Re: BiM 2010: Avant-Garde [CLOSED]

I wanted to make a film, but I lacked the time to formulate a plot that would work the way I wanted it to. I'm not sure when that time will come either.

It was difficult for me of make my complete idea of Mr Bad Frame with the time remaining,
I took shortcuts (like putting the bubbles or slapdash the end) and the only way to make it Avant-Garde, was to have an original idea.
I (Like other members) simply started too late for the contest, so, I'll started the making of my entry of BIM 2011, at the minute when the contest will be started.

Same! mini/bigsmile

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

agreed. my problem was i spent months trying to figure out an idea that WAS avant-garde and even then i didn't do well at all mini/sad . so when BiM 2011 comes out I hope I won't have such a problem with it.

It's more likely that there will be a BiM 2012, announced in the summer of 2011.

Did anyone besides me use the Cincinnati Bricks logo in their film? mini/confused
(I haven't had a chance to see all of them yet.) If you did, and you also know
how we are going to get our $15, would post a reply or PM me? Thanks!  mini/bigsmile

"I caught you a delicious bass."

-Napoleon Dynamite

mcoov wrote:

It's more likely that there will be a BiM 2012, announced in the summer of 2011.

What?  I hadn't heard about that.  Planning on a BiM 2011 though since it's supposed to be an annual contest.

nate13545 wrote:

Did anyone besides me use the Cincinnati Bricks logo in their film? mini/confused
how we are going to get our $15, would post a reply or PM me? Thanks!  mini/bigsmile

Other people did, yes.  Here's what Cincinnati Bricks has told me about claiming this:

I will also give out coupons on the same terms in the amount of $15 to anyone who works the Cincinnati Bricks logo into their film. They will need to contact us through the store's "contact us" link and provide the URL of the film and single image capture showing our logo in their film.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Sméagol wrote:
mcoov wrote:

What?  I hadn't heard about that.  Planning on a BiM 2011 though since it's supposed to be an annual contest.

I just thought that there wouldn't be enough time to announce a new competition, unless you're planning the next one to last from fall of 2010 to fall of 2011.

mcoov wrote:

I just thought that there wouldn't be enough time to announce a new competition, unless you're planning the next one to last from fall of 2010 to fall of 2011.

I don't see why that would be the case. As far as I know, there's no reason not to hold it at similar dates as last year, from around September this year to next July. That would make sense to me anyway.

Right, we're actually debating when to announce BiM 2011, but the deadline will probably be in late July 2011, similar to this contest.  It may not be announced as early as this contest was because we had a problem with people procrastinating and running out of time in this one, undecided at the moment.

For BIM 2011, there should be a limit of time for movies. The Brickfilms should not exceed 3 or 4 minutes in duration. That way, the members will have time to finish their entries.

Eh, that's very limiting creatively.  If an entrant has what it takes to make a great 10 minute film, I'd be happy to see it and award it prizes and stuff.

Could you give me a hint as to what the theme of BIM 2011 will be?

Gummi Bears

I was in the middle of writing a comment about that 3-4 minute time limit bit when my computer died... Sméagol basically said it all. If your film is 10 minutes long, it has to be 10 minutes of great stuff, rather than 3 or 4 minutes.

Last edited by Fuzzletop (August 3, 2010 (06:58pm))

Gummi bears! I'm so entering! mini/bigsmile

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Sméagol wrote:

Gummi Bears

Great! mini/bigsmile

Surely, it's better to have no time limit. But take your time for find a great theme idea!

There was a time limit a couple of years back, and a lot of people agreed that it was a mistake.

Night Owl wrote:

There was a time limit a couple of years back, and a lot of people agreed that it was a mistake.

On brickfilms.com?

Sméagol wrote:
mcoov wrote:

nate13545 wrote:

Other people did, yes.  Here's what Cincinnati Bricks has told me about claiming this:

I will also give out coupons on the same terms in the amount of $15 to anyone who works the Cincinnati Bricks logo into their film. They will need to contact us through the store's "contact us" link and provide the URL of the film and single image capture showing our logo in their film.

Thanks, Smeagol!

"I caught you a delicious bass."

-Napoleon Dynamite