Re: Christmas in a Minute: Brickfilming COMPETITION 2012 [CLOSED-Judging]

Now if I can move/finish this Brickfilm Fight, I'd be happy to whip up something. I tend to have thrown together films anyways. mini/tongue

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

13 entries have been submitted so far! 4 more days remaining to create/submit your entries! mini/smile

I think I'm more than likely out of this, just not enough time to get it done. mini/sad

Just uploaded my entry! You can view it here (it kinda sucks mini/cat )

Last edited by topit (December 20, 2012 (08:29pm))

topitmunkeydog wrote:

Just uploaded my entry! You can view it here (it kinda sucks mini/cat )

It does not suck.  It almost brought a tear to my eye.  Good job!

Aww, thanks mini/cat

Is there a way I could use an "inverted" version of the logo? A variant with white text and black backdrop would work better with my film's tone, and I could easily edit the image in GIMP. Would this be allowed?

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Sure! That would be fine! mini/smile

Don't forget! Only 28 more hours to submit your entries! We've got over 20 so far so it's going to be a good competition. It's best not to wait until the last minute.

Deadline for submissions are at 11:59pm Eastern Time Zone, tomorrow, December 24 (aka Christmas Eve).

Well, if I could get off this computer I'd be able to make something short that could capture Christmas for the fun of it.... Might be too busy though.

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

Approximately 14 more hours to submit entries! We now have a total of 24. Don't wait until the last minute to start rendering and uploading your entries, as the deadline for me receiving them is 11:59pm Eastern Time Zone!

Last edited by Repelling Spider (December 24, 2012 (07:56am))

Make that 25 entries! (How appropriate!) mini/cat

Here is my humble entry. I set it as a video response to the announcement video. Let me know if you received it.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Here's another entry:
Christmas Cookies

Thank you both for your entries! mini/smile Enjoyed both and have accepted both.

Only 6 more hours to submit entries! Deadline is at 11:59pm Eastern Time zone remember! We've got 29 entries so far!

Thank you to everyone who created and submitted an entry! The judging stage has begun! We've got a lot of good entries and I'm very pleased with how many participated considering this is the first year the contest was run. A total of 33 entries were accepted. I'm looking at having the results out by the first or second week of the new year, but I will give a more official date once the judging process is almost completed. Merry Christmas everyone!

I was surprised with how many entries this contest acquired. I thought it might have very, very few since it was a rather short time frame.

I've sent in my judging. If the results are delayed, then it's not my fault.

Quick update on the judging process: As ANP said, he is done with his judging. I'm over halfway done with my part. The third judge has not started yet but will soon hopefully. I expect to have results out by the first week of the new year. Once judging is closer to being finished I will reveal an announcement date.

Repelling Spider wrote:

Quick update on the judging process: As ANP said, he is done with his judging. I'm over halfway done with my part. The third judge has not started yet but will soon hopefully. I expect to have results out by the first week of the new year. Once judging is closer to being finished I will reveal an announcement date.

Will you rank all the entries, or only the top three?

0DonkeyKong wrote:
Repelling Spider wrote:

Will you rank all the entries, or only the top three?

At the moment I'm planning on having a complete list of scores, however it's not definite. I prefer entire lists so it's likely.

Okay, thanks.