Topic: BRAWL 2015 Update Thread

Post all updates on your BRAWL 2015 film here!

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

Re: BRAWL 2015 Update Thread

Got a few ideas floating around in my head and I'm writing them down.  I'm hoping they're not too complex and that I can relate them to the theme.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

So many ideas and stories are flying through my mind. Hopefully I don't bite off more than I can chew. mini/confused

EDIT: I have an okay Idea that I can pull off and am getting my scenery ready

Last edited by The Motion Hero (July 18, 2015 (05:09pm))

I HAVE RETURNED!!!
Youtube
PunBB bbcode test

I thought the theme would be very difficult, but I might have an idea already. I'm glad I didn't already have something in mind to try to bend the theme around.

sillypenta wrote:

I'm glad I didn't already have something in mind to try to bend the theme around.

This is what's kind of happened to me (and also what I did in last year's BRAWL), but I think I may to integrate the theme in my idea quite well.  I just hope I can make my idea simple enough, since in its current state it would probably be too complex to make in a week.

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college

/

Last edited by Noah (May 27, 2017 (01:33pm))

Formerly known as HeliumBrick

Try figuring out a story idea that fits the theme and then writing a script.
After that, film like crazy, (Don't forget the mod elements!) and then edit and upload the movie in a crazed frenzy.
After that, make sure you submit the film to Fun Sucker, and rest easy knowing that you just survived your first BRAWL.

Remember it's only as stressful as you make it. (Which means it'll be incredibly stressful, trust me.)

Well I am getting started on filming my first scene   mini/bigsmile

I HAVE RETURNED!!!
Youtube
PunBB bbcode test

Already?

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Scripting.

I have an Idea and am gonna start writing and building.

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

/

Last edited by Noah (May 27, 2017 (01:31pm))

Formerly known as HeliumBrick

There's no need to double-post, Fall Below Films, especially if your posts are one minute apart like that.  If you forget to add something you can always use the "edit" button.  Generally it's not a good idea to double-post if at all possible unless you genuinely have something useful to add to the conversation, and the topic hasn't been posted in for some time, i.e. a few days at least (though, with a time-limited contest topic like this, you can probably get away with it if it's a few hours apart.)

Anyway, been working on a basic story idea and have started scripting.  I'm still a bit on-the-fence as to whether it will actually work out, but I hope to have a good rough draft by tonight.

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (July 19, 2015 (08:17am))

So far I've been working on stability issues with some of the puppets, as well as trying to make them look nice.  They are coming along slowly but surely.

Next I'll need to work on some sets and lighting.  Because some of the puppets are rather large, I'll have to build sets sizable enough to fit them.

Squid wrote:

So far I've been working on stability issues with some of the puppets, as well as trying to make them look nice.  They are coming along slowly but surely.

Next I'll need to work on some sets and lighting.  Because some of the puppets are rather large, I'll have to build sets sizable enough to fit them.

I'm not personally doing puppets, but I'm glad to see the use of lego puppets in contests is catching on! Good luck, mate!

π Cherry π Banana Cream π Pumpkin π Lemon-Lemon π Black Berry π Quiche π

Would this have anything to do with those robot puppets you designed a while back, Squid?  I'm really excited to see what you'll be doing.

I'm intrigued Squid!
Anywho, I've got all the voicing done, and I'm out of the house for a while, meaning set building will begin tomorrow. Cosmic.

Everything is going miserably, I can't seem to build a set that works or another puppet that works.  I am considering throwing it all away and getting a fresh start.  But I'll have to develop a new idea.

Struggling to think of ideas!  But this theme is excellent.

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png

Squid wrote:

a fresh start

Wrong contest