princess Storm on May 9, 2015. That was before I even knew about the summer contest and started Sola Luna. Flash forward to March 18, 2021... and I seem to have finished principle photography! Barring any re-shoots, I have all the footage for the entire film shot. I'm excited to go into editing! It's been a crazy long journey, with basically no animation happening between 2016 and 2020... mini/tongue

I don't have any frames to show off right now, because all the stuff I just shot is MAJOR SPOILERS lol, but I'll try to post some more frames as I edit. I've got some cool production stuff I want to show off. mini/wink

YouTubeWebsite

That's awesome.  It must feel surreal for you to be at this point.
The hype is real!

Cool! I can't wait!

"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

It's looking fantastic, rio! The "unassuming" pictures you've been posting are absolutely incredible. It would be cool if you could maybe tell the basic plot, but I understand if you really want to save everything until it comes out. One of the things I noticed was the change of the King's head. Back when you had posted the original minifigure pictures of the three main characters (by the way, are there any others, and if there are bad guys, could we either see a pic with them or know a little bit about them?), and you added that the King's head was not permanent, this new head was exactly the head I was thinking about as a replacement. It's perfect, and in my opinon is the most old kingly LEGO face out there. So great choice. A question I wanted to ask was if you were using any other camera besides your DSLR. I saw it in one of the BTS pictures, as well as the Dragonframe remote, so I assume you're using that too, but the finished throne room shot you posted was a fairly close shot, and it seemed that in that case you might be using a web cam as well, but I do know you have zoom lenses, so it could also have been achieved with that as well, I've just never tried it. Adressing my comment on February 8th about the bow modification, it was kind of abrupt and critical, so sorry about that. I do believe that it's a mistake to purposefully damage LEGO, however, it is understandable, and it for sure achieves a great look. In my opinion you have some of the greatest lighting in brickfilming, and of course on a big project you'd have completely stellar lighting. It really transforms the feel of all the shots, and puts in a whole new dimension to your world that wouldn't be there otherwise. Something I was going to ask was if the eighth picture down on page 5 had any color correction/filters/editing applied to it, as the shades of some of the bricks looked a little off. By the way, this isn't necessarily negative, as it's perfectly legitimate to sacrifice tiny little details for the overall amazing look this shot achieves, as well as the fact that I am very prone to nitpicks, despite the fact that I'm not a great brickfilmer myself. Just please let me say that above all this a mind-blowingly awesome brickfilm, with the probability of being one of the most beautifully done brickfilms of whatever year it's realeased. Thank you so much for making something like this. God Bless and Good Luck,

Sincerely,

Puskov

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"
Married? Solder you balls now.

I wrote that review before I saw the most recent picture, that's also stellar. Another thing I forgot to add was that I love the contrast of colors between the red of Princess Storm and the blue of Duke Exetor, and how the king combines them both. Really awesome!

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"

rioforce wrote:

I took my first frame for Princess Storm on May 9, 2015. That was before I even knew about the summer contest and started Sola Luna. Flash forward to March 18, 2021... and I seem to have finished principle photography! Barring any re-shoots, I have all the footage for the entire film shot. I'm excited to go into editing! It's been a crazy long journey, with basically no animation happening between 2016 and 2020... mini/tongue

I don't have any frames to show off right now, because all the stuff I just shot is MAJOR SPOILERS lol, but I'll try to post some more frames as I edit. I've got some cool production stuff I want to show off. mini/wink

Wow I can't wait for the film! I've just spent the last 5 minutes catching up on the updates and the film looks very intriguing.

Hey, this is my signature. My youtube channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/bosskinglegoproductions

BossKingLegoProductions wrote:
rioforce wrote:

Wow I can't wait for the film! I've just spent the last 5 minutes catching up on the updates and the film looks very intriguing.

Me too.  I'm so glad Rioforce brought back this project!
Especially with how much he's improved.

Another update!

I’m about to graduate in two weeks, and that’s when Princess Storm will screen at my college. But it’s been a rough post-production ride for sure.

I’ve had to re-edit the film a handful of times to try to add clarity to the scenes. A lot of the film is told out of order (it’ll make sense in context), but because of that, it’s hard for the audience to get the whole picture. So I’ve been trying to make it clearer as I go.

Problem is with creating something (especially for six years) is that I know the entire story, even what’s not in the movie. So I fall into the issue of understanding all the points in the plot, being able to explain their significance, but unfortunately not being able to translate those to my audience.

So, back to revising for me. I have to find the balance between just explaining every single detail in the film and being too vague.

But the film should be out some time next month! Hopefully I’ll get a trailer made soon.

YouTubeWebsite

Sweet! I get what you mean trying to add clarity.
I hope you can get it done soon!
It'll be awesome to watch.

Good luck, rio. If all else fails, just hire Harrison Ford to narrate over the film to explain all the plot points. Tell, don't show!

And just like that, the trailer is out!

I'm almost done putting the finishing touches on the film, and it'll be done. The process of making this film doesn't seem that big a deal, but to me it feels like a momentous occasion, because it's been in my mind for so long. I can't wait to show you all. mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite

Woot!

Hooo boy, this is going to be epic. Here we go!

Hey man, would you mind if I made a quick little fan film?

Puskov wrote:

Hey man, would you mind if I made a quick little fan film?

I didn't even this until now. If you want to, I can't stop ya! mini/wink

Anyway, I'm posting here to say... I've finally finished! I'm going to publish it in the morning, but wanted to post one last time here. It's been such a long process. Honestly, I had no clue I would ever finish. I had given up on Storm for a while, completely neglecting progress on it. I felt it was too big to complete, that I would never find the time. Well, I made the time, I graduated from University with this film as my final project, and now we're here.

I edited it a bit since Uni, though. I didn't have enough time to polish it up quite as much as I wanted. But now I'm satisfied. And I can't believe the relief of finishing such a large project.

I know this sounds like a lame oscar's speech, but honestly, this is a big moment. I wrote Princess Storm before I made Sola Luna... and now it's the end of an era. Insane.

I'll post the video here when it's published, then come back to post the Behind the Scenes video (once it's done).

Thank you all for coming along with me on this journey! It's been a blast.

YouTubeWebsite

Yes! I'm excited. I've been waiting on this for a while.
Glad it finally got finished.

Here's the final film, y'all!

https://bricksinmotion.com/forums/topic … ess-Storm/

YouTubeWebsite