Re: ToY: Marooned

Thanks guys! I apologise for posting on my own thread a lot, but I have something which I think is worth saying. 2 things in fact.
1) Just went through all the files, at the bottom of istopmotion it says how many frames were taken. After some quick maths (quick because I had a calculator!) I found that I took a whopping 18,296 frames. That's just for the raw animation, not the titles or credits. Admittedly I did cut some out, but the amount of frames in the actual film must be near 18,000! WOW!
2) Reading through this and some of my youtube comments it seems a lot of you liked the in-camera effects. I'm glad to hear that. I also think it's worth saying that every single one of those 18,296 frames was totally un edited. Everything you see in this film is in-camera, all except for the fish-eye effect I added to the telescope. The rest had no colour correction, no filters, no special effects, not even a frame of masking. The telescope was even made by blue tacking a toilet roll tube to my camera (it didn't look that good, but it was okay I suppose). I'm going to make all my films like this from now on because I think it's easier to be a bit more creative by doing this. I'll use masking (when I find a way to get istopmotion to stop importing in the weird aspect ratios), green-screening, etc, but I can't ever see myself using a muzzle flash or explosion effect, because I think bricks and cotton wool look so much better. I'm glad you all liked them too.

And I just wanted to thank everyone for all their comments. I'm surprised that I haven't had one 'It's too long' comment.
So yeah, I'm pretty happy with the outcome of this. I have nothing more to say, sorry again for posting on my own topic such a lot. I don't mean to look like I'm attracting attention, this will be (unless I get a question) my last post here almost definitely. mini/wink

Great film. I can't say if it's my favourite TOY since I've only seen a couple, but it's the best I've watched so far.

That was amazing.  Your use of camera angles and movement gave it a really cinematic feel.  I also really liked your use of in-camera effects.  The animation was very smooth as well.   My only complaints were that the lighting was somewhat inconsistent.  You might want to try setting your white balance to manual.  Still, great film.

5/5

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6076/6098151743_b26c6b4522.jpg

Amazing! I have not seen a better long brickfilm with out any talking! I think THAT really made a huge effect on this film - truly nicely done with also a perfect effect of the "pirate times"! Really - fantastic! So far the best entry I have seen into BiM 2011! 5/5 mini/yes

Last edited by Tobias (November 10, 2011 (02:43pm))

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.