Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Living LEGO wrote:

BUMP.

I wanted to see what Death Note was, and to be quite frank, this anime is AMAZING. The story is great, the plot keeps twisting like worm about to be hooked, and the character development is awesome. It's kinda deep, and not for small children. But it's adictive. And awesome. Mostly awesome.

Are you watching the subtitled version, or the dubbed version?

bricksinmotion member of the year

WelcomeToAwesomeness wrote:
Living LEGO wrote:

BUMP.

I wanted to see what Death Note was, and to be quite frank, this anime is AMAZING. The story is great, the plot keeps twisting like worm about to be hooked, and the character development is awesome. It's kinda deep, and not for small children. But it's adictive. And awesome. Mostly awesome.

In my opinion, this goes for all Japanese anime, but subbed is almost always waaaay better. It's much more natural and the voices sound more normal. Plus I kinda am learning Japanese, so subbed is better for me than dubbed. mini/mrgreen

Also, at the moment some animes I'm watching are Bleach (I'm at around episode 160 or something like that), One Piece, Ao no Exorcist, and Trigun, though not too recently I've finished watching quite a few different series.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

Aha I am learning Japanese too!
I don't watch anime much but my uncle is sort of obsessive and he showed us this thing called Urusai Yatsura which is really stupid but kind of funny. It's just messed up. Yep, that's what it is. As with all other anime. Lol.

Yeah I'm not much of a fan of anime, except for the Miyazaki films. Those are pretty epic.

I am learning Japanese too, but I already know English and a little Spanish.

Last edited by WelcomeToAwesomeness (May 20, 2011 (07:31pm))

Living LEGO wrote:

BUMP.

Dubbed.

Living LEGO wrote:
Living LEGO wrote:

BUMP.

Dubbed.

I have just started the subtitled version, and I can't stop watching.

I finished it today, and it was quite a ride. The finale (ep. 36 and 37) was a very good finish. There were a couple twists here and there, which made my jaw drop. An exceptional anime. I'm now starting Cow Boy Bebop.

Rurouni Kenshin is an awesome anime. mini/smile The epic story of this cool samurai going around saving people and doing awesome stuff.
Death Note is brilliant, too. Seems a lot of others here seem to like it. The plot is so amazing, all the twists and everything are so fantastic. I love L. mini/smile
Also, I watch anime with subtitles. It's better that way. Most voices they get for TV shows are just awful. mini/tongue Sometimes I just watch them to see how it sounds. xD It's so bad.
Miyazaki films, however, I prefer to watch with English voices. Becuase they actually get some good actors and do a good job. Like how they have people like Christen Bale, Liam Neeson, Patrick Stewart, and some other good people.

500 episodes of One Piece.
Man, it has come a long way.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/DaLegoMaster/Other/brook_signature.png

On the Death Note subject, I really enjoyed Death Note, but personally I think that they would've done far better to end the series after

Spoiler (click to read)

L's death instead of dragging out the whole thing with Near and Mello. Also, Light was awesome and I think during the second plot arc with Near/Mello the writers purposefully made Light make stupid mistakes and act cocky just so that all the L fans could be happy and the anime would end in high popularity.

In other news, I just realized how much anime I actually watch. I'm currently watching at least six or seven different animes. mini/sweat

Mod edit: if you're posting spoilers, use the spoiler tags.

I just started Black Butler too. TV-14 and TV-MA anime's usually have more interesting stories.

Living LEGO wrote:

I just started Black Butler too. TV-14 and TV-MA anime's usually have more interesting stories.

Not always true. Isn't Black Butler shotacon too?

I just finished it. Black Butler is one of my new favorite anime shows. And I'm watching about 8

Wow, re-watching the Miyazaki movies, I must say they are some of the best movies ever made. I know that's a big statement, but it's completely true.

In unrelated news, I just saw a ton of fireworks at a festival thingy today and I was completely reminded of the scene in Black Cat where

Spoiler (click to read)

Train is fighting Creed on top of the oil carrier thing after Saya is killed.

I finished watching Clannad After story the other week. The plot is so inspirational and moving. Not gonna lie, I cried multiple times. Definitely my favourite series.

Yeah, I've watched Clannad too, haven't got around to After Story yet.

You need to watch it, it's absolutely amazing. Especially the second half. I would warn you that there's a fairly common spoiler out there that would just ruin the whole thing though. So be careful not to read comments or reviews until you have seen it all.

Mild bump, I just watched every episode of Toradora, and I am in love with this anime. One of the few circumstances where the anime is better than the manga.

I liked the Code Geass series. Full Metal Alchemist was pretty mediocre, and I watched one episode of Trigun which really sucked. Also, FLCL is awesome.