Re: The Story of Scout - Production Log

2x4 studios wrote:

I got some more animation done today! We are now at a total of 13 seconds of animation!
https://i.imgur.com/JQlghTt.png

Nice!

Youtube - Twitter - Facebook - Discord
https://bricksafe.com/files/BCStrike/Untitled%20design%20165.png
Live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Ephesians 4:1

BCStrike wrote:
2x4 studios wrote:

I got some more animation done today! We are now at a total of 13 seconds of animation!

Nice!

Thanks!

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

2x4 studios wrote:
BCStrike wrote:
2x4 studios wrote:

Nice!

Thanks!

Welcome

UPDATE (sorta)

Hey guys! It's update time!
So I lately have been building and working on a camera rig to make camera movements a lot easier, here is a collage I made with some pictures of it!
https://i.imgur.com/PTa5pvj.jpg
I built this off of Mighty Wanderer's camera rig for his c920.
Enjoy!

"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

2x4 studios wrote:

UPDATE (sorta)

So I lately have been building and working on a camera rig to make camera movements a lot easier, here is a collage I made with some pictures of it!
Enjoy!

Sweet mini/bigsmile

I am animating more today!
https://i.imgur.com/0gNd17E.png

2x4 studios wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/0gNd17E.png

Cool, are you entering fright and fear?

BCStrike wrote:
2x4 studios wrote:

No, I wanted to but I decided to work on the story of Scout instead. But I really want to enter the September fest.

2x4 studios wrote:
BCStrike wrote:
2x4 studios wrote:

No, I wanted to but I decided to work on the story of Scout instead. But I really want to enter the September fest.

Ok

2x4 studios wrote:

UPDATE (sorta)

Enjoy!

Ooh, that's really cool. How do the mechanics work? What does it do? Is it for raising/lowering the camera? Any problems with the rig itself moving, or is it steady? Also, what's that thing on top, is that for adding weight?

BertL wrote:
2x4 studios wrote:

UPDATE (sorta)

Enjoy!

Ooh, that's really cool. How do the mechanics work? What does it do? Is it for raising/lowering the camera? Any problems with the rig itself moving, or is it steady? Also, what's that thing on top, is that for adding weight?

It makes the camera go up, or down, and yeah the thing on top is an ankle/wrist weight so It does't fall over.
It also turns around 360 degrees with one of those 4x4 turn table parts.
And the wheels make it so you can roll it.
To make it raise/lower you turn the wheel at the back which is connected to an axle that has a worm gear on it and then when you turn the wheel the worm gear turns a light tan gear which is connected to an axle that the top arm thing connects to.
It works really well and I filmed a test with it I'll be showing you guys soon.

Hope that answered you question!

Hey, just checking in... is this still in production?

JuiceBoxStudios wrote:

Hey, just checking in... is this still in production?

Yeah. I am not currently working on it right now but it is not canceled like that other one I did. I am going to start animating more in December.

Hey guys! UPDATE TIME!

So I have not been working on the story of scout, but I will start animating more in January 2021!
After THAC, that is.
See you then!

This looks great man! Good luck!

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"
Married? Solder you balls now.

Sounds a great project! Glad you are making progress.

Hennison Animations

UPDATE

Hello people of the BiM community! Today I am starting back up The story of Scout.
I am going to re-shoot the few seconds I already have.
I have changed video editors and image capture programs so now I have a better workflow.
I will be posting a couple of my new camera movement tests on my test topic soon! (test topic is here)
Today I will be setting up the sets and tomorrow I will animate!
I will post BTS pics when I do!

Puskov wrote:

This looks great man! Good luck!

Thanks Puskov!

hennisonanimations wrote:

Sounds a great project! Glad you are making progress.

Thank you Hennison!

I got some animation done today!
https://imgur.com/a/IjKE4xj
I could not figure out how to make it an image so here is a link. mini/sad

Last edited by Owen Garcia (February 12, 2021 (07:23am))

Hey man! I read the script, and it's pretty good. Your preview + BTS shots look great as well. There were several typos in the script, but it didn't detract in any way from the story, just something to look out for. The guy in black and the red scarf is pretty mysterious, and rather vague. It's kind of unclear why a guy would walk up to your friendly average Eskimo, and just shoot him. In the script it didn't say that he was trying to rob him or anything. It would be a nice touch if you subtly put some backstory to that, i.e., the Eskimo and the woman talking about when the dog comes in at the end. It also seemed a little odd that out of all the things this cloaked silent stranger should say, it would just be "Ha." Just a little wierd. I love the writing for the end shot and the first shot though, I'm looking forward to seeing it. I do have a couple question about some of the animation that will happen. For instance, on the very last 2 lines of page 2, when the dog Scout grabs the piece of meat by his mouth from the woman's hand, are you planning to use Blu-Tack on that, and will it show him eating by having the chicken leg just being there and then next shot it's gone, or will you have some in-between piece to make it seem like he's gradually consuming it. Also, if he ate the entire thing right then, I think he would choke on the bone. mini/tongue . Also, on line 1-8, the script describes Scout as cold and tired. While this would definitely be important and clarifying in a book, unless a narrator actually says it in the film, that doesn't really help anything in the script, unless you're planning to make Scout shiver and yawn? Again, on line 1-9, the script says "the husky sees an oppurtunity". If that's not going to be implicit, such as the husky looking at the old man and seeing the word "OPPURTINITY" over his head, that could also be cut out. There were several other minor errors, but overall, looks like a great brickfilm, and I'll be checking this thread and you're channel repeatedly to check up on what's going to be an excellent short. Good luck man!

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"
Married? Solder you balls now.

Puskov wrote:

Hey man! I read the script, and it's pretty good. Your preview + BTS shots look great as well. There were several typos in the script, but it didn't detract in any way from the story, just something to look out for. The guy in black and the red scarf is pretty mysterious, and rather vague. It's kind of unclear why a guy would walk up to your friendly average Eskimo, and just shoot him. In the script it didn't say that he was trying to rob him or anything. It would be a nice touch if you subtly put some backstory to that, i.e., the Eskimo and the woman talking about when the dog comes in at the end. It also seemed a little odd that out of all the things this cloaked silent stranger should say, it would just be "Ha." Just a little wierd. I love the writing for the end shot and the first shot though, I'm looking forward to seeing it. I do have a couple question about some of the animation that will happen. For instance, on the very last 2 lines of page 2, when the dog Scout grabs the piece of meat by his mouth from the woman's hand, are you planning to use Blu-Tack on that, and will it show him eating by having the chicken leg just being there and then next shot it's gone, or will you have some in-between piece to make it seem like he's gradually consuming it. Also, if he ate the entire thing right then, I think he would choke on the bone. mini/tongue . Also, on line 1-8, the script describes Scout as cold and tired. While this would definitely be important and clarifying in a book, unless a narrator actually says it in the film, that doesn't really help anything in the script, unless you're planning to make Scout shiver and yawn? Again, on line 1-9, the script says "the husky sees an oppurtunity". If that's not going to be implicit, such as the husky looking at the old man and seeing the word "OPPURTINITY" over his head, that could also be cut out. There were several other minor errors, but overall, looks like a great brickfilm, and I'll be checking this thread and you're channel repeatedly to check up on what's going to be an excellent short. Good luck man!

Thanks! I spend a lot of time making sure the shots look nice.
I do want to add a little of a backstory for the man in black. That's definitely something I will work on.
The shot where he eats the chicken will be sticky tacked but I will do the best I can to hide it. There will be in between frames with some of the meat gone and then a clean bone. I will do some changes to the script to tell that better.
I really want to thank you for all the changes you suggested to the script, I will be going over all of it.
I am just getting into good script writing and every suggestion is awesome!
I would be extremely grateful if you would PM me with all of the suggestions you have, including the tiny ones.
Thanks!