Re: Brickfilm classics

I'd say that Walter Benson's That's the Way it Goes! is a classic. No, it's not old yet, but it's still a classic in it's own right.

Brickcrazy wrote:

Soo... like all I wanna know is, can we call Unrenewable a classic now? mini/tongue

All I have to say is:

KinzCove wrote:

Eh Unrenewable is not a classic. Yeah sure it's a little piece of eye candy, but I didn't like it much and I don't think it'd be regarded as a classic.

mini/tongue

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

The complete filmography of the great and powerful Sméagol must always be shown deep reverence and should be required watching for all brickfilmers, new and old, on the 5th Sunday of July. Henceforth, his creations are law, as they rest upon a pedestal leagues higher than the tiers of usual "brickfilm classics."

Spoiler (click to read)

Seriously, though. I've certainly got a soft-spot for both "Unrenewable" and "Crown of Syracuse." Classics they shall be!

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

How is it possible? Eight pages and somebody has yet to mention Dino Crises.

EDIT: And don't forget the almost-as-good remixes by Rich.

Last edited by Filip (November 16, 2016 (01:07pm))

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

Surprised no one has mentioned RevMen's The Battle of New Orleans music video in here. I've always liked that one.

Last edited by Brickcrazy (November 16, 2016 (05:22pm))

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Brickcrazy wrote:

Surprised no one has mentioned RevMen's The Battle of New Orleans music video in here. I've always liked that one.

That now, is a classic.

Not sure if these would be considered as "Clasics" but
American Outlawed and pirates (If that was the correct name)
always seemed like classics to me. (Even though they are relatively new compared to most)

I am supposed to put something here.

Pushing 10 and 8 years respectively isn't really "new" IMO. I'd definitely consider Doug Vandegrift's complete brickfilm filmography to be classics.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Pirates is possibly my favourite brickfillm of all time. Other brickfilms I would consider classics are Copyright, Faithless, Grace and Picturesque!

I was just going through the favorites list on my old YouTube account and stumbled across Major Malfunction, I'm not sure when it made but it looks to be of classical era, maybe an early QC9K animation and is head and shoulders above most brickfilms. The animation is to die for.

Edit: Haha, it's a lot newer then I though, made in 2012, only 4 years old, but I feel like this will hold the test of time better then many other films

Oh man, I love Major Malfunction. I watch it every now and again to pick up some animation tips.

Unfortunately it's blocked in the UK mini/sad

Here you go

I very much agree it will hold the test of time quite well. It's already a classic in my mind, anyway.

Thanks, Sillypenta. I'm pretty sure I've seen this before, probably on the brickfilm archive or something. The animation is so manic and lively. It's so fun to watch!

Timothy R wrote:

I wouldn't count Unrenewable as a classic.

The Citizen of the Year, anyone? mini/bigsmile

I remember that one mini/smile I thoroughly enjoyrd watching it, perhaps I should see it again mini/wink

Splodge wrote:

In my opinion, the classics are The Magic Portal, The Letter, Citizen of the Year, and Robota.

EDIT: and Out of Time.

Robota is also another favourite of mine mini/smile

MindGame wrote:

Threads like this just show me that so few people here are aware of the pre-Bricks In Motion generation. Past brickfilmers such as:

-Jay Silver
-Hali
-Ladon
-Digital Dave
-Protowrx
-The Leftfielders
-Motfilms
-Hoogiman
-4 guys 1 brain
-Bluntman
-The Janitor
-RevMen
-Cometgreen
-JamesFM
-Andrew Boyer/David Lennie
-The Lieberman Bros
-Yellowhead Studios
-Quakefilmdave
-Spite Your Face
-Dewfilms
-Holgor

Great list! Unfortunately the only one there that I am aware of is Spite Your Face, but I may see if I can find any pieces of work done by these people mini/smile

For me, the animations that I have seen which I would consider as 'classics' are the following:

The Magic Portal
Journey to the Moon
Robota
The Citizen of the Year
Magic egg
Lego Star Wars An Average Death Star Day
LEGO Goethe
Egyptian Holiday
Star Wars: Station Tribulations
Star Wars: The Han Solo affair
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
ONE: A Space Odyssey
Spider-Man: The Peril of Doc Ock
Lego my Eggo
The Final Quest
Hastings
The River
Lego Star Wars - Battle of Hoth
The Benny n' Lee series
The Ben and Joe series

I don't know if The Front is really a classic, but it is definitely one I will always remember!

And for anyone who hasn't seen it, you MUST check out Monitogo Studios' BOUND 50 minute lego animation

Mod Note: Please do not post multiple times in succession within a short period of time. (Double Posting) Instead, please use the Edit button to revise your post. ]

Last edited by Dyland (January 5, 2017 (10:53am))

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Spirit stompers? You guys remember that series right?

One: A Space Odyssey I won't consider a classic, but it's one of my personal favorites and hilarious!

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."