Re: BiM 2011: TOY idea disscussion thread

Hazzat wrote:

Hey guys, please stop 'copyrighting' your ideas. There's no reason why two, perhaps three, people can't make a movie about the same subject. In fact, I would love to see that happen.

Let's play nice, shall we?

Hey wait a sec, wouldn't it be awesome if a few people set their films in the same era, and reference or cameo each other's characters? mini/bigsmile

legocitymovie wrote:

I think im going to base my story on someone that gets forced into war (Idk what war it will be yet mini/sweat )

Ahh shoot! I was thinking the same idea! Maybe we could have different wars? mini/yes

mod edit: Ohai there Mod, you alright?
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=DWStorm
^^^^Check out my bricklink store ^^^^

StormTrooper305 wrote:
legocitymovie wrote:

I think im going to base my story on someone that gets forced into war (Idk what war it will be yet mini/sweat )

Ahh shoot! I was thinking the same idea! Maybe we could have different wars? mini/yes

Sloth Paladin in another thread. wrote:

Every time you make a film it is derivate of some other idea someone else had. No one else would have quite the same take on an idea, I bet if you took one of the ideas posted in this thread and had three directors that had a semblance of a style the three films would be very different.

"every day I feel more pleased that sigging isn't a thing anymore" - Squash
YOUTUBE | Will voice act, ping me in the discord.
03:52    Smeagol    I should send girls turds in a box
01:28    Smeagol    That signature leaves me wondering if I should be sending more girls more turds in boxes than I presently am

Chris W. wrote:

I'm thinking of doing a fairy tale. Like Hansel and Gretel or Jack and the Beanstalk, but funny.

Hansel and Gretel would be great.

Kinzcove wrote:
Chris W. wrote:

I'm thinking of doing a fairy tale. Like Hansel and Gretel or Jack and the Beanstalk, but funny.

I think I will make it. I'm going to make a joke that Gretel won't eat the candy because she wants to watch her weight. mini/lol

ok, a final idea has come to my mind. mini/bigsmile
now i'm just starting to script, Then after that i'll do some animation tests, and practice my music creation.
Then i'll start animation (around February- my script is going to be pretty long). Then i'll animate one scene, create music, and repeat. i've already made the title sequence with custom made music. I'm sorry- but i will not be making any music for anyone else for this, but feel free to use some of my pre-made music (on my youtube) if you do- you must credit me (no seriously, in the BiM 2011 rules, it says if you don't credit every music in your film (even if you made it yourself,you can be disqualified) but if i feel like it- i'll upload more music you can use to youtube

EDIT: or, since i like my ideas sooo much- i'll do a different film i've been thinking of.

Last edited by Mason (December 22, 2010 (03:21pm))

I have the idea. Ive decided that Im going to write it as a short story then script. Im going to make this my greatest film yet.

Cartoonkid98 wrote:
StormTrooper305 wrote:
legocitymovie wrote:

Sloth Paladin in another thread. wrote:

Every time you make a film it is derivate of some other idea someone else had. No one else would have quite the same take on an idea, I bet if you took one of the ideas posted in this thread and had three directors that had a semblance of a style the three films would be very different.

I have thought of a different idea now mini/bigsmile And suprisingly no one has thought of this..

I am thinking of doing a comedy western. Now to think of jokes that people haven't already used......

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Okay Okay! I have an amazing Idea! here it goes.... A time traveling Kitten. I know, amazing right? mini/XD I honestly have no idea what I'm gonna do for this... :-) I'll think of something...

My youtube: Youtube.com/darthrugg

My site: https://sites.google.com/site/darthrugg/home

StormTrooper305 wrote:

I have thought of a different idea now mini/bigsmile And suprisingly no one has thought of this..

Come on... Tell us. Don't worry though, I've already got my own idea. I wouldn't steal yours. mini/shifty

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

jstudios wrote:
StormTrooper305 wrote:

Come on... Tell us. Don't worry though, I've already got my own idea. I wouldn't steal yours. mini/shifty

Well, I was originally going to do about BlackBeard the pirate. But since pirates ships were 119 pounds, I decided to do something about WW2, So you may take the Pirate idea if you like mini/yes

one of three\two (in order of how much I like them)

1. High School in the 1980's.

2, Christmas Carol as a musical.

3. The Beatles (only if CK can get the rights for his- then I will follow suit.)

Which one?

MATT

13:58    BertL    you mean in high school people don't spontaneously break into song and dance

I think I might do a Blockudrama (Lego-Docudrama) about the Hinton Train Collision in Alberta Canada.  Except I might have to alter the setting and names bit to make it more original. But it will still retain the basic premise of the event. Which was, a commission is being held investigating the events of what led to National Transport Authority Freight Train 413 (Canadian Nation 413 in real life) collision with the National Transport Authority Supra-continental 4 (VIA Supercontinental 4 in real life). Through out the commission, there will be flash backs to the accident from the witness's point of view ultimately leading to how the accident really happened by the end of the film. What do you guys think? mini/smile

Youtube - Animated Films, Brickfilms, Timelapse, and More!

Chris W. wrote:
Kinzcove wrote:
Chris W. wrote:

I think I will make it. I'm going to make a joke that Gretel won't eat the candy because she wants to watch her weight. mini/lol

Nice idea except
Hansel and Gretel is a fake story.  TOY entries have to be based on actual events or places.

Nice idea except
Hansel and Gretel is a fake story.  TOY entries have to be based on actual events or places.

mini/sweat Only one way to confirm it, Smeagol...

A heavy metal band through the years, featuring an original soundtrack.

Chris W. wrote:

Nice idea except

mini/sweat Only one way to confirm it, Smeagol...

The Rules wrote:

Entrants for this contest are asked to tell a story rooted in history.  Entries may be based on actual events, or simply include historical settings, people, and/or events as central elements of the story.

As you can see, entries are not required to be based on actual events. Just make sure you emphasize the historicity of the setting or people.

mini/bigsmile Yay.

Seems like a lot of people are doing detective films.
I was originally going to do one as well, but since others are doing it I am going to find a different idea mini/wink

-EmmaExecute

Last edited by EmmaExecute (December 23, 2010 (10:16pm))

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll119/emma_execution/siggy.png
^Click to watch