Re: THAC 6 results!

I love how this guy is criticising everything, yet he has nothing to show for it.

Riley wrote:

If you had played with the brightness/contrast, you would have spotted it pretty bloody quickly, or you could hav actually looked at the frame. Also, the frame could have been cropped in post, so there could easily have been a mod element which was cut off, which is allowed by the rules.

Ok nice spotting, even with brightness contrast I didn't see it until you pointed it out. I guess Night Owl is the man, fooled me (which isn't that hard) and won 2nd place. Congrats again.
And thanks for the info on the bus shot (smart). I was prooved wrong and you could have quite easily bagged me out on that, instead you offered insight and wisdom.  I like learning about how these things come together I wish I had 1/2 your talent.
I'm keeping the avatar it can be a reminder to everyone what a looser I am just in case someone forgets.
So did you actually modify the shirt collars they look stock standard to me?
And where did it say in the rules that you could crop out the mod element?
I thought I understood the rules but now I'm not so sure.

rsteenoven wrote:

I love how this guy is criticising everything, yet he has nothing to show for it.

It sucks to be me really it does. Ha. I should spent more time making my film and less time typing with a head full of booze.

bodville wrote:

I thought that the BIM community would have a more critical eye.........I have failed.

Oh Boohoo-ville. I must be the 1 in 10 cos I got it. I did watch it while very drunk that may have helped.
Plot 1: Director is having a bad day with the props department and just when everything is finally going right a caravan full of yobs spoil this best shot and he is almost run over.
Plot 2: The Bull gang pissed as and driving like rat bags come accross their mascot in a field but they are so drunk that when the bull mooo's they get scared and leg it.
Wow that's confusing <sarcasm intended>. But don't fret young BOD there are bigger failures here than you. I liked your movie please make another one soon.

PS. Maggosh there is no room for blasphemy here please.

Congrats and all that, but there was some uncensored offensive material in the censored version of Weed Cops, I noticed.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

b4b wrote:

Maggosh there is no room for blasphemy here please.

To what are you referring, sir?

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

Smeagol, can you post a list of all the entries in a new topic, along with a warning that there is some demeaning information.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

Maggosh wrote:
b4b wrote:

Maggosh there is no room for blasphemy here please.

To what are you referring, sir?

maggosh wrote:

For the love of God, there's an angled stripe on the hood.

Anyway, I'm not sure if there was a written rule somewhere, but if the film had been cropped to widescreen or filmed in black and white, you could send in proof (coloured/uncropped footage) of the mod element.

Looking at what I produced, 654 frames of animation (12 hours), 6 video tracks, 9 audio tracks (8 hours editing) in my film, to come 11th, I have failed.

Teehee, 1068 frames and I didn't place at all. Don't be so hard on yourself, 11th is awesome. I would have killed just to have the chance to know what place out of 67 I would have gotten had they judged the rest of the entries, or even to have gotten one more comment on my film in general. You did really well, don't feel bad for not doing perfectly mini/smile

Nikolas filmed the whole THAC 5 entry "Narrow Escape" without the mod element in picture, except for in the first shot. He cropped it so that it wasn't visible, but uploaded a video of what it looked like without being cropped. So there are tricks to make the mod element imposible to spot, so just because you can't see it it doesn't mean it's not there.

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

I am so going to sweep the competition next year.

With my luck, though, it'll be exactly on a week that I'm taking a vacation to China or something. Just like the last three THACs. mini/tongue

- Leo

Squash wrote:

Looking at what I produced, 654 frames of animation (12 hours), 6 video tracks, 9 audio tracks (8 hours editing) in my film, to come 11th, I have failed.

Teehee, 1068 frames and I didn't place at all. Don't be so hard on yourself, 11th is awesome. I would have killed just to have the chance to know what place out of 67 I would have gotten had they judged the rest of the entries, or even to have gotten one more comment on my film in general. You did really well, don't feel bad for not doing perfectly mini/smile

I agree with Squash, 11th is an amazing rank to get. Think of it this way: You were 11th... out of 67. You placed better than 76 others. Pretty damn good, if you ask me.

Last edited by Penta (February 21, 2009 (10:54am))

SmallTimeProductions wrote:

11th is an amazing rank to get. Think of it this way: You were 11th... out of 67. You placed better than 76 others. Pretty damn good, if you ask me.

mini/tongue

... mini/confused

I could count how many points I got overall with one finger.

Though, that little one is still an honour. I was part of something historic, and although I epically failed....who cares?

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

SmallTimeProductions wrote:

... mini/confused

I think he said that because you wrote something wrong with the numbers.

Here is my new one.

I had a suspicion I was wrong. Oh well, too lazy to check mini/tongue

You said he placed higher than 76 other entrants mini/tongue.

Here is my new one.

Ah, I'm so stupid.

Congrats! My failed entry mini/sad will be coming out soon.

New films-
The New Neighbor
Solanum
Casting Call for Solanum started!

Wow, VN! I didn't know you were in charge of THAC 6!

ZOMG I WON!!! I didn't even enter jk

Congrats to Krick, Night Owl, Nick Durron, and all of the other entrants! YOU'RE ALL WINNERS!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.