Topic: Lego Star Wars - Battle oh Hoth revisited shot by shot

Directory Link

Lego Star Wars - Battle oh Hoth revisited shot by shot

Link 1

My first film. Hugh fan of SW, I choose to revisited the epic battle of hoth with lego.

Re: Lego Star Wars - Battle oh Hoth revisited shot by shot

good work really nice but the animation can be inproved mini/wink see the fancy pants tutorialhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XrRJAiIepY

Thanks for the tip, I'll see this link!!

mini/eek Awesome!
Incredible use of visual effects and nice sound work. tibo is right, animation was a bit choppy in places, but nothing serious. All in all, a really good brickfilm.

click->youtube - twitter - vimeosoup

Really nice!  Just at times the animation wasn't so good.

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png

Hugh thank! It's true the animation can be better!.. Next time, I'll make a shorter film, like this I'll be more concentrate on this detail mini/wink

Wow. That was awesome. One of my favorite things to see in a brickfilm is an expansive background. Great job integrating the action into a the frozen tundra. That was a lot of chromakeying. Can you offer some advice on reducing reflections etc? What kind of lighting setup did you use?

I needed some inspiration to get back to brickfilming. Thanks.

This was a great shot
screengrab

Wow, amazing work! I have rarely seen a LEGO Star Wars film that reached the level of greatness that this has! The effects were very good, although a few explosions didn't quite work. One of the things I really loved was that for the effects you used actual LEGO models!

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Very entertaining, I loved the mixture of actual LEGO CGI, and animation. Cinematic indeed!

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Hi! I'm really glad that you apreciate my work. You're right Samwise, it was lot of keying. I don't think that my technique is the best because it was the first time that I used it, the software etc.. But to limited the reflection of my wide green screen sometimes I could place a white thing between the subject and the screen, keeping the subject no completly in front of the white part (I say this principally for the close up). After you had to test different angles shot to find the best with less reflections . As far as is concerned the light, for more of 80% of the project I used natural light (I found that was the best way to keep the good brightness) for the other 20% I used a 500W spot, but just when I hadn't enought light, when the weather outside was bad mini/lol. To finish with you, Samwise, yeah for the epic shot, I really wanted to sucess them, I spent more time to film them.
Indeed RedBrick1, I used only actual LEGO models mini/wink
Thanks for your comments and sorry for my approximate english mini/confused

You used natural light and didn't get light flicker? mini/eek

click->youtube - twitter - vimeosoup

No I can't say that I had no light flicker it's sure, but I tryed to limit this.

That was really well done. I loved the design of the inside of the snowspeeder. Really good effects, but, as others have said, the animation is a little choppy. But if you can manage SFX that good, then you'll probably get very good at animation in no time. I'd give it a 4.6, so I'll round that up to 5. Really amazing for a first film. mini/wink

I thoroughly enjoyed this - the animation of the snowspeeders and AT-AT's was very well done. The picture Samwise posted was definitely part of my favorite scene mini/tongue Keep up the good work!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.  - Berthold Auerbach

this was epic, almost perfect except the animation was a tad choppy... but other than that it was awesome! mini/wink

Thanks again! As far as I am concerned, my favorite shot is when luke is climbing on the AT with his grapnel mini/smile.
Well, like I said for my next film I spend more time in the animation to improve this one. And for this I'll choose a shorter project I think.
I've got already an idea. A hugh idea mini/wink

Very great job! The execution seemed good, and the effects, while sometimes a bit sore, were for the most part really good. The animation was a downside though, as the framerate was a bit slow and the movements were jerky. I think my favorite shots of all were the ones that showed Luke and the others inside the cockpit of the snowspeeders. I thought those parts looked really cool and had some great stuff to them!

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

WOW .. the best first Brickfilm I ever saw! .. sometimes the keying was not perfect, and the animation, espacially at the beginning is not the best, but I realy realy enjoyed watching this! It was awesome .. cool scenes, and the combination of real Lego and the blending to the backgroundimages wer prety well done and one of my favourite parts of the Star Wars Movies!!!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Peiler/Brickfilms/Singularity/banner_04.png

This is your first film? WOW... AWESOME! Nothing more to say.

"War does not determine who is right, only who is left." -Bertrand Russel
Youtube: www.youtube.com/LegoPeoples37 (Subscribe!)

That was seriously EPIC! I can tell you put a lot of effort into making this.
As the others have said, some of the animation could have been a little smoother, but the movie as a whole was so epic that I can overlook that mini/smile