Re: THAC 6 results!

Congratulations everyone!

Re: THAC 6 results!

If you don't like my opinion (& who does?) then stop reading......now! There will be no reference to dudes or smilies in this post.

Fantastic effort VN and Smeagol you didn't waste any time and I largely agree with the results. There was some great stories in the top 20. Krick's of course made it a well deserved winner. I also really liked Weed Cops, the bulls new caravan, Sword & Abduction 3.

Now onto the rant, you knew it was coming right!
"Presentation (the production values, incorporating animation, cinematography, sound) was half of the total score" - Smeagol

For an animation competition I was not very impressed by some of the animation in the high scoring entries and the sound on many was bordering on pathetic. The voice acting was however very good so maybe that had more to do with the final outcomes. I watched all the top 20 again and what is disapointing to see is that one of the high ranked entries had 6 scenes and 3 of them had no mod element. Hello judges!

Well done to all the entrants, just finishing a film in 24 hours is a major achievement. Mine was so bad it will never see the light of day.
A very big congratulations to the top 20, except the one that cheated.

Re: THAC 6 results!

Which film had no mod element?

Last edited by Penta (February 20, 2009 (03:15am))

Re: THAC 6 results!

The top 3 didn't suprise me but i got some suprises in the top 20. good job to everyone.

brick4brains wrote:

I watched all the top 20 again and what is disapointing to see is that one of the high ranked entries had 6 scenes and 3 of them had no mod element. Hello judges!

Which film was this?

_2014

Re: THAC 6 results!

I think it might have been Weed Cops, which does have the mod element, but it's very cleverly disguised.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Re: THAC 6 results!

Yeah,what films had no mod element.Were you counting the letter mod?
Congratulations,dudes.

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

Re: THAC 6 results!

By the way I kept a chat transcript for anyone who missed it. I uploaded it to the THAC site since I think that's the most appropriate place.

http://thac.web44.net/thacwinners.rtf

You'll need Microsoft word to open it. For some reason the .txt file I had uploaded first wouldn't show so I put it into a word file. I'll try to fix this soon.

Last edited by Stoteh (February 20, 2009 (04:24am))

Formerly known as Steve Collins.

Re: THAC 6 results!

Congrats to the top 3 !

IM BACK

Youtube - Jamsterman1

Re: THAC 6 results!

Good job to those who got ranked! mini/tongue

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Antifaan/KISS/kiss_banner_2.jpg

Re: THAC 6 results!

Night Owl does have mod elements, but he chooses to cut them off when cropping his film to widescreen.

EDIT: 18th not bad

Last edited by Rsteenoven (February 20, 2009 (05:34am))

Re: THAC 6 results!

I'm guessing the website will be updated when VN comes back online.

_2014

Re: THAC 6 results!

Congratulation to the winners and all entries.

Best wishes,
Mario

PS:
When http://www.thac.web44.net/ will be updated?

Re: THAC 6 results!

Actually, all the mod elements are in the frame with Weed Cops, but they are hidden well. Look at the shirt collars. mini/wink I actually did check that beforehand, and Stevie allowed it.

Re: THAC 6 results!

Yeah, the shirt collars, eyebrows, mustaches... All pointy.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Re: THAC 6 results!

mini/eek How, in the hell, did that come first place?! oh well, congrats.

Re: THAC 6 results!

Congrats to all the winners, especially Krick mini/mrgreen

-Daragh

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/daragh2me/Avatarsposters/allworkandnoplay2.png

Re: THAC 6 results!

brick4brains wrote:

For an animation competition I was not very impressed by some of the animation in the high scoring entries and the sound on many was bordering on pathetic. The voice acting was however very good so maybe that had more to do with the final outcomes. I watched all the top 20 again and what is disapointing to see is that one of the high ranked entries had 6 scenes and 3 of them had no mod element. Hello judges!

Well done to all the entrants, just finishing a film in 24 hours is a major achievement. Mine was so bad it will never see the light of day.
A very big congratulations to the top 20, except the one that cheated.

You weren't impressed by the animation, eh? It takes a long time to get smooth animation. We don't expect perfection in a film made in a day.

Be careful before accusing someone of cheating. When you present evidence, we'll start listening to you. Until then, the results stand.

- Leo

Last edited by Leonardo812 (February 20, 2009 (06:36am))

Re: THAC 6 results!

randomparrot wrote:

I'm guessing the website will be updated when VN comes back online.

I updated it. I'm not sure if VN can get in there. Hopefully he can.

Formerly known as Steve Collins.

Re: THAC 6 results!

Why wasn't I disqualified? mini/tongue

The mod element was blocked in a few frames of mine, but I didn't think it was worth re-editing and cutting the frames out, I just thought stuff it.

Re: THAC 6 results!

StevieCollins wrote:
randomparrot wrote:

I'm guessing the website will be updated when VN comes back online.

I updated it. I'm not sure if VN can get in there. Hopefully he can.

I meant the history section.

_2014