Topic: Lighting Test 2 - The return of the lighting tests!

Hello,
Here's another test of lighting.

MediaFire .MOV
YouTube HD
Vimeo

Note that some frames might have come in the wrong order, so animation wise, this wasn't great either...

Feel free to comment.

-Antifaan

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Antifaan/KISS/kiss_banner_2.jpg

Re: Lighting Test 2 - The return of the lighting tests!

uhhhh...could havve been better

There are some very noticeable light flickers and animation bumps, but besides that the lighting and cinematography was good.

As an animation test, this would be more than questionable, but as far as lighting goes, very nicely done. Personally, I would've reflected a little more light back onto the sheriff's face in the first shot, but otherwise, excellent. Very realistic, at least for a little plastic world.

And livinglego? Not only is that comment completely unhelpful but also laughably hypocritical.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

When firing a gun in a dark shot like that it really helps to hit the fig shooting the gun with a flashlight for about two frames, then it looks like the gun is lighting up the whole set.

Hmm, I cannot see how to do that and make it look good...
The flashlight would light too much up.

As for the animation, the fails (or the ones I noticed myself) was caused by software failing and this wasn't an animation test anyways.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Antifaan/KISS/kiss_banner_2.jpg

Well, the lighting was beautiful, but the animation wasn't. You already know what I think of the animation so I'll not bother saying. The gunshot was a bit hard to see, but it wasn't too bad. A nice little test mini/wink.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Antifaan, I do this in just about every movie I make, what I do is take some tin foil and wrap it around the flashlight in a long tube to make the beam thinner, then I aim it at the gun being shot from as close to the direction that is being shot at as I can get, it really adds a lot of life to gunshots.  It will look really bright, but only for two seconds, and it will look really awesome.