Re: Christmas in a Minute: Brickfilming COMPETITION 2012 [CLOSED-Judging]

Uhm... I still haven't come up with an idea that would fit into a minute...

Noobster Studios wrote:

Damn, Im in the middle of a christmas film right now. Didnt know there was a competition. So you cant use any christmas music then? Because of the copyright.

Not at all, there are plenty of pieces of Christmas music that aren't copyrighted. Look under Holiday music on Incompetech.com for some examples and pieces you could use.

It's still early in the contest and we've had our first entry submitted as of yesterday. Hope to see the entries start coming in now. mini/smile

Here Noobster Studios
You can use this stuff as long as you credit him properly (still read all the legal info)
http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-fr … re=Holiday

EDIT:  Sorry repellingspider, I didn't refresh my browser for a while.

There is a slim chance I may be able to enter this...I'm working on it.  If I do, it will be very unique, trust me!

Last edited by JonnDthunDer (December 6, 2012 (12:44pm))

Hmm... I have a great idea for a Christmas film, but I think it'd be nearly impossible to pack into one minute.  Is there any specific reason why the maximum length is one minute?

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Don't underestimate the power of a minute long film. Think short and sweet and maybe you'll get a cracker-jack idea for a film that could take the contest by storm. mini/smile

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Repelling Spider wrote:
Noobster Studios wrote:

Damn, Im in the middle of a christmas film right now. Didnt know there was a competition. So you cant use any christmas music then? Because of the copyright.

Not at all, there are plenty of pieces of Christmas music that aren't copyrighted. Look under Holiday music on Incompetech.com for some examples and pieces you could use.

It's still early in the contest and we've had our first entry submitted as of yesterday. Hope to see the entries start coming in now. mini/smile

Ohh great, then maybe I will submit an entry.

Im done with my entry! Can I publish it now or do I have to wait after the 24:th?

Exactly 2 more weeks to submit your entries! mini/smile Remember, get them in before Christmas Eve at 11:59pm Eastern

Oh gosh I better get on it! :U
I really want to do this right.

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

Mine is up! I set it! Enjoy!  www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8eXl8ytLF4

We've got several entries in now! Check them out in this YouTube playlist I created for the contest. There is still plenty of time to enter the competition and have a chance to win one of the prizes. Come up with a Christmas idea and get filming!

Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL … e=view_all

I watched a few of the current entries and got totally motivated! As long as Noobster Studios is around I know I will not win this contest, but I bet it will be good practice for me. Even though this is finals week I get out of school at 12:15 every day so I will have plenty of time. Expect to hear from me!

topitmunkeydog wrote:

I watched a few of the current entries and got totally motivated! As long as Noobster Studios is around I know I will not win this contest, but I bet it will be good practice for me. Even though this is finals week I get out of school at 12:15 every day so I will have plenty of time. Expect to hear from me!

What? mini/tongue I wasn't that satisfied with our movie and Im happy if we get in the top 3. There's alot of good movies in this competition. mini/smile

I only saw like five entries and out of all of them Christmas Thieves was my favorite. It was just so adorable!! mini/cat

topitmunkeydog wrote:

I only saw like five entries and out of all of them Christmas Thieves was my favorite. It was just so adorable!! mini/cat

Thanks! mini/bigsmile

We've received 10 entries so far and the competition is heating up! You still have 1 more week to create and submit a 20-60 second Christmas animation. If you want to see the entries so far, check out this YouTube playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL … e=view_all

Would it be all right to use a cropped version of the "Christmas in a Minute" logo in an entry? Also, could I use a paper cut-out version of the logo and place it somewhere in my set?

Yup! Both would be acceptable as long as the logo can be seen somewhere. mini/smile

I started filming my entry and I am not loving it especially because my concept is neither unique nor interesting. If I finish it I will still submit it to the contest but I am less motivated than I was before.

On another note, I found a list of which songs are and are not in the public domain, which may be convenient for those of you looking to use christmas carols in your film. (All the good ones are not.)

Darn, I would have entered but I have a lack of ideas, time, and bricks. Also, I'm in the middle of a film right now, though the theme has no relation to Christmas at all, so that's that. Great idea, though! I'll do it next year if there is one next year. mini/smile

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag121/CavemanIncorporated/BiM_Sig_Monkey_zpse6d51622.jpg