Re: Antonio's Revenge

My favourite bit is the guys in the bar running in circles around the table. Good to have you back, man.

Meet me at the bar

Classic.

Hi Janitor.  I know you wouldn't know me since I came to brickfilms at around early 2007 but looking at some old posts at brickfilms.com, I remember seeing your name pop up a lot.  Nice to see you came here.

You have left me lost for words. I really have nothing to say. Just....wow.

10/10

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

The film was very enjoyable. I agree with the comments made about the opening scene, the slow-paced approaching of the man along with the music created a very tense atmosphere. The bar shootout was also well done (though I think some of the editing could have been a tad bit tighter). The running-and-shooting part was great. I like how you also added little bits of humor here and there, such as the guys running around the table or the glass breaking after the villain is killed.

Good animation all around, and the camerawork was also well-done. I liked the tracking shot as the villain walked towards Antonio the bar in particular.

Glad to see you again, Mr. Janitor.

highly highly enjoyable. wonderfully goofy. the humor and visual style is strictly janicellian circa 2004. makes me want to go brickfilm. reminds me of why i love brickfilms in the first place. i am a happy fellow. please make more.

Last edited by Timboh56 (April 24, 2009 (04:12pm))

This is exactly the kind of thing that makes me sad that my lego and animating stuff is practically on the other side of the continent.

I don't know what else to say. The phone conversation took me a couple seconds to accept and a few more to really like. I also was really impressed with the way you managed to get by with such an obviously small supply of bricks. The outfits on some of the patrons in the bar... well let's just say I bet there are some cool stories told at that bar when everybody's not busy getting shot at.

Great little film.  Some great shots cinematography-wise that I've never seen in a brickfilm before.   Since plenty of other deservedly good things have been said about this film, I'll be a little critical.

Plot-wise, I'm confused. 

Spoiler (click to read)

Antonio is a cop or investigator who is approached by John's wife whose husband John was coincidentally killed by Antonio's wife's murderer?  Then the murderer sets up the meeting in the bar risking himself for no reason?

I liked this film, but I wish the plot added up a little better for me.  Am I missing something?

Lastly, both Antonio and the villain are absolutely TERRIBLE shots!  But if it was meant as an homage and/or spoof of action films that do the same thing, then it's forgivable.  mini/smile

Loved that. The bar scene was excellent mini/smile.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter

again, thanks for the words.

i agree with the comment that the bar scene could've been edited a bit tighter. as for the plot, its not supposed to make sense. its faithful to the original, which was created in one day by two 11-year-olds trying to come up with an excuse to animate a bar-fight scene.

I really enjoyed some of the visual touches (the glass breaking was fantastic), but I agree that all the editing could have been tighter and that the plot was sort of muddled. The last two bits were distracting, but there's so much to love about this film. I seriously think that a lot of people in this community have devolved into a particular style without realizing it, and that films like this are so interesting because they break that mold.

I don't think you'll remember me; I joined Brickfilms in 2005.

I liked in particular the part where the villain sloooowwwwllllyyyy walks up to john mini/lol . But why didn't he just shoot him, he had a gun so why did he conk him out insted of... (oh wait I forgot this was made in one day)

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

This movie is really good.

Brickfilming was made to make kids to think that LEGO could move by itself.

janitor wrote:

as for the plot, its not supposed to make sense. its faithful to the original, which was created in one day by two 11-year-olds trying to come up with an excuse to animate a bar-fight scene.

Fair enough.  A far better plot than I could have invented at age 11. mini/smile 

I wish the original were still around... would've been fun to see it and compare.  Take care.

you should at least add blood in the bar scene.

the story was very kiddish. mini/tongue
but on the whole it was great. mini/wink
(when he was going and giving
flowers to his wife, why was
her name antonio's wife?) mini/confused