Topic: Brickflickers

The Brickflickers

Hello everyone,
First off as a disclaimer (or whatever) this isn't like a Brickity Split sort website; it's more of a multi purpose brickfilmers blog, run by myself and Sean, with hopefully more admins/reviewers to be appointed. We share a variety of outlets such as interviews with brickfilmers, reviews of brickfilms, and a monthly podcast. We're still very much in the fetus stage, there is a lot of tweaking left to do, but we reckon its fairly publishable. We have our first couple of articles (excluding the welcomes) where we have an interview I did with Chris W, and a review from Sean of The Front, by twickabrick.

We're also in the process of recording our first in a series of monthly(?) podcasts.

A bit thing is is that we're trying to include our audience as much as possible, reviewing a range of brickfilms, not just the big ones, from a range of animators, and interviewing all types of people from the community. Have a big project coming up? Let us know! I'm creating a twitter and e-mail for us too so you can contact us more easily, or in the thread here.

Cheers for reading and please leave us any feedback in the comment section below!

EDIT: Lucas Mass is our third Admin. He'll be giving us a hand in all sections of the website. We're just waiting on Sean to add him to the list of admins.

Last edited by Onion (January 9, 2014 (02:09pm))

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Re: Brickflickers

Sounds good mini/smile

I was staring at that skype conversation when this idea was initiated. Thus I have superficial connection to it, and consequentially, I'd like to see it hopefully come into fruition.

I wouldn't mind contributing or guest reviewing one day if possible/if you like. Preferably when I have some content up and don't seem like a complete hypocrite. Anyways, good luck.

PS pls change that header font on the website, I know it is only a foetus, but still. It gave my eyes nightmares.

I really like this idea, I'll read the blog!  How often do you expect to have posts of any kind; reviews, interviews, other articles, etc.?
When the Twitter is up and running will you Tweet each time you have something new and will that be its only purpose, what will you use that for?
You know, if you need any WIP films later down the road it's not like I'm working on a Knights' Kingdom brickfilm or anything... mini/wink

JonnDthunDer wrote:

I really like this idea, I'll read the blog!  How often do you expect to have posts of any kind; reviews, interviews, other articles, etc.?
When the Twitter is up and running will you Tweet each time you have something new and will that be its only purpose, what will you use that for?
You know, if you need any WIP films later down the road it's not like I'm working on a Knights' Kingdom brickfilm or anything... mini/wink

Well the podcast will be monthly, an hour or two of us talking about the most interesting brickfilms in the past month, discussing some recent contests or festival (or just general brickfilmy stuff)
The Twitter will probably be used as a reminder when we record the podcast, when a new article is up for the most part but we will obviously try to find more uses of it which won't be very hard cause Twitter can be very time consuming if you are someone that likes to share opinions more often than an article and a monthly podcast.

Now the amount of times we will post an article will definitely vary but reviews are a relatively easy thing to write when it comes to a 5-10 minute long brickfilm so you can expect that to be pretty active.

Carousel wrote:

PS pls change that header font on the website, I know it is only a foetus, but still. It gave my eyes nightmares.

Sean Warton is currently working on a logo that will most definitely restore your faith in eyesight

Last edited by Lucas (January 9, 2014 (04:03pm))

More interviews with brickfilmers!  Yay!

Remind me to keep an eye on this. Looks interesting! mini/smile

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

I plan on putting up at least 1-2 written reviews a week. Unsure about video reviews as of right now though.

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

Nice work. I'll be reading this.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

This looks great, I've got it bookmarked and I'll try to keep up with you guys. mini/wink

Awesome! I'll definitely check the blog regularly.

That's good. Keep up the good work!

I'd love to help pitch in in any way I can, if you require the services of a reviewer/writer I would certainly be willing to be of assistance.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

FlyingMinifig wrote:

I'd love to help pitch in in any way I can, if you require the services of a reviewer/writer I would certainly be willing to be of assistance.

Thank you for your feedback but for the moment our staff is sufficient. Maybe you might be featured at some stage on the podcast or something?

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

FlyingMinifig wrote:

How about...

No ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Onion wrote:

Thank you for your feedback but for the moment our staff is sufficient. Maybe you might be featured at some stage on the podcast or something?

OK, no problem.  If you ever need any more writers then please don't hesitate to drop me a line if you feel thus inclined.

Incidentally, how does the podcast thing work?  Is it basically for vocal interviews?  Or would I talk about my favourite brickfilms, my thoughts on recent brickfilms, etc. or something along those lines?  Either way I would feel quite honoured to be featured on an interview/podcast.

CarrollFilms wrote:
FlyingMinifig wrote:

How about...

No ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-01/enhanced/webdr02/6/17/anigif_enhanced-buzz-25467-1389049131-2.gif

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (January 11, 2014 (04:17am))

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college

Double post thing, sorry.

CarrollFilms wrote:
FlyingMinifig wrote:

How about...

No ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-01/enhanced/webdr02/6/17/anigif_enhanced-buzz-25467-1389049131-2.gif

http://static.tumblr.com/6xcoz8o/xchlykw7q/mycroft.gif

Should have some sort of weekly Animation tip or trick, Or something about software maybe tutorials.

I find those to be quite interesting reads.

And would be useful for any new goers.

I plan on doing one of those once a week starting some time rather soon.

Tutorials that is.