Topic: Snake in the Grass

Directory Link

Snake in the Grass

Youtube

Since I had a snow day I felt like fooling around.

Special thanks to CarrollFilms who voiced in this.

Re: Snake in the Grass

I must admit, the title is what drew me in.

No offense, but for a 15 second video (12 if you exclude the titles) I wouldn't even bother posting this in the 'Releases' forum, but that's my thought. If you want feedback on your film, I'll be honest. The walk cycle in the beginning was simple, but on your next snow day, I'd practice movie the arms while moving the legs. The snake didn't seem like a LEGO snake, but a clay snake, or something similar. If you wanted a challenge, you might want to even animate the snake squirming around. The first time I watched this, I must admit, I jumped.

Mason wrote:

No offense, but for a 15 second video (12 if you exclude the titles) I wouldn't even bother posting this in the 'Releases' forum, but that's my thought. If you want feedback on your film, I'll be honest. The walk cycle in the beginning was simple, but on your next snow day, I'd practice movie the arms while moving the legs. The snake didn't seem like a LEGO snake, but a clay snake, or something similar. If you wanted a challenge, you might want to even animate the snake squirming around. The first time I watched this, I must admit, I jumped.

Length does not dictate if it should be in the releases or not. I normally do the swinging arms but I dont know I just didnt feel like it today. Does the snake being LEGO or not make a difference?   

For the person who rated this 1 brick (or star) isnt that a bit harsh? Its not great but only 1 brick come on.

Just as an fyi, unless an under-twenty-second brickfilm is really incredible, it's not likely to get accepted.

I thought the animation was good, however the light flicker detracted a little from the overall film. 4 stars!

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Jargon wrote:

Just as an fyi, unless an under-twenty-second brickfilm is really incredible, it's not likely to get accepted.

Im fine with that