Re: Boats Animator - free, open-source stop motion program

I want to make a rating with some pics. Can u send me a link?

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

2x4 studios wrote:

I want to make a rating with some pics. Can u send me a link?

That would be amazing! mini/bigsmile The old form is no longer available so please use this link instead:

https://forms.gle/oMPuTXQSWLSdrRM28

Please note you will need to sign in to a Gmail/Google Account to complete this form. This is due to the option on the form to upload images of Boats Animator.

Also, just to note this program is definitely still being worked on. I really want to release the video export feature soon but I still need to sort some issues. mini/smile

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

Can u add a way to import audio?

"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

I sent in my form! mini/bigsmile

BoatsAreRockable wrote:

Also, just to note this program is definitely still being worked on. I really want to release the video export feature soon

Sounds great! As 2x4 said, it'd also be nice if there was a way to import audio, but we won't overload you with update requests. mini/wink

Last edited by BrickAnimator724 (May 4, 2020 (12:27pm))

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us." - Romans 8:18

I will bare it in mind. mini/smile There are still lots of features to add, but it's really useful to know which ones are most important to people.

Boats Animator

Will my rating be on the website?

2x4 studios wrote:

Will my rating be on the website?

I will add it when the website is next updated mini/smile

Boats Animator

Just wanted to say, I've been using this software for months now and it works really well for me.
It's a bit annoying that I need to close/reopen the program whenever I want to do a different shot, but besides that I really like it.

AwesomepantsFilms wrote:

Just wanted to say, I've been using this software for months now and it works really well for me.
It's a bit annoying that I need to close/reopen the program whenever I want to do a different shot, but besides that I really like it.

Same here. It works great, but it is a little annoying that you can't reopen projects once they've been closed.

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us." - Romans 8:18

I have been using this software for almost a year or so and I think its a great software. I just wish that it had built-in camera controls, I would prefer that over being able to open up a project, because for me LWS will sometimes not open the camera controls so I have to delete the software and install it again.

Projects and video export are by far the 2 most requested features to add to Boats Animator so they are high on my list of priorities.

I would also like to eventually add built in camera controls too. It's something I've looked into before.

I know development is slow and some features I have been promising for years now! But I am still passionate about this project and will find the time to work on it soon.

Hearing from users of Boats Animator on BiM and by email really makes it worth it to me. Thanks for the continued support everyone! mini/smile

Boats Animator

Hello!
I wanted to share how I am enjoying Boats Animator so far since I decided to do some test comparing the
image quality with what I was originally using to capture frames.
MonkeyJam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awQbgdiOEMk
Boats Animator https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQp71SW6PSw

Honestly I am very happy with Boats Animator so far
and I'm very much looking forward to the export feature when its added.
One minor thing I did notice: Some frames skip numbers example: Frame 17,Frame 18, Frame 20, Frame 21
But that might have been mentioned before. ^^;

Anyway thank you again for making this useful tool!
I can't wait to make a full animation with such nice image quality! mini/smile

AJVfilms wrote:

One minor thing I did notice: Some frames skip numbers example: Frame 17,Frame 18, Frame 20, Frame 21
But that might have been mentioned before. ^^;

At the end of your take you should go ahead and click "Confirm take" from the application's Menu Bar. (Follow: Capture -> Confirm take).

This will rename all our frames correctly. mini/smile

Andrew BrickMovies - Stop Motion Animator

I just purchased this program and was doing some testing with my new Logitech C920 and I was wondering, how do you edit the focus and shutterspeed and other camera functions?

Boats doesn't control those things. (yet)
You'll need to download the Logitech Capture app (open "more downloads" and scroll until you see it) and use that to adjust the settings.

Ok! Thanks

I have tried to download different versions of Logitech Capture and for some reason, each time I try it always ends saying that the installation failed because the computer isn't connected to wifi, even though it is. Would anyone know why this is happening? (sorry, I know this isn't related to Boats Animator specifically, but figuring this out would make using Boats much easier)

Okay, sorry about the unrelated comment up there, the problem was solved. Boats Animator seems to be working well, but since I cannot connect my webcam to an ipad, I'm stuck with using a slow-snail like computer which makes everything run slowly and the playback kinda jittery. Hopefully I can get an upgrade soon. Otherwise, great program!

JuiceBoxStudios wrote:

Boats Animator seems to be working well, but since I cannot connect my webcam to an ipad, I'm stuck with using a slow-snail like computer which makes everything run slowly [...] Otherwise, great program!

That would be ideal since the new tablet computers are compact yet powerful.
And I agree that boats animator is great. it can capture the full size photo from the Logitech webcam whereas the other program, Heron animation, could only grab an image from the video feed. I do like both, they have their own appeals.