Topic: What was the last TV show you watched?

Why not? We have one for movies

Re: What was the last TV show you watched?

I'll start.

Kamen Rider Decade
I've only seen the first episode, and since I'm not familiar with the series I had to look up some info on the last few seasons, but overall this was very cool. I'm kind of into the tokusatsu genre anyway (though ironically I like Power Rangers but find Super Sentai a real challenge) so I knew I'd enjoy Kamen Rider, but I didn't expect to be as hooked as I am.

Would recommend. The first two episodes of Kamen Rider Decade were released for free, it seems, so you can find them on the Tube of You.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Person of Interest
It's finally back on TV and it's in my opinion the best show on American television right now.  It's really good.  Like seriously guys.

Sleepy Hallow
It's barely decent enough to watch but I still watch it anyway.
One of the actors is so bad at acting that it's painful to see her on screen.  That's the only really major problem, though.

Legends
Another relatively decent show, but whoever is in charge of the lighting needs a big slap in the face.  Usually I don't notice bad lighting but this bad lighting stands out so much it hurts.  There's a great overuse of super bright artificial overhead spotlights and almost every shot that doesn't have an overhead spotlight has sunlight shining through the window at a very level angle as if they can only shoot in the early morning of late day.  Sure using it once or twice would be okay but when it's done ALL THE TIME it becomes unsettling.

Gotham
More or less of what I expected. A simple cop drama show that provides hints to batman's future. I doubt Gordon will not be able to find the wayne killer for a whole season, or else the show will get boring. So, I don't know what the writers are going to do.

Agents of SHIELD
Definitely not the same show from last season. Way better too. It's dark, and gritty. The show haves vastly improved since the winter soldier movie events occurred. Coulson isn't the same now that he is in charge of SHIELD. I'm excited to see what is in store for Ward after you betrayed the group, and what is going to happen to Fitz now that he is brain-damaged.

The Middle.
It's the way a real household is, where they try to keep up with everything breaking down, or messes forming!  One scene the mother teaches how to do the laundry: "First, get a fresh piece of duct tape ready to hold the lid down."

I watched a rerun last night on Hallmark Channel.  Also tuned in to the season primeires of Big Bang Theory (my guilty pleasure), The Middle, The Goldbergs, and the Glenn beck anniversary special.  For new shows, that's about all I'm excited to watch.  I did want to check out Scorpion, too, but I already watched an hour & rarely can sit in front of the TV for two hours straight.

Good thread idea.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Nothing

Literally, I haven't watched TV in over a year. Shocking, I know.

Mythbusters
Saw the Star Wars special one. Was quite funny and interesting.

Gravity Falls
Such a good show.  Great characters, great stories, great animation.

I've started watching some new shows I haven't yet seen, so here:

Breaking Bad
So far I've watched the first three episodes, and it is absolutely fantastic. ...And the Bag's in the River is my favorite episode so far; the entire scene between Walter and Krazy 8 had some excellent and suspenseful writing, and the whole episode was very immerse. I cannot wait to watch more of this show.

The Walking Dead
The pilot was great. It established some fantastic atmosphere along with some interesting characters and a great perspective that made the whole thing feel very subjective. The second episode didn't hold up though IMO; the dialogue seemed ridiculously bland at times and the atmosphere was not as realistic and gritty as in the pilot. I read the first volume of the comic books, so I pretty much know about the major things that happen in the first season, but I'll still continue with the show; I just hope the plot and atmosphere hold up.

The Office
The first two episodes have been hilarious so far; the acting is really what drives the show. The whole cast is brilliantly funny.

And I've also finally finished Vikings.
This whole show is a dream come true; the execution is what every show should follow. Beautiful cinematography, brilliant performances, and most importantly, show don't tell. I feel like a lot of shows dismiss this rule, which is what makes most of them bland and uninteresting. I can't wait for 2015.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Gotham
The first episode is pretty good. It was a bit rushed and stuff though. Not much else to say about it.
6.5/10

How to Get Away with Murder
I found this show very intriguing, it kept me wondering, I really liked it.
8.5/10

Gravity Falls (2012-)
Episode 26: Soos and the Real Girl

Really awesome, and hilarious. But, I always question the show's airing on the Disney Channel. Most of these episodes might frighten younger children. And this episode could have been a little too scary for them. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed this episode, and there was a lot of great comedic timing.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

jampot wrote:

I'll start.

Kamen Rider Decade
I've only seen the first episode, and since I'm not familiar with the series I had to look up some info on the last few seasons, but overall this was very cool. I'm kind of into the tokusatsu genre anyway (though ironically I like Power Rangers but find Super Sentai a real challenge) so I knew I'd enjoy Kamen Rider, but I didn't expect to be as hooked as I am.

I do have to agree with you on the Super Sentai front. Atleast with the more recent series, a lot of them can tend to blend together and feel very similar after a while. With Kamen Rider, most of the different series have their own really unique story twists and such to keep them fresh.

Now onto my watchings:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

This show was basically my entire summer. I started watching a few episodes back in December, before dropping off. But once I decided to give the series another go in June, I was completely hooked. The series just keeps getting better and better with each passing season (about to finish season 5 now, btw) and I love it more and more each episode. Of course, since this is a Joss Weadon production, characters are a big part of it. People told me when I started that I wouldn't like certain characters, but honestly every single character feels like they have a purpose and at least will get less annoying as they progress, which is something I can't say for a lot of shows.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Buffy is my favourite show of all time. I even did a paper on it for my Film Studies coursework last year.

Season six is a bit meh, but its finale and seven makes up for it completely.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

im loving ARROW right now.. mini/bigsmile

Gotham
It's the first episode so I'll reserve judgement but I guess the hype over it resulted in a bit of a let down.  The villain characters, though, are worth watching.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Post-H.Y.D.R.A. has changed many of these characters and the status quo.

Person of Interest
Brave new world.  It's a different kind of show now.  Who will win in this battle of A.I. gods?

https://i.imgur.com/4b9NnS3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GUIl0qk.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ox64uld.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/v3iyhE5.png

I turned on the set.  Almost NOTHING was on.  I found the Lone Ranger on Angel 2 (pretty high in the 200 range of my subscription) and enjoyed that.  He got stuck caring for a baby.  Funny!

Strangely, I watched one segment of Dexter's Laboratory earlier that day, and Dexter accidentally turned his parents into babies, and DeeDee was caring for them, if you call the job she did "caring"!

This morning a new news channel appeared in the lineup: Newsmax.  I watched a clip from "Richard" Morris' show. (He was Bill Clinton's advisor).  [I typed Richard though he's not known by that name because his name came up as censored because it's the same spelling as a bad word].  Gonna watch Alf later.

Last edited by HoldingOurOwn (September 29, 2014 (09:27am))

Anyone watched the new zombie series, Z Nation??, Its refreshing to see some action again in a zombie series again. So I quite like it so far. The Walking Dead was getting dull before series 4. Hopefully the new walking dead will be good in a week or two.

Enjoyed a classic "Everybody Loves Raymond" episode, where the family was trying to find the underlying psychological raeson Robert touches food to his chin before he eats it.

SHOWS THAT I AM SICK OF and am happy if I never watch again
1) Shows about the pursuit of ghosts
2) Shows about monsters
3) Shows about people living in the wilderness
4) Shows about people living in the wilderness in pursuit of monsters
5) Shows about naked people
6) Shows about naked people living in the wilderness
7) Shows about people living in the wilderness in pursuit of naked monsters
B) Anything with Honey Boo Boo

I really really want to watch Season 3 of Person of Interest.

LOST

Just finished watching the entire show, minus a few episodes I missed here and there.  The first few seasons/series were excellent, but I feel that the show went downhill quite a bit after the third season, especially after

Spoiler (click to read)

they killed off Mr Eko and Charlie.  What makes it even worse is that Charlie's death has got to be the most easily preventable character death in the history of television.  Seriously, there are about a dozen ways he could have easily escaped the underwater station (HE COULD HAVE EASILY SWUM THROUGH THE FREAKING PORTHOLE!).

It got interesting afterwards in the fourth and fifth seasons--I especially liked the character of Daniel Faraday

Spoiler (click to read)

though he got killed off as well...).

The final season was all right, but the plot was very messily tied up, and I found the whole Jacob and Man-in-Black thing kinda cheesy and thought the tone of it didn't fit very well with the rest of the show.  I get that finales are generally difficult to pull off, especially in TV shows, where the audience has much more time to get to know the characters, but I still think LOST's finale could have been handled much better.  It was an interesting idea, but it left several massive plot holes and important questions that should have been answered.

Spoiler (click to read)

If I understand correctly, Jack died saving the island and went to the afterlife or whatever, finally making peace with his father and being together with all his friends.  But what about Jack in the alt-universe where Flight 815 never crashed?  Did he die, or cease to exist, or did he and the Jack on the island somehow merge together?  The same goes for all the other characters, not to mention the Locke/"Smokey" thing and "Dr" Linus.  I found the characterization of Linus in the final season to be really uneven--he goes from murderous psycho killer to good guy helper in the space of about an episode.  Also, the temple with the magical healing waters was never explained, or why pregnant women suddenly start dying on the island when people have been born there for ages without any apparent problem, or what exactly the Dharma Initiative really was, or a whole bunch of other stuff... such as how a tiny Cessna managed to fly from Nigeria all the way to the South Pacific.

However, I do love the characters, all of whom are really unique and well-written (although Jack at times is slightly cheesy, and the whole Kate/Jack/Sawyer love triangle is kinda predictable).  Locke and Sawyer especially go through interesting character development throughout the show.  Benjamin Linus is a very interesting antagonist--he's ruthless and highly adept at manipulating people, yet at times he doesn't seem entirely villainous (it doesn't hurt that he was played by Michael Emerson, either).  He's probably one of my new favourite villains.

To conclude, while there a lot of great things about this show, and the first few seasons are definitely worth checking out, I'm not sure if it's worth watching to the end.  I kinda feel like the creators had a bunch of cool characters and really awesome ideas and decided to throw it all together but forgot to keep a strong plot in there as well.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

FlyingMinifig wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

If I understand correctly, Jack died saving the island and went to the afterlife or whatever, finally making peace with his father and being together with all his friends.  But what about Jack in the alt-universe where Flight 815 never crashed?  Did he die, or cease to exist, or did he and the Jack on the island somehow merge together?

Spoiler (click to read)

The alternative universe where Flight 815 never crashed was the afterlife in which all of the characters reunited. This universe, while parallel to what was happening on the Island in the show, actually happened after all of the characters that appeared in this alternative universe died (or at least the people who reunited in the church). Many people, including one of my friends who I have lead a year-long argument on this, have been mislead by this ending and have ended up believing all of the characters actually died in the crash and that the Island was some sort of a purgatory.

But I fully agree with pretty much everything you've said. The show went downhill in the fourth season, and the first three seasons are really the reason it has become one of my favorite shows. The first three seasons introduced some awesomely written characters and incredibly exciting mysteries, but as you said, all of those great ideas were sort of thrown together ending up as a big ball of bleh. I think that if at least some of the major answers and plot-points had been planned ahead, the show could have ended on a much better note.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.