Topic: anyone from vancouver ? i need some help for brickfilming-fresh rookie

hi dear  brickfilm fellas,i am looking for anyone from vancouver,who could meet up with me and teach me some things about brickfilming.seems like i still did not get the hang of it fully.
please let me know-thank you

Re: anyone from vancouver ? i need some help for brickfilming-fresh rookie

z

I think MadBrick is from Vancouver.
I myself, am from Florida.

Last edited by ZP (February 11, 2011 (07:43am))

http://i.imgur.com/lZUQ9.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/9CQIM.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/YZLtR.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/ICcjc.png

I live near Vancouver, but not in it.  It's only a 45 minute drive away from my house but my family and I regularly take trips there.

However, I don't think going to all the trouble of meeting there is necessary just for a few brickfilming tips.  You could always just ask a more experienced brickfilmer around here about your animating problems.

look up some tutorials and read advice on the forums here and you'll be learning in no time, but most importantly just practice animating. If you see something you don't like about your animation, find some way to fix it on your own or just ask about it here. mini/smile

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12980977/sigmachine.png
YouTube uncompleted project: filming not in progress

I agree, you don't need to ask for help.  Just search it on YouTube, or even better search it here a BiM.

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png

hi everyone and thank you for your replies,i did all that and still doing it.youtube,the forum,google,name it,but still find it a riddle how to make it right.for example,i bought ikitmovie-the programm-so now if i record on 15fps,the recording i made just RUNS over the screen,why is it so fast and not as smooth and normal speed as you see it all over youtube for example?then i cant get rid of the flickering,i bought a microsoft lifecam studio(hd) webcam and still,i have those problems even though i played with the white balance tried to set it right.
i dont know,its just so frusttrading,because i need to make a short animation for a contest on an uk channel before february 28,thats why it would of been great to get local help,someone who is close to my area with the direct know-how.if anyone of you could help in that,which i guess is not that of big deal as i think,i would appreciate it 1000 times.
regards legomyworld

Legomyworld, this is the Internet. If you want someone to teach you something, there is no need to meet up with them. On this site, you can send someone a private message, or go into the chat room and ask people there. You can ask the creators of your favourite brickfilms through YouTube comments or messages, and if you want to hear someone talk to you, get Skype, add some brickfilmers and contact them that way.

It's a lot less effort, too. We're living in the 21st century, no need for face-to-face. mini/wink

Welcome to Bricks in Motion!

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Its stuff like this that makes me believe we ARE all going to end up like the humans in 'Wall.E.'

YouTube
Max, She/They

Thats fine as long as my kids don't get taught by a robot.

Last edited by MadBrick (February 12, 2011 (08:57pm))

hahhah,ok thats an idea about all those internet connections,but i find it stil better if someone is right beside you and you learn by watching,thats how i work the best.
besides does anyone of you know which webcam is better,the new logitech hd c910 or the microsoft lifecam studio hd?
thank you and regards

Either one works fine,but I suggest you look for the Quickcam Pro 9000. It's great,and has excellent quality. Most of the brickfilmers here on BiM use it,including myself.

Nothing to say right at this moment... yet. Maybe real soon? mini/wink

Suit yourself, but good luck organising it. mini/tongue

The Quickcam Pro 9000 is very widely used by the community because it's been around for a while, but the newer C910 has superior picture quality.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

The more I think about this thread, the creepier it seems. A new member is asking an audience of primarily adolescents where they live for the purpose of helping him or her learn a subject that has been extensively documented online.

Now, I don't want to suggest that legomyworld is anything other than what he or she seems to be: a potential hobbyist with an interest in brickfilming. I really don't know. None of us do.

What I do want to suggest, however, is that people reading and posting in this thread be careful with the amount of personal information they're posting and extremely careful about the prospect of meeting someone in real life they've only interacted with online.

Do your parents realize you're trying to invite someone you meet on the internet over to your house?

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

Most people on this site have learnt how to brickfilm or learnt new techniques online, this site is a great resource you really don't need a stranger to come round to tell you what to do and it's a lot safer just using online resources.

I'm up for it. I just need you to pay for my plane ticket and bus ride to your house.

Jargon wrote:

The more I think about this thread, the creepier it seems. A new member is asking an audience of primarily adolescents where they live for the purpose of helping him or her learn a subject that has been extensively documented online.

Now, I don't want to suggest that legomyworld is anything other than what he or she seems to be: a potential hobbyist with an interest in brickfilming. I really don't know. None of us do.

What I do want to suggest, however, is that people reading and posting in this thread be careful with the amount of personal information they're posting and extremely careful about the prospect of meeting someone in real life they've only interacted with online.

I am really shocked at all the comments being made.  I wanted to tell you a few things.  I have a wife and child and she would have been with me whenever a person comes over.  I am not asking to meet at a motel or something.  She is a student, umemployed, taking care of our daughter at home. I am right now taking jobs on and off, waiting for loans in order to start my animation studies in June.  The fact that my wife is home ALL the time with a child sure lessens the chance that i will do something crazy. Unless, you think my wife will join and if you are thinking that, you are taking it too far. I mean, i have been working through craigslist for years now. My wife found three babysitting jobs through craigslist, in our own home. People have come visited us. Everything is connected now through internet, and we have to trust in these situations. Lots of people are meeting in this way.  I am not here to rape a child.  That's utterly disgusting. I have been in a bad mood for two days now, not knowing or understadning how to deal with your online abuse.  YOu guys make jokes as if the situation is funny. This is why this world is so full of problems. Everybody takes everything easy. Just to tell you, i am also a religous guy.  YOu guys make jokes related to child abuse.  You should be ashamed of yourself.
I joined this community to get help on my first brickfilm even though i have watched tons of tutorials on all the issues i am facing in this matter.  I am on a tight deadline for an important project that is actually for children, and i thought it would be easier if somebody came over to my house and helped me out.  And i thought most of the people here are actual grown ups.  And if it would happen if it was a child, i would have taken permission from the parents, and I would have gone over to his or her house rather than haveing the child come to me.

I hope this fixes any misunderstanding.  In any case, I found help in Germany from a GErman Brickfilmer who was nice enough to meet me on Skype and talk to me about how to fix my mistakes.  Oh by the way, he is almost 40 with children and he is well-known in the youtube-brickfilm community. He talked to my wife and saw my child as well. So if you want references, go talk to him.  i'll give you the link if you want it.

bye-legomyworld

Okay... calm down.

Nothing in your original posts indicated that you were anything other than a naive 13-year-old going online without parental supervision and inviting someone to his house. We weren't accusing you of anything; we were trying to look out for you. The "jokes" posted after Jargon and myself were in extremely poor taste and have been deleted.

FYI, the membership of this site is, as Jargon indicated, almost entirely comprised of adolescents with a few college-agers thrown in. I can't think of a single active member over the age of 25.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

legomyworld, I am really not trying to put you down personally. If you reread my post, you'll notice that I did not make specific allegations in regards to your character. The problem is that when it comes to posting personal information on the Internet, especially in response to asking someone asking to meet you in person, it's a far better idea to err on the side of caution - caution not being a quality the age bracket most represented on this site is known for.

I'm glad you've taken an interest in brickfilming and I'm excited to see what you bring to the hobby. Again, it's nothing personal - just an issue of being careful.