Topic: Foster the People - Houdini

Directory Link

Foster the People - Houdini

YouTube

Oh yes.

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

Re: Foster the People - Houdini

Great music video. You picked one of my favorite songs so that's a plus. Camera motion was amazing and I loved the lighting. 5/5

Oh... my.... GOD

This is by far the best LEGO music film I ever saw!

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

The camerawork and lighting in this is really interesting and creative, I'm impressed. The animation also works very well, especially in the places where the characters and instruments float, which is sometimes tough to pull off. The flow from shot to shot was really well-done.

My main crit would be that the digital face animation mostly looked out of place.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Fantastic work NXT! Full marks across the board! I'd have to agree though that the only major flaw would be the face animation. That is however more than forgiven with the breathtaking animation and cinematography. Keep it up!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

I have admire the amazing level of creativity that went into this, and how well you were able to execute it. I'm happy that you didn't attempt a "story" with this film as you sort of did with Viva La Vida, because, enjoyable as that film was, was definitely the weakest part of it. After all, music videos aren't bound by the same conventions of having a narrative through-line like other films, so you should be able to be more visually creative and daring.

The animation and camerawork are fantastic, I was particularly impressed with the smoothness of the minifigs and instruments during the zero-gravity sequences. I also have to echo Smeagol in saying that the flow of the film was very nice. If I had any gripes, apart from the digital face tending to stick out (in the future, I recommend playing with the blending mode and giving it a bit of a blur), and the frenetic camera movements sometimes made the light effects a bit difficult to watch.

But all of that to say, this is a pretty incredible achievement, and you should be very proud of this. You may have just solidified yourself as the best animator I currently know on YouTube.

Last edited by MindGame (September 14, 2012 (01:27pm))

It's one of the most impressive videos I've seen. The animation is fantastic, camera movements are incredibly well done, lighting is great. I agree the face looks a bit odd sometimes (and I've seen it going over a trumpet in a part of the film), however I would be too nitpicky if I said that it bothered me.
I've seen it five times and it still amazes me every time.

So many great special effects!
Really incredible! This is pure awesomeness...
Congrats!

Really all I can say is WOW. This is the most impressive technical display I've ever seen in brickfilming. I'm not even really sure what to say about it, other than I think the lack of story only allowed you to further show off you're animating skills, since that's the entire focus. I didn't even here the lyrics to the song because I was so astounded by the animation. The animation, lighting, camera movement, and sound sync on on a fully professional level; I honestly don't think the animators at Laika could animate a LEGO Minifigure better than this. It's just amazing, really. mini/delirium

I loved the part that they were floating, it was so greatly masked. mini/yes
This was all quite amazing. Good job! 5/5

Applauded (Not Joking)
Cried from Awesomeness
Never seen a better animated Brickfilm Ever... EVER.

TRUE STORY.

~Hal

I think I preferred this about a 100 times more then your last music video, Viva La Vida! mini/smile
I'm amazed. Thank-you for making such a great Brickfilm to watch.

mini/eek
Speechless. You amaze me yet again, maniac. You have come a long way from that cheesy star wars movie 4 years ago.

Not a fan of the song, but the animation was very well done, especially the part with

Spoiler (click to read)

the people floating in the air.

Although the mouth animation didn't look very good. Overall, wonderful job.

9/10

Last edited by Mickey (September 14, 2012 (03:00pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Stunning video. The lighting, the animation, the editing, everything. The smoothness of the shots when the people are floating is wonderful. I ended up going back and looking closely at those shots and realized you used cleverly placed technic/bionicle arms in places. Great idea, I'll have to remember that.

4.9/5 - and it goes straight into my favorite's list.

That was seriously mindblowing.

I was drooling through the entire thing.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Now, where doth thy get LEGO trumpet?

From the old Western sets. They're bugles used in the cavalry camps.

NXT, this is amazing.

I like the scenes of people floating around.

Me Gusta, 25263/25363

meme
http://i.imgur.com/gMfjgiC.jpg