Topic: Californian Brickfilmers Meet-up: Pics n' stuff up

As small number of you know, my video Megaphone, which is set at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival, is going to be shown at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival in January! After I released that video, Parry Gripp (who wrote the song) sent me a message telling me he liked so much he would like to get it shown at the festival, and that he would like me to fly out and see it! Of course I said yes, and I've been in regular contact with him ever since.

So, as you've probably guessed, I thought this would be an ideal opportunity to get together with some other brickfilmers. I'll be there from January 27 to February 2 and, because I'm not from there I don't known where would be a good place (California's pretty big, and obviously I'm going to be in Santa Barbara).

If you're not anywhere nearby, please don't post anything along the lines of "oh I wish I could go but I'm so far away", which is what these threads tend to get filled up with.

Thank you! *crosses fingers*

-------

The gathering(s) will be at Hotel Santa Barbara on Monday January 31 and/or Wednesday February 2, depending on the response. If you can come, please let me know as soon as possible.

Last edited by Hazzat (January 29, 2011 (11:11pm))

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Re: Californian Brickfilmers Meet-up: Pics n' stuff up

Wow! I really liked that video. I loved the part about his khaki pants. Great opportunity Haz! Good luck!

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

It's about maybe an hour or two drive to Santa Barbara, BUT you never know, me and my family might take a ROAD TRIP. It's a possibility, bro. It'd be great to see ya, and your film on the big screen! mini/bigsmile

mini/lol I'm going on a trip to Santa Barbra on the 27th. Where are you going to be? Btw I not gonna be far from the Santa Barbara International Film Festival.

Last edited by AniMax (December 22, 2010 (10:37am))

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2906/14493643070_db4eab9412_o.png

I'm most likely coming.

And I'm pretty sure doing this was my idea. mini/cat

Just wondering, where are we supposed to meet up? Do we want to get an exact place or should we all just meet up at the film festival? Also, how would we find each other?

-JK

Last edited by Just Kidden (December 21, 2010 (05:50pm))

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I'm thinking we just show up and start shouting: "I'M LOOKING FOR HAZZAT" That's what I'll be doing, anyway. mini/tongue

I'll do that too. That way I can draw attention to myself.

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

oh I wish I could go but I'm so far away

lol, i was tempted for soo long. anyways, how many people do you expect to go- with that many people watching your video at the same time.
                                                              you gotta be nervous.

filmyguy wrote:

I'm thinking we just show up and start shouting: "I'M LOOKING FOR HAZZAT"

Into a megaphone. Oh yes.

With a big BiM flag.

Send me some pics of you guys. I'll like to see the guys hangin' together. If anything comes to the midwest I'll show.

@filmyguy: DO IT!!!! mini/delirium

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

Hmm its quite a drive there but you never know. mini/wink If you see an Indian dude looking for autographs you know its me.

-Tejas VIM

mini/eek

Possibly. Possibly. mini/bigsmile

EddieHasscle wrote:

@filmyguy: DO IT!!!! mini/delirium

I wish I could go. But it's too far away.

Used to be 'Caidence'

Hazzat wrote:

If you're not anywhere nearby, please don't post anything along the lines of "oh I wish I could go but I'm so far away", which is what these threads tend to get filled up with.

Just a reminder.

I'm pretty sure that was a joke, Jargon. haha.

Im 3 hours away.  Grr.  This needs to happen in Los Angeles mini/sunnies

"I am Kansas" -Smeagol
http://heythats.cool

I'm around 1-2 hours away from that area.

But it's possible, it'd be cool to meet REAL LIFE BRICKFILMERS OMG. AND HAZZAT, WHO IS NORMALLY IN THE U.K.? THIS IS A ONCE IN A LIFE TIME CHANCE...err...I mean...

Yeah it's possible. I will join Filmyguy and Justkidden in shouting, along with having big signs pointing down at me with big bright lights saying "BRICKFILMER FRIEND" and "LOOKING FOR HAZZAT". And then to be sure you find us, me and Justkidden will start singing "Macho Man" while pointing at filmyguy in front of thousands of people to make him feel uncomfortable. So follow the sound of the song and we'll be there! mini/cat

JK, you and me need to start practicing.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Wow, thanks for the response so far everyone! I'm assuming the 29th would be the best, seeing as that's the Saturday between the dates. I've got no idea where we should actually meet - would we find each other in a street or meet in a coffee shop or something? Ideally we'd go back to someone's house and make the ultimate brickfilm collaboration, everyone seems to live pretty far away so maybe I'll take my brickfilming equipment with me...

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Up to 2 hours away... I *might* make it.