Re: Trailer - Justin Bieber is killed by an Angry Bird (trailer)

OKay well what about you? kcirbfilms? Achilles and the Trojan War (in LEGO)
There was a movie made in 2004.

Last edited by mada (November 24, 2011 (01:45pm))

jstudios wrote:

Well think about it, if a film (like a proper movie) was made, and they had someone saying "I am your father" to the protagonist, would people say that the film is copying Star Wars? Of course.

Then those people are dumb, because, as TVTropes points out, this specific trope is WAY older than Star Wars:

"Oh, and by the way, it was being mocked back in 1790 by Jane Austen in Love and Friendship (with four grandfather-grandchildren relationships revealed in under a page), so Older Than Radio at the very least."

Linky-linky. It's down near the bottom of the trope description.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

A trailer? Really? Is there actually going to be more animation in the actual thing? Loads of people hate other people, but why feel the need to make a frickin' video about it? Poor guy, he's not awful, and hes done some good stuff - so why go hate him for no good reason other then other people do it. Onto the video - the animation and effects weren't too bad. but the trailer seemed credit intensive, sloppily edited, and un-trailer like.

Quoted from wikipedia 'A trailer or preview is an advertisement or a commercial for a feature film', now of course not everyone abides by it being for a feature film, but the idea would be to make it for a long film, not a few seconds skit. Just my 2 cents.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Onion, sorry. I say why in earlier posts.

For views? That seems very self-centered, IMO. So if you became famous, would you feel it okay for someone to rip you down for no good reason for views? As it is its unlikely this will garner views, and the views it does get will probably be from haters.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Yeah I felt bad about yesterday, so I decided that I would NOT make stuff like this again.  and not going to make the full version.
EDIT: And just removed the vid.

Last edited by mada (November 24, 2011 (02:02pm))

mada wrote:

OKay well what about you? kcirbfilms? Achilles and the Trojan War (in LEGO)
There was a movie made in 2004.

Woah I'm copying a famous Greek story somebody stop me. Oh my Julius Caesar. I'm so sorry that in my Latin class we did projects on famous Greek and Roman heroes, I'll tell my teacher next time that I can't do a project about something unless it's completely original. Did I copy the movie at all? Nope. If I were to make a frame-by-frame animation, exactly like the movie, would I give credit to the movie? Yeah. Would I deny that I took everything exactly from the movie? Nope. But I didn't do that. My film is original because it doesn't copy the movie. Both my film and the movie "Troy" (OMG DIFFERENT NAMES TOO?!) are based off a very famous Greek story. But if you're accusing me of plagiarism, I guess we can blame you for plagiarising Justin Bieber's name, and the Angry Bird name..... Let's not have this get to where we're accusing each other for no real reason. You took someone's sign-off, took their original saying. No one's trying to tell you to take the film off YouTube. Just admit that you took it from him.

kcirb-- its brick backwards.
Youtube

Plagarism, by definition, is copying someone else's work and passing it off as your own. It's not plagarism if you say where you got something from. If you don't do either, that is, claim it's yours or give the credit to someone else, it's just imitation. There's nothing wrong with imitation, but you should still give credit where credit is due. It's okay if you don't give credit, but it's better if you do so people won't accuse you of plagarism (when it's really just imitation).

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

UMM I have other vids with the same sign-off. And yes he is were I got the saying from.
And I know. I removed it cause I wanted to.

minifig051 wrote:

Plagarism, by definition, is copying someone else's work and passing it off as your own. It's not plagarism if you say where you got something from. If you don't do either, that is, claim it's yours or give the credit to someone else, it's just imitation. There's nothing wrong with imitation, but you should still give credit where credit is due. It's okay if you don't give credit, but it's better if you do so people won't accuse you of plagarism (when it's really just imitation).

And thank you for saying that. I'll give credit on my channel when I get the time.
EDIT: 560 views to this. just wrong. I wish I could get half that many on any of my other videos I posted on here.

Last edited by mada (November 24, 2011 (06:11pm))

Well, now I know how to get three pages of comments on my films.

The actual movie doesn't really interest me, but if you want to make films for profit, go right ahead. Do whatever it is you want to do. If people whine about it, congratulations! More publicity for you.