Re: Marvel Movies discussion thread

Weighing in on Deadpool, I have seen it, and thought it was really well done. Part of the problem with the trailer, was that they had to tone it down a lot so that people wouldn't be offended if they accidentally stumbled across it.

The movie is very full on. Definitely not a movie to take the kids along to. And Deadpool is definitely not a superhero movie (addressed by Deadpool himself in the film). The humor is something that not everyone will enjoy, but if you don't mind the more adult humor, this movie is one to see.

I knew from the opening credits that it would be a good movie, with no actual names being used, instead a lot of name calling to essential cast and crew.

I personally think the film is a breath of fresh air in the super 'hero' genre, going somewhere where no superhero film has gone.

http://www.cxpulp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=874&d=1279678499
The new KB Videos coming soon.

Deadpool and Logan were game changers not just because of the language, but they were different and unique to the standard formula. Really hope Disney doesn't mess with that. New mutants and Dark Phonix look good too. How is it going to work now? Are the X-men films going to be rebooted or what?

Side note: Fantastic Four really needed the save. 3 films about them, and they are all bad.

They will almost certainly be brought back under the control of the greater Marvel umbrella. The films that are already deep into production will come out, but after Deadpool 2 I fear there is extremely little chance of us ever seeing another R rated Marvel film. I'm a little afraid that Disney will force Deadpool 2 to be toned down in the edit, leaving it in an awkward in-between state that falls totally flat.

I really don't want to see the X-men join the MCU, because I think they work better on their own. To be honest, though, with Disney owning more and more of Hollywood, they're going to have to tone down some of their rules when it comes to everything being PG-13 and whatnot. There is no way the Simpsons or Family Guy will ever change (if anything, the Simpsons will just joke about it), and I think they will remain separate entities when it comes to their content. When it comes to movies like Deadpool, it's so disconnected from the rest of the X-men franchise, it could almost be in it's own universe, which I think would probably happen now. There would be no point toning down Deadpool, because people that don't like the R-rated humour and gore won't bother watching a Deadpool movie, meaning that a PG-13 Deadpool movie would be for pretty much no one. Don't forget that the Netflix shows like Daredevil are in the MCU, and those shows are R-rated!

I got bored with Marvel movies a while ago myself.  DC even more so.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

backyardlegos wrote:

They will almost certainly be brought back under the control of the greater Marvel umbrella. The films that are already deep into production will come out, but after Deadpool 2 I fear there is extremely little chance of us ever seeing another R rated Marvel film. I'm a little afraid that Disney will force Deadpool 2 to be toned down in the edit, leaving it in an awkward in-between state that falls totally flat.

Disney hasn't stopped studios it acquired in the past from making R-rated movies. I don't really see a reason to worry that they'll start now, particularly in the case of Deadpool which was a huge box office success. They're not going to intentionally sabotage their own profits.