Topic: Christmas in a Minute: Brickfilming COMPETITION 2012 [CLOSED-Judging]

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-0iaryHPx8Ys/ULewTVDa1xI/AAAAAAAAIeQ/Zl-5ABWoaKk/s800/Christmas%2520Contest%2520Banner-01.jpg

Hello everyone and welcome to the first ever Christmas in a Minute Brickfilming Competition! The idea is simple: make a 1 minute or less Christmas themed short film that can stand out and claim a victory. Watch the announcement video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyt6mY8uL00

PRIZES:

1st - LEGO Architecture: Empire State Building SET (21002)
2nd - LEGO The Lord of the Rings: Gandalf Arrives SET (9469)
3rd - Two LEGO Minifigures from one of the Series

RULES:

1.) Entries must have a Christmas theme. They do not have to be religious, so you can choose whether to go for a traditional approach or a secular one.

2.) Entries must be 1 minute or less, with a minimum length of 20 seconds. There is an additional 5 second grace window which can be used for credits or whatever is needed, however entries must not exceed a run time of 1:05. (1 minute and 5 seconds) There has been some trouble in past competitions with a video having an additional second or two added when uploaded to YouTube. This is completely fine, just keep entries in the allotted time window.

3.) All entries must be family friendly, i.e. no explicit material. (sexual references, offensive language, or bloody violence) If you think your video has any chances of being disqualified due to this, contact me to provide details and I’ll let you know ahead of time whether the content is acceptable.

4.) Entries must be new and not previously released. If you are already working on a Christmas video and decide it would work to enter it into this contest, that is fine.

5.) The Contest's Logo must be put in the credits or title section of your video (either the animated version or the still image provided below). This is to further help to makes sure videos are new and not released before the contest was started. For emphasis: Your entry MUST contain the Contest's Logo. To download the animated logo or the still image, visit the following link, choose which one you want, then click "File", "Download": https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B1ipu … VlNm8/edit

6.) Copyrighted material is not permitted. You must have all of the appropriate rights to use any content that is featured in your entry. If something is in question, you may be asked to provide the license to the material and where you got it. Some great resources for royalty-free, creative commons music that can be used would be Incompetech.com and MachinimaSound.com. For sound effects, try FreeSound.Org, however be sure to look at the individual license for each sound you use.

7.) Only one entry per person will be accepted.

8.) Entries must be primarily stop-motion animation and use LEGO or some similar brick toy.

Deadline for submitting entries will be Christmas Eve, Monday, December 24th at 11:59pm Eastern (NY).

JUDGING:

Judging will be conducted by a panel of three:
- Myself
- Harrison Allen (AnnoyingNoisesProductions)
- another person not on these forums (to give an outside perspective on the films)
Judges will evaluate entries in the follow categories: Originality, Story, Animation, Audio, Set Design, and Incorporation of Theme.

SUBMISSION Details:

- Submissions will be accepted via YouTube video response or by sending a link to your film via e-mail or PM. My e-mail is [email protected], but I would recommend submitting it one of the other ways if possible to avoid problems.
- To submit your entry via YouTube video response, go to the contest announcement video and make your entry a video response to the announcement video.
- Once your submission has been received, I will contact you confirming that I have received your entry. If you have submitted an entry and do not receive a confirmation within a day, please post to this thread letting me know, as I will be monitoring this thread quite frequently. You may also comment on the video announcement for the contest to let me know.

ADDITIONAL Info:

I reserve the right to disqualify any entry if I deem it unacceptable. I also reserve the right to adjust and change rules, prizes, and anything else pertaining to the contest at my discretion. By submitting an entry, you agree to the rules for the competition and agree to not hold me liable for anything in any way.

Prizes will be shipped out in the weeks following the end of the contest. More details on the receiving of prizes will be provided to the winners. If you are a winner that is under the age of 18, please seek permission from your parents before accepting prizes and before giving out shipping information.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask them here, send me a PM, tweet me, or e-mail me at [email protected]. The quickest way to get in contact with me will be via this thread or by Twitter, as I will be monitoring both frequently. You can find me on twitter: @repellingspider

Good luck and may the best video win!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-lclgtQjTOUc/ULewsd_lU7I/AAAAAAAAIeg/jyQ-mpOSpEI/s640/christmas%2520contest%2520logo%2520final-01.jpg

Last edited by Repelling Spider (December 25, 2012 (08:07am))

Re: Christmas in a Minute: Brickfilming COMPETITION 2012 [CLOSED-Judging]

Well, I have both of those prizes. But, I still might enter. mini/smile

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Hmm this sounds interesting. I had considered making a short vid for Christmas and this contest could encourage me to do so mini/smile I'll see how things go

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

Dang, I wish I could find the time to enter this... mini/sad
I think I'll sit this out. (now I can say that since I'll be entering THAC X)

JonnDthunDer wrote:

Dang, I wish I could find the time to enter this... mini/sad
I think I'll sit this out. (now I can say that since I'll be entering THAC X)

This contest will be over before THAC X even begins. Deadline for submitting entries is  Christmas Eve, December 24. Also, entries will be pretty short considering the maximum length is only a minute. mini/smile

Hmm...the only time I MIGHT have a chance to enter would be the weekend of the 22nd.  Which would be cutting it really close. 
I've gotten a little behind in Biology and Alegbra because of the Shrouded Past (my movie for a high school film class.  11 minutes at 15 fps in just about a month...) I'll have to use most of Christmas break to catch up.

I'll see what I can do.  It's a possibility, not very likely, but it's possible. 
Good luck to all the animators!

Definitely focus on school first! Best of luck with catching up and with THAC if you enter!

Oh this sounds great! I couldn't come up with a good idea for a Christmas brickfilm, so I decided to just make a Christmas themed entry to THAC X, but I'll be out of town the day it's happening; so it's great this is up. It also gives me some nice ideas, hopefully I'll enter.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Entering this! mini/bigsmile

Imagine my face right now as Tobias's profile picture.

~Hal

I'd love to enter, the question is, will I have time in the three days after I get back from school? I'll try my best. mini/smile

Looks great. mini/smile

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

So many contests! I should by a calender. But in all seriousness, I love contests.

LEGOs, Soccer, Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and other completely irrelevant things.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8048/8104309919_8e4b6257b7.jpg
YouTube Flickr

I'll have a shot at this contest.

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png

If I have the time I'd love to enter. It looks like it could be really fun.

Thanks for organizing this neat contest. mini/smile

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

You should let first place choose which prize he or she wants, then second place then third.

I'd enter just to get third prize. I like this, although I'm not sure I can enter any contest these days.

Hmm... I may actually give this one a go

EDIT: Although all my ideas are probably gonna be too big to fit into one minute so I should just make a 5 minute video and speed it up LOL

Last edited by Lucas (November 30, 2012 (01:57pm))

Glad so many are considering entering! Only 23 more days left to create and submit! mini/smile

Damn, Im in the middle of a christmas film right now. Didnt know there was a competition. So you cant use any christmas music then? Because of the copyright.