Re: Things you don't want to see in a brickfilm.

EDIT: I wish it didn't take me so long to write posts.

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

Using licensed themes without original ideas e.g. 'Darth Vader Kills a Storm-Trooper' or

Briks wrote:

Batman killing Robin.

Duke Boy wrote:
Rusty wrote:

18. 3 FPS.

Do people still make brickfilms with a fps that bad mini/confused . You'd probably have to go into the deepest, darkest areas of the YouTube brickfilming scene to find something like that made recently.

Well, it's not so much that as it is noobs that never get better.

"Doc seriously, do that one more time without warning me first and I'll flip this examination table and roundhouse kick you in the face." - Adam young

Noobs are people too mini/bigsmile they have the room to improve, they just don't want to. Some of them think that their 5FPS crappy brickfilm is just as good as Keshen8's mini/smile I even received a few PM's on youtube. They said "Check out the video it's better than Keshen8" I was like "No !@#$, you're better than Keshen when he was 4 years old. Not now mini/bigsmile"

mod edit - changing one letter is not enough to censor a swear word

One joke films. (I may or may not of committed this crime) mini/shifty
Edit: Also if you are going to swear censoring it just ruins the film. Either dont swear or don't censor it.

Last edited by buikes (April 6, 2012 (08:05pm))

buikes wrote:

Edit: Also if you are going to swear censoring it just ruins the film. Either dont swear or don't censor it.

I think censoring helps in comedies. Such as Keshen8's meeting of the heros.

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/BattlefleetGothica/banner-4.png

UbuntuNate wrote:
buikes wrote:

I think censoring helps in comedies. Such as Keshen8's meeting of the heros.

I agree with that but serious films should not be censored.

1 fps brickfilms. Seriously,people need to bump up their framerate.

HOW DARE PEOPLE DO THAT LOW OF FRAME RATE, THEY NEED TO START AT 30FPS OR GET PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM THIS SITE 

The Ghost of Mrs. Day studios: Home of mediocre brickfilms.

ghostofmrsdaystudios wrote:

HOW DARE PEOPLE DO THAT LOW OF FRAME RATE, THEY NEED TO START AT 30FPS OR GET PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM THIS SITE 

Is that sarcasm? (Sheldon Cooper style) mini/bigsmile now to be serious what is that supposed to mean? I'm talking about your statement mini/smile you think we are too harsh or somethin'? mini/bigsmile

Bad CGI.
if you cant do good looking CGI/ VFX/ SFX don't do it.

swearing. I HATE SWEARING!!! swearing justs ruins the brickfilm and the language.

Progress on next film: lego Olympics 2012

Yeah, everyone starts out as a noob with a humongous ego. Its like your first audition; you come in thinking your this hot new guy/girl who will wipe the floor, when in reality you quickly realise that you're in a profession filled with talented people who have been working much longer and much harder than you. Its a rude awakening that everyone will experience at some point in their lives - but most of the time in means that the noob matures and takes a more realistic approach, realising that they should just enjoy the ride wherever it takes them. Thats if this awakening doesn't completely crush their dreams...

Be nice to noob's. They will either eventually learn, or they will just go away.

On a less serious note: yeah, I dont like CGI in Brickfilming either. I dont mind stuff like lightsabers, weather effects, sea, masking, underwater effects, ghosts, streetlights/torches, and that other stuff that's almost physically impossible to do with Lego when its done right. Heck, I like Brickfilms such as Unrenewable where the CGI is strategically placed and compliments the film perfectly. Aardman's latest The Pirates! An Adventure With Scientists used CGI water alongside a physical wooden Pirate ship, and it looks brilliant. Its just that 90% of the time its unbelievably jarring.  If your just going to animate a single Lego figure and then green-screen him - why dont you make the Lego figure CGI too? There are some people who have done entirely CGI Brickfilms, and they look really cool! I want to see more 100% CGI Brickfilms! I dont want to see 80% CGI brickfilms though...unless its done really well like Bane of The Sith...

Last edited by Max Butcher (April 8, 2012 (03:50am))

YouTube
Max, She/They

T.G-Tom wrote:

8. A crappy animation of a minifig doing a walkcycle and then getting hit by a car.

I admit, I once made a film which was basically just this. :I

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

I know this is pretty late, but the problem with Incomptech's music is not that it's overused, but that people end up using the same ones over and over again. (If I hear Spazzmatica Polka one more time imma stab the computer speakers)
Seriously, that guy has THOUSANDS of compositions, and only a few are ever used. The "instant-gratification" ones that you can just lay over what ever you feel like and it will sort of sound good but not really after you've heard that one song thousands of times.
Srsly, he has some really good new age piano stuff that I woulda never heard in a brickfilm. Among other things ("Final Count" is AMAZINGLY epic)

I totally agree. I get my music from that website, but I try to use music that I haven't heard in thousands of brickfilms. Not only that, but some of his underrated songs are his best ones.

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

List of Top 4 Overused Incompetech Pieces:

1. Movement Proposition
2. Spazzmaitic Polka
3. Fluffing a Duck
4. Scheming Weasel

I think it doesn't matter that much if you use an overused piece, as long as you use it right.  Numbers 2, 3, and 4, I might use at some point, but never #1.  That piece itself is way to repetitive.

Most of the pieces I've downloaded were used only once or twice before and some never used at all.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Well,Kevin MacLeod has thousands of very good pieces,and only a few of them appear in most brickfilms. Heck, "five armies" is a good piece, but it has barely appeared in brickfilms.

all the noobs using WMM as their Video editor! I hate it SO MUCH!

I KNOW SONY VEGAS IS EXPENSIVE BUT IT'S GOOD!