Re: Weed Cops - THAC 6

Even grading it without his other films though, I didn't much enjoy it. I get that he put in the cursing to make it fit the time period, but that doesn't change my opinion. I just didn't find it (the film) funny. Nothing will really change that.

Last edited by Squash (January 8, 2009 (06:02pm))

I put in the cursing because it's supposed to sound natural, and rather that it didn't become an issue.

I'm not making it an issue. I don't care about the cursing. That doesn't matter to me. I just said that on a whole I didn't enjoy the film. My lack of enjoyment had nothing to do with the questionable material, just the film itself.

Great film Night Owl! And btw, you people act as if you've never heard a curse word before, my gosh...

Last edited by Crbdudeman (January 8, 2009 (05:41pm))

"Thank you very little..."

That was EPIC mini/lol

Pretty good show Night Owl.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/RockyFS/things/sigbim1_copy.jpg

-Available to answer questions on Hardware, Software, and Audio. Also, I recommend checking out the offical Free Software List

This was great, especially the voices and dialogue. GOOD WORK

-Tripod /|\

Teh Tripod has teh extra boost.

I am devoted to proving that the brickfilm art can be just as serious, emotional, and entertaining as anything in the professional film industry.

lil'jj wrote:

That was EPIC mini/lol

What was the article, as Wikipedia deleted it.

Littlebrick wrote:
Krick wrote:

Man up, Littlebrick.

Let me see; man up, or keep my morales straight. I think I'll take the latter.

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!
I hated the fact that they even put night owl in the top three. the should put content moderation for THAC, tor the sake of younger veiwers, I know some 5 year olds who go to the site, ya think that after they watch this film, the parents will want to hear them say damn and other words related to that context?

livinglego wrote:

I hated the fact that they even put night owl in the top three.

Whether or not there was questionable content, we did not feel it was bad enough to warrant disqualifying. We judge not based on how well it fits your or my system of beliefs, but on how technically good it is.

- Leo

livinglego wrote:

I hated the fact that they even put night owl in the top three. the should put content moderation for THAC, tor the sake of younger veiwers, I know some 5 year olds who go to the site, ya think that after they watch this film, the parents will want to hear them say damn and other words related to that context?

And how are you doing today, brianfast?

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

livinglego wrote:

I think it's important to point out that THAC is not officially a part of BricksinMotion.com, it is an informal contest run by volunteers on the site.  While this film isn't to my own taste either, the rating system does rely heavily on technical qualities of a film.  Content has been less of a problem in past THAC contests, probably partly because of this there were no restrictions in place.

I agree that it's not an ideal situation, but the film did have a content warning.  There's not much a website can do to keep kids whose parents have given them unrestricted access to the internet from accessing offensive content if they're going to disregard warnings, anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Sméagol wrote:

I agree that it's not an ideal situation, but the film did have a content warning.  There's not much a website can do to keep kids whose parents have given them unrestricted access to the internet from accessing offensive content if they're going to disregard warnings, anyway.

I respect that, can't you try your hardest to not allow this type of content at ALL?!

But wouldn't it be better for someone to say "Dammit!" after getting punched than "Owie that hurt"?

Depends who. Me, I would probably say "Dammit!" and attack the guy. My little brother would day "Oww!" Tell the teacher. My youngest brother would cry for a minute and then get distracted (He's now 2). When he was 1, we'd imitate him: "Waaaah!...Waaaah...Boy!...Waaaah! Waaah...Dog!...

...you get it

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Realism was optional in the 70's

yeah

I cant believe this... I  personally really enjoyed the film. Besides there is a content warning, its not like its the sites fault for allowing this film when the average age of its members are old enough to atleast make the right desicion to watch or whatever. I dont know why people are whining about some of the content in this film when some other brickfilms that others have probably seen are quite a bit worse, besides, theres a censored version.

Anywho... I think you nailed the whole atmosphere of the video very well. And the point of it being about weed, i think, added to the whole comedic take on the 70's style cop show. I think the atmosphere was much more believable because of your choice of music, which worked well with it.
Animation was ok, but i've seen better from you, but of course for being made in such a short amout of time, its splendid! I liked the film and yadayada... Good stuff. I'm excited for your next "longer" film.

Watever, I still think that this is an unacceptable film to post.

Jeez, there was an edited version and a huge warning.