Re: Brickflickers

Great start gentlemen! Glad to see another forum for discussing brickfilms.

Lucas wrote:

Atm (for my reviews at least), I've chosen brickfilms that I feel deserve more attention so that's why mine have been fairly positive ("The Motel" and "Indiana Scones", I didn't write the other reviews.) but once I'm done with that I'm gonna go more for the brickfilms that should be reviewed closer and more in-depth.

To avoid this confusion, perhaps you can create official labels for all the posts. The item you discussed above could be considered a "Spotlight", with the purpose of bringing attention to lesser known films. This, of course, differs from a "Review", which is a critical analysis of a film. All posts should fall into a general category (i.e. News, Tutorial, Review, Contest, etc.). It would be great if the website then had the functionality to group all categorized posts (similar to the current archive tab) so a user could see links for all Reviews or News stories that have ever been posted to the site.

If it was already mentioned earlier in this thread I apologize for the redundancy, but, as I'm sure you're aware, a steady stream of new content drives traffic. Strive to develop a regular schedule for new posts (New Review Wednesday, Spotlight Friday, etc.). It's easier said than done, but it goes a long way in fostering user loyalty and building your overall audience.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to future posts.

TCOTY Entry: The Perks of Being TCOTY
ToY Entry: Secrets of the Lost Tomb
Please visit me on the YouTubes!
Care to follow me on the Twitter?

AlNickelsFilms wrote:

Glad to see another forum for discussing brickfilms.

Last time I checked, Brickflickers wasn't a forum. It's merely a blog.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:
AlNickelsFilms wrote:

Glad to see another forum for discussing brickfilms.

You would be correct; AND IT'S MINE!!!

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

you're so conceited caroll

you're so conceited ;-;

People huddle around, I've had a seemingly brilliant realisation:

Why not create a pointless flickr account for brickflickers? It could be called 'Brickflickers on Flickr'

Carousel wrote:

Why not create a pointless flickr account for brickflickers? It could be called 'Brickflickers on Flickr'

have an album about light flicker. "brickfilckers on flickr deal with light flicker, bring the liquor, don't get sicker, you'll go to the doctor's and get a sticker. don't be a stickler. my stomach is feelin ick-er. got a crickler in my back"

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Mickey wrote:

I think you're selecting too narrow of a definition of the word 'forum' to interpret my comment friend, but I understand why, since we are currently posting in a forum.

/I think this forum is acting as a forum for discussing forums.
//what about fora?

AlNickelsFilms wrote:
Mickey wrote:

I think you're selecting too narrow of a definition of the word 'forum' to interpret my comment friend, but I understand why, since we are currently posting in a forum.

/I think this forum is acting as a forum for discussing forums.
//what about fora?

Blog: noun
a personal website or web page on which an individual records opinions, links to other sites, etc. on a regular basis.

Pretty sure that fits Brickflickers.

Forum: noun
a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Pretty sure that fits Bricks in Motion.

Chris W. wrote:

Blog: noun
a personal website or web page on which an individual records opinions, links to other sites, etc. on a regular basis.

Pretty sure that fits Brickflickers.

a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Pretty sure that fits Bricks in Motion.

Again, too narrow. What about these definitions:

A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.

A public place, typically devoted to communication or expression.

Pretty sure any blog fits both those definitions of forum. 'Voicing of ideas' can be one-way. 'Expression' can be one-way. A forum usually does include 'audience participation' and an 'exchange of ideas' but it is not a requirement of a forum, when speaking in the general sense of the word.

Granted, when considering definitions that specify their context as being related to the internet, Brickflickers is considered a blog and not a forum. However, in the more general definition of the word forum, Brickflickers is a forum for the contributors/creators of the site.

Man, now I'm exhausted.

I don't want to lose sight of the sentiment of my original post: congratulations to the creators of Brickflickers and I look forward to future postings!

Chris W. wrote:

you're so conceited caroll

you're so conceited ;-;

Don't forget about my high ego

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

Bump?  Bump. 

I ran across this when searching for a different thread, is this done for?  I really liked what you had going when it first started and you guys were active with it, but it appears to have died in February without much explanation.